News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Does anybody else also sometimes feel lost when having to do worldly stuff

Started by Sarah, August 17, 2019, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MissMarple77

Surely, people were never better. At least in known history. For example after Jesus departet, his disciples thought they are now in the end times and Jesus will shortly return. They surely had also some good reasons/perceptions of the world around them, to believe that. But there are some things which have never occured before. One thing, which is not so small as it sounds, is the immense amount of pictures, we are flooded nowadays in every day life. It has a big emotional impact on our subconscious. I think narcissism has to do something with it.

Seeking on the internet for a partner is something I personally would only do as a last resort, if there somehow would be no other chance. For friendship it's ok, for example if I know nobody who is interested in a particular hobby of mine. I have never understood how people can search for a partner with a check list in mind. Also I don't understand why some Quran alone believers want to marry only a Quranite. The intention to meet a believer in the quranic sense, so a Muslim - can also be a traditional muslim - is enough. Everything else is not within our control. I wish you all the best to find a good partner!
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Sarah

Quote from: MissMarple77 on September 13, 2019, 07:20:40 AM
Surely, people were never better. At least in known history. For example after Jesus departet, his disciples thought they are now in the end times and Jesus will shortly return. They surely had also some good reasons/perceptions of the world around them, to believe that. But there are some things which have never occured before. One thing, which is not so small as it sounds, is the immense amount of pictures, we are flooded nowadays in every day life. It has a big emotional impact on our subconscious. I think narcissism has to do something with it.

Seeking on the internet for a partner is something I personally would only do as a last resort, if there somehow would be no other chance. For friendship it's ok, for example if I know nobody who is interested in a particular hobby of mine. I have never understood how people can search for a partner with a check list in mind. Also I don't understand why some Quran alone believers want to marry only a Quranite. The intention to meet a believer in the quranic sense, so a Muslim - can also be a traditional muslim - is enough. Everything else is not within our control. I wish you all the best to find a good partner!

But narcissism is more than just about loving one's own reflection. I mean the selfishness, the huge ego, indifference for the fellow man. But it's true that the media affects our subconscious.

I ideally would like to marry someone who follows the Qur'an alone because I guess it's an ideal. But a very unrealistic ideal. What are the chances of trusting someone online, let alone being attracted to them when there's hardly any of us...the thing is, so many sites say that traditional Muslims idolise Muhammed therefore are not true believers. I don't know, it gets confusing. Sometimes I tell myself that as long as he'd believe in God and is a good person then maybe that's enough. But then a while after, I become filled with guilt because I don't know whether or not this person would be classed as a 'believer'.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

MissMarple77

But where is the logic, when even christians (explicitly allowed at least the christian women) can be married (5:5). Then traditional muslims should not be allowed? What one favours is of course another thing.
Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)