News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

The Esau vs. Jacob issue

Started by quincy, November 03, 2019, 08:17:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quincy

I read through the current compilation of the so called "Bible" twice and surely there are some questionable and maybe absurd occurrences which need to be addressed. Especially the Esau vs. Jacob issue as this was the initiation of a god chosen lineage even though it was just an ordinary blessing of Isaac. So Esau was the elder son of Isaac which had the privilege of becoming his blessing. As the primogeniture was honored in the semitic culture, Esau was ready to receive it as his mother Rebekah planned a deceit to give it to Jacob - because simply she liked Jacob more i guess?? So the blessing was stolen by Jacob and he became Israel after some time...

You can read the whole story here:

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Genesis+27&version=NLT

So Jacob got the blessing by deceit... i don't quite think that its okay. The Hebrew Israelite movement base their whole doctrine and all the problems of the world on this story, because they think that Esau's descendants are corrupting the world. But Jacob was here the deceiver  in the first place, i mean you cant fool God... and if you can then its not the real God in my opinion. Now all this fuss about the chosen people brought all of this bullshit we face today with the Zionist movement and so on. The Qur'an never mentions this, but still there are some folks who strongly believe in the Bible. I do too, but not in such absurd stories like this. If this story is fabricated, why even mention this??? The Qur'an never addresses it but Ya'qub is in fact mentioned.

2:133    Or were you present when death came to Jacob and he said to his sons: "Who shall you serve from after me?" They said: "Your god, and the god of your fathers Abram, and Ishmael, and Isaac; One god and to Him we submit."

What do you think about this? I know here are a lot of people who strictly only believe the Qur'an but please, there are people who also strictly believe in the Bible.

TellMeTheTruth

Salam!
AQ is the Book of Adam, the Book of Noah, Suhuf Ibrahim wa Musa, the Torah, the Injil, and what was revealed to Dawoid and Suleiman. It is an extract قرء of all those scriptures. Thus called قرآن. THE TRUTH! حق.
Peace!

good logic

Peace quincy.

I suppose I can only speak after Qoran that is supposed to supersede all other scripture., knowing that we need to analyse all scriptures including Qoran and try to distinguish  truth from falsehood. i.e the words of GOD from the words of men.

We need to use ,as best as possible, our logic and also eliminate any contradiction, the questions that we need to pose are:
- Is the story logical and makes sense.
-Is there any contradictions with other texts in the scripture.
- Does the story break any commandments of GOD.
-What is the wisdom/aim behind the story.

The story you mentioned,as far as I can see has many defaults:
-It breaks a command of "truthfulness" in our affairs.
- Contradicts the "good morals" found in the scripture.
-involves "GOD s blessing" in a wheeler dealer type of events. Deceit and corruption.
- GOD does not deal in His blessing with deceit and lies....etc.
Is there a wisdom behind it? I suppose from men s bias side there might be, but it is wrong.
Words of GOD cannot be contradictory and unfair.
But who can come up with a different explanation for it? Is there one?
That is how I see it.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

quincy

Its all good, big brothers are just egocentric and narcissistic assholes - they don't deserve any blessing.

John

1. Where is any copy of this "injeel" now?

2. What evidence is there that there was an injeel different from the Gospels before and/or at the time of Muhammad?

3. How come your god couldn't stop people tampering with and destroying it?

4. How logistically could a man or group of men go all the way around the world, to every nook and cranny, to every church, home, library, king's palace, monastery, university, rich man's house...and steal the "original" 1000's of injeels and replace it with a fake one OR alter its words? How could this occur and no one get caught or there be no one waking up in the morning going, "Hey, who's been altering my injeel?"

I'm still waiting for an honest Muslim (I know, an oxymoron!).