Author Topic: what is ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ (al-'aalameen)  (Read 7425 times)

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: what is ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ (al-'aalameen)
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2016, 11:24:47 PM »
Salaam HP_TECH

Humbly, your assigned meanings of الْعَالَمِينَ (materialized actualities) does not relate well with the primary signification of root علم (which describes aspects of knowledge) nor does it address why the word الْعَالَمِينَ is plural, and what would it refer to in singular form. You also had to resort to redefine ?materialized? as including non-material ?realities like love, desire, humility, and kindness etcetera? which is inherently self-contradictory.

Humbly, I think you are completely mistaken in regards to the given definition's plausibility. 

1) Materialized actualities relate perfectly with knowledge.

Take an "actual" good look at the letters in bold from the previous post

ma?te?ri?al?ize
verb
become actual fact; happen.
happen, occur, come about, take place, come into being, transpire;

ac?tu?al?i?ty
noun
actual existence, typically as contrasted with what was intended, expected, or believed.
reality, fact, truth, real life
existing conditions or facts.
plural noun: actualities

What does the word knowledge convey? What does it mean when you say you know something?
You are essentially implying that you are aware of a fact or truth
Now please take a look at the definition of knowledge:
knowledge
noun
acquaintance with facts, truths, or principles, as from study or investigation; general erudition:
knowledge of many things.
familiarity or conversance, as with a particular subject or branch of learning:
A knowledge of accounting was necessary for the job.
acquaintance or familiarity gained by sight, experience, or report:
a knowledge of human nature.
the fact or state of knowing; the perception of fact or truth; clear and certain mental apprehension.
awareness, as of a fact or circumstance:
He had knowledge of her good fortune.
something that is or may be known; information:
He sought knowledge of her activities.
the body of truths or facts accumulated in the course of time.

As you can see knowledge is the underlying root of those words because to materialize something is to make something become actual or a fact/truth and an actuality is a reality, fact, truth and obviously knowledge is to be aware of a fact, truth, reality.

2) I don't see why you claim it does not address الْعَالَمِينَ being plural.

It addresses plurality. Materialized actuality(singular) and materialized actualitie(plural)s.

3) I did not redefine anything brother.

Study the meaning of these words presented to you carefully. In this particular case, materialized does not necessarily meaning that something has become physical it is more general as in something has come into being.
This is not too difficult to grasp at all, just focus on the definitions in bold.

The above is to prove that words have overlapping meanings and language is fluid and not static.

However now I am leaning towards Al-alameen more simply entailing Realms, Domains, (the realities of the preceding) which contain these realities and materialized actualities.

re?al?i?ty  (rē-ăl′ĭ-tē)
n. pl. re?al?i?ties

1. The quality or state of being actual or true.
2. One, such as a person, an entity, or an event, that is actual
3. The totality of all things possessing actuality, existence, or essence.
4. That which exists objectively and in fact

re?al?i?ty
rēˈalədē/
noun
the world or the state of things as they actually exist, as opposed to an idealistic or notional idea of them.

Take a look at the above definition carefully do not overlook as before and ponder a bit....

I now think worlds is just as fine! Realms/Domains/Worlds entail everything that is actual, factual, or true within those realms, domains because they are in fact realities that are the ALL-Aware is Aware of and that we are informed through experience.
There is a need among us to be able to discern the interchangeability of certain words.

Take care
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: what is ٱلْعَـٰلَمِينَ (al-'aalameen)
« Reply #51 on: October 14, 2016, 11:51:15 AM »
'Alemeen are ones who can get (come near-er) to the knowledge about Rabb.

Allah's bless and selam.

Somehow a nice round-up. You do not know how close you are to my reinterpretation of Quran. The passage actually speaks indirectly of people in plural who know their Rabb.

Be well
Amenuel
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net