Author Topic: Is "what is being said" and "best of it" in verse 39:18 referring to Quran only?  (Read 133 times)

seekingtruth1111

• Apprentice
Peace

39:18 The ones who listen to what is being said, and then follow the best of it. These are the ones whom God has guided, and these are the ones who possess intelligence.

What is being said: Is it referring to Quran or anything in general?
Best of it: Best of what is being said (Quran or any word in general?)

If it is referring to what is being said in  Quran then what is the meaning of "Best of IT" ? Best meaning/interpretation?

If we compare with the following verse where it talks about the tablets of Moses we see the similar expression. The following verse is only referring to the Tablets of Moses. What is best from The tablets of Moses? Best meaning/interpretation?

7:145 And We wrote for him on the tablets from all things a lesson, and detailing all things. Take it with strength and order your people to take the best from it. I will show you the abode of the wicked.

Peace

jkhan

• Truth Seeker
Peace

39:18 The ones who listen to what is being said, and then follow the best of it. These are the ones whom God has guided, and these are the ones who possess intelligence.

What is being said: Is it referring to Quran or anything in general?
Best of it: Best of what is being said (Quran or any word in general?)

If it is referring to what is being said in  Quran then what is the meaning of "Best of IT" ? Best meaning/interpretation?

If we compare with the following verse where it talks about the tablets of Moses we see the similar expression. The following verse is only referring to the Tablets of Moses. What is best from The tablets of Moses? Best meaning/interpretation?

7:145 And We wrote for him on the tablets from all things a lesson, and detailing all things. Take it with strength and order your people to take the best from it. I will show you the abode of the wicked.

Peace

Peace...
Very good choice of verses..
That manifestly talk about only the verses of God or rather speech of God... Nothing else...
In my understanding to take the better of it means to get the understanding of the verses in right way... Coz both the verses give the instructions for people to choose... Not to explicitly explain to Messengers the better part... We have to decide what actually written in the book.. Be it tora or Quran... We have to ponder on the verses of God... And get better of it for us to follow... We can't follow blindly... So we learn quran and get an idea what actually God has revealed and then opt the better of it... That's what I get by those two verses.. In a way interpretation of one's own... But after thoroughly studying... Coz the choice is given to the one who hears the speech of God or for current people the book itself... As long as we stick within the meaning of Quran with utmost exploration then it befits..