Author Topic: Scientific Explanation of Moses's Stick  (Read 998 times)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Re: Scientific Explanation of Moses's Stick
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2019, 01:38:54 AM »
peace all,

Some may find this book interesting:
Modern Muslim Koran Interpretation by J Baljon
From here.

I don't think it covers these verses but many examples and issues related to this subject.

As a side note, I strongly recommend downloading all books on that page, saving them to CD, making copies to share etc. It is a gold mine that will not be there forever. Some book links have already stopped working.

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2019, 06:39:40 AM »
Peace NK.

When your title is "Scientific explanation of Moses stick", I expected some sort of Scientific details of how Moses stick worked?
In other words your title is misleading . I agree however that the guy looks at it from another angle.

I was asking in case you had the wrong video here and there was another one with more details in it.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

NK

• Apprentice
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2019, 08:03:18 AM »
Peace good logic,

Now I realise that my title is indeed misleading. Basically,  Mufti tried to point out that magicians filled the sticks and ropes with mercury and then some how exposed them to heat which produced the effect as they were running like snakes. His point was that Moses (PBUH) simply expose their lies. The details not mentioned by Quran and left for people to ponder. This resulted in change of magicians mind and they surrendered.

Interestingly, when they surrendered and Pharoah asked them why they did this, they said they had seen signs (not a sign what traditionalist believed that they changed their mind due to Moses (PBUH) turned staff into actual snake). This is the reason I made the status of my post scientific explanation of Moses stick.

NK

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2019, 10:51:56 AM »
Thanks NK. Understood.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2019, 03:49:04 PM »
salaam NK,

Qur’an about magicians’ magic:
20:66 …their ropes and staffs, by their magic, seemed to him to be moving rapidly.

Qur’an about Moses’ stick:
20:20 =>”So he threw it away, so then it is a quick moving snake/Hayyat!

27:10 & 28:31 =>”…so when he saw it shakes/moves 'as if it were a Jann'…” (i.e. as if what Moses had since long time with him was not just a stick but was a Jinn. Or Moses saw his staff shaking/moving like a living creature)

God says to Moses:
20:69 …They have only made the plans of a magician…
It makes sense that what Moses did was something different. i.e. he was not familiar with what they did.

Video:
Mufti does not believe in stick-snake miracle but says Moses’ hand lights up and light rays were coming out (is it not a miracle?) -weird! (against science!!)

Regarding Muhammad Asad's interpretation: (3:49)

See all other occurrences of the same word ‘al-tayr’ in the Qur’an, nowhere it gives the meaning “destiny”
http://corpus.quran.com/search.jsp?q=lem%3ATayor+pos%3An

Also, do you have a scientific explanation for this:
19:17…so We sent Our Spirit to her, and he took on the shape of a mortal in all similarity/an upright human.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself-17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

NK

• Apprentice
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2019, 04:36:58 PM »
Salam Mohammad,

After reading your reply, it is confirmed that you not only have a superficial understanding of Quran but also don't know the Arabic language.

You said in your comment: <<<as if what Moses had since long time with him was not just a stick but was a Jinn>>

In your opinion Moses stick was not a stick but was Jinn. It shows that you have no clue about Arabic language. Also, your question regarding the word الطیر also shows your lack of knowledge of Arabic. I am very interested how do you translate following Arabic sentence:

لَا طَيْرَ إِلَّا طَيْرُ ٱللّٰهِ .

Like I said in my reply before that I am very busy and don't have time and energy to start discussion with you from the scratch. I am sure after reading my reply you would response. You rely on Ulema's translation and I read Quran from my own eyes. I am not here to change anyone mind but to give my opinion and leave rest for the readers to decide. I have the answer of your query regarding angel appeared to Mary but for this you need a better understanding of Arabic. 

Anyway, For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." (6) [109:6]

Thanks,
NK

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2019, 07:22:23 AM »
In your opinion Moses stick was not a stick but was Jinn.
Sorry, you misunderstood my reply. May be because of my English.
God does not need the help of a Jinn to convert a stick into a snake.

Anyway, For you is your religion, and for me is my religion." (6) [109:6]
Same to you. salaam
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

NK

• Apprentice
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2019, 08:30:19 AM »
Salam Mohammad,

No I didn't. I only copied what you wrote in your reply. In your reply you said Moses staff was a Jinn. However, God used the word Jann.

You didn't translate simple Arabic sentence and I was interested that you would translate it as a bird or destiny?

You said in your comment:  <<<God does not need the help of a Jinn to convert a stick into a snake>>.

No where in the Quran God said the stick was converted in to real snake. Re-read all the verses mentioned regarding Moses stick and ponder the Arabic words used in those verses. God deliberately used the word سِيرَتَهَا and not صُورَةٍھا but our preconceived understanding change the meaning of the Quran. 

Salam
NK

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2019, 05:33:13 AM »
At least consider/ understand the status (level of ignorance) of the people Moses were sent, and the nature of Fir’aun who claimed as GOD! (28:38)

Another verse: (7:107) ثُعْبَانٌ مُّبِينٌ -a serpent, manifest
http://corpus.quran.com/translation.jsp?chapter=7&verse=107