Author Topic: Am I answerable..?  (Read 1383 times)

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Am I answerable..?
« Reply #10 on: December 31, 2019, 11:34:49 PM »
Your ex-wife only reacted poorly to the news. I wouldn't split the blame equally between you two here. But anyways. Moving on.
You said you are working on yourself since 2018 doing therapy ? Therapy isn't working on yourself. Therapy is therapy.

Working on yourself is a work that you do in your privacy and your day-to-day life by having an inward look on yourself and what is going on in your mind, what are you feeling, why are you feeling this way, why are you thinking this or that. what made you take this action, was it the right thing to do, did you do it on your own will or were you under compulsion, where is this compulsion coming from, from inside(your feelings) or other people...
Basically trying to make sense of yourself and the world around you and pinpointing the flaws. This is everyday. Your life will keep you distracted so find time for yourself everyday. Consider this as some kind of "salat".

Normally marriage (when the intents are correct from both parties) helps the individual grow by adopting more responsibilities and by making them hold themselves to their best standards in their privacy by being around their partner. Because people have different standards when nobody's looking. They are good at acting in front of other people...So having a partner in privacy forces the person to act properly even in their privacy, or risk getting shamed and judged by their partner. But anyways since you are way past your marriage now, and until your next marriage (lol) try to take a stepback to pay attention to yourself, specially in private.

cyrus1987

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: January 01, 2020, 12:21:16 AM »
Great post. Yes I’ve realised therapy can do much and it’s for me to develop myself every day by doing a lot of introspection, interrogation of my feelings and getting closer to God. I don’t guilty anymore of lying to my friend as me admitting to it doesn’t make a difference to him and I don’t want my past activities to define me as a person. Also there’s so much to the breakdown of the marriage and it wasn’t just the cheating though too much to write on here. New year new me.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +2/-0
« Reply #12 on: January 01, 2020, 03:55:42 AM »
Peace cyrus1987.

This thread is turning out useful.Good advice..
In learning the lesson from the past,there is no need to rush redemption. Take your time in reflection and weight out the actions that will follow. Building trust with those involved will take time .
Hard, painful, terrible things happen. That is the nature of being alive for most  here in this world. Not everything works out; not everything happens for a reason..
Thank you for sharing.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

es

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2020, 03:28:08 PM »
Why are you in so much denial about your sexuality even after all this time?

cyrus1987

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: January 03, 2020, 12:13:50 AM »
I am well aware of my sexuality though unfortunately I am also stuck in a cycle of bad habits. I experienced abuse in my childhood and have self esteem issues, and I’m trying to get out of it. Will take time though sure I’ll get there!