News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

BELIEVE vs FAITH = knowing or thought ?

Started by imrankhawaja, October 06, 2019, 03:21:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cerberus

Believing is easy. Some people are born with these beliefs which they never bothered to critically think about and they even included them in their identity, a pride. Or they've accepted the belief with very little understanding, believe in god do the prayer thingy and go to heaven ? good deal.

Reality is we've been given reason to tell right from wrong. But it is clouded by what is referred to as satan.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Cerberus on October 21, 2019, 06:05:26 AM

Believing is easy. Some people are born with these beliefs which they never bothered to critically think about and they even included them in their identity, a pride. Or they've accepted the belief with very little understanding, believe in god do the prayer thingy and go to heaven ? good deal.

TRUE most of the cases use belief system instead of inquiring system.

Reality is we've been given reason to tell right from wrong. But it is clouded by what is referred to as satan.

SATAN (noun) also comes from the package of belief noone ever met with him in person.

SATAN (adjective) comes from the same figure whos been doing " shaitani "  people of Abrahamic faith system believe the first satan was IBLESS whos responsible for igniting all satanic acts.. 

people got no evidence of that story but they have firm belief on it..

i m trying to separate the belief vs knowing  :peace:

imrankhawaja

Quote from: MissMarple77 on October 20, 2019, 02:21:04 PM

It is not necessarily a "read-only" thing.

"This was not God, who spoke to you. You were tricked by a devil."

may b devil was not created at the time of that event ?

or

we can assume devil is more powerful than God to hack the system of early process of creation and he make it happen to fail Gods made human memory ROM and RAM lol.
READ only memory..
RANDOM access memory ..

in easy language whats a big deal to show human (its from me vs its not from me) ? or devil can come in between ?

in wordly way i can make my CD(ROM) before i make my virus..
i can also make a virus/devil that not able to trick my CD(ROM). both ways

every point what u making bring two more other points what make that story more unclear and we can say its our belief on that story as that story appear in the text what cant b wrong..

its not any harm admitting that we dnt know instead  of we do believe

Jafar

Quote from: imrankhawaja on October 06, 2019, 03:21:25 AM
we blindly believe (xyz) is God = because we dont know who is God.

THOUGHT created the image of God and then THOUGHT worships the image what THOUGHT has created, different THOUGHTS created different GOD/s

HOW to replace the correct word for belief in the current situation ?

We're not sure WHAT is God, is more contextual on this matter.

Believing is easy. Some people are born with these beliefs which they never bothered to critically think about and they even included them in their identity, a pride.

Yes it's intriguing to observe how EGO works.
It can attach itself literally to ANYTHING thus identifying anything as "ME" or "part of ME".

It can attach itself to another people, "X is MY friend/ally, you hurt him you hurt me".
It can attach itself to another being, "X is MY pet, you hurt it you hurt me".
It can attach itself to an item, "X is MY book, you insult X: you insult ME.

It can attach itself even to an abstract things.
- X is MY nationality, you insult X: you insult ME.
- X is MY ethnicity, you insult X: you insult ME.
- X is MY religion, you insult X: you insult ME.
- X is MY Deity, you insult X: you insult ME.
- X is MY Idol, you insult X: you insult ME.
- X is MY Football Team, you insult X: you insult ME.

Observing friends playing PUBG on their phone, often you will hear a panicking scream: "Sh$t!! They're shooting at ME!! I'm surrounded!!". While it's clear that nobody are actually shooting at him, and he's sitting on a chair in a very safe environment with eyes fixated on his mobile phone.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Jafar on November 29, 2019, 07:02:56 PM
We're not sure WHAT is God, is more contextual on this matter.

nobody are actually shooting at him.

GREEN Yeh, we with human mind/brain cannot possibly KNOW what is God.

The images what thought created about God/s have equal side of opposition in all matters..

We clearly unable to prove/understand what image of God is true image when we know all images are created by human itself.

EVEN all theories are human theories and all theories refuted by same humans.

Thats why mind at one point giveup solving that equation.

Example like other things the image of God evolved through times and every evolution/religions try to rectify the errors of previous generations..

Still  human images of God/s seeking question that goes back to loop of UN-knowing vs believe/faith.

In REALITY only creator if he exist knows and he dnt need to BELIEVE.

Everyone past/present believes in different images of God due to the the availaible idols
(book, statue, folktales) they have. None knows but they believed.

I will open a new thread on WHY human being believe?

RED human mind games and creations works same way lol in that game at one point u can kill Your own partner who is been killing other players with you. a SELFISH programe is installed by a selfish mind..

Thats y the images of human made God/s are working on same pattern.
Example,

He threats with hell fire
He threats with poverty
He punish the wicked as well as innocents in earlier generations.
He got enemies who dnt paid God taxes.
He got attention seeking problem ignoring him will burn a creation in hell..  :&
He got favorism problem he choose who to guide or who to misguide.
He get angry. Bla Bla etc

MissMarple77

Quote from: imrankhawaja on November 09, 2019, 11:38:52 PM
we can assume devil is more powerful than God to hack the system of early process of creation and he make it happen to fail Gods made human memory ROM and RAM lol.
READ only memory..
RANDOM access memory ..

in easy language whats a big deal to show human (its from me vs its not from me) ? or devil can come in between ?
As I said: You can not find out... I can not find out... The devil can not find out... The difference is I know what the devil is doing and stay silent. I would be very stupid to give more explanations. You probably don't realize. From that comes OCD or in the usual milder form a machine like way of thinking, that has nothing to do with intelligence (but often mistaken for it), only flipping words. Even God can become a dead object in the brain! Mainly western people live only in their brain and are therfore mostly non-believers.

In easy language: Debating too much on the internet is eroding belief. Good idea to be careful about it.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Cerberus

Quote from: imrankhawaja on November 09, 2019, 11:28:22 PM
TRUE most of the cases use belief system instead of inquiring system.

SATAN (noun) also comes from the package of belief noone ever met with him in person.

SATAN (adjective) comes from the same figure whos been doing " shaitani "  people of Abrahamic faith system believe the first satan was IBLESS whos responsible for igniting all satanic acts.. 

people got no evidence of that story but they have firm belief on it..

i m trying to separate the belief vs knowing  :peace:

Ok I just saw your reply, I understand what you mean.

Experiencing life is what ultimately gives us knowledge provided we are attentive.
I said "What is referred to as Satan" meaning that I have my own ideas of what it is and I think that is what is referred to as Satan in abrahamic faiths. In buddhist faith it is refered to as Mara. "the tempter".

Which one teachs best about something called satan, is it a book that tells you something like "beware of the tempter" or your own reflections about your life experience dealing with temptations and where they come from and how they force you into actions, challenging your own will and principles..the starting point is our life, and then you read somewhere "beware of the tempter" you're like "oh I know what you mean..". In the words of quran it said: "Satan is your enemy so take him as an enemy"...that is a conclusion.

So ultimately we can experience and come to the same conclusions if not better conclusions than our ancestors. It would be unwise to discard our ancestors legacy of wisdom and try to reinvent the wheel, they dealt with life and they left us with some of their greatest conclusions.

But what is even worse than discarding our ancestors' legacy is going through life without any reflection and awareness. Doesn't matter how many times one recite Quran or the bible or shower themselves with self help books or doing yoga or whatever, if I do not understand myself I cannot have control over myself, my actions so my life in general.