News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Does anybody else also sometimes feel lost when having to do worldly stuff

Started by Sarah, August 17, 2019, 09:59:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

For example, when I'm job searching or working, it can be repetitive. I start to feel lost and lonely (even when people talk to me). It starts to feel pointless too...my mind goes to a dark, miserable place (but not always just from time to time).

Sorry, not sure if it's in the correct category.

I guess we could link this with the Qur'an. What would be some Quranic advice for feeling lost in life?

'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Sarah on August 17, 2019, 09:59:04 PM

For example, when I'm job searching or working, it can be repetitive. I start to feel lost and lonely (even when people talk to me). It starts to feel pointless too...my mind goes to a dark, miserable place (but not always just from time to time).

Its psychological feelings..

population of world is increasing resources are limited to few people at this age you can experience a lot more people who think/feel same like you..

things happened in time/space in such a way that none can control over it. soon you will discover it,
average person understand it after 50s .. but now a days people are computerised hence they are  discovering things quickly..  :laugh:

some issues/factors what make human mind feel lonely..

1 JOB/work/money
2 health/illness/disease
3 failure in relationship/family
4 getting late in achieving results/targets.

REASONS

the main reason is when we compare our time-span with another person/people time-span

POSSIBLE cures..

reduce the desire of happiness or change the perception of happiness..

BECAUSE

someone else painted/directed/created  all of it without our wish/control.. one day perhaps that  someone unlock the next level in which u start learning some of the mysteries of the information what we are experiencing..

good logic

If we search for our true conviction, by recognising that we are accountable to the CREATOR-If one believes in a Creator-, then try the following:

1- Put GOD 24/7 in our mind. This will change our attitude and priorities.
2- Being under the watchful eye of GOD ,we start to be conscious of our life , conduct and  behaviour.
3- We start by "taking our accountability seriously" , Aware to do to others no harm, to respect and value everything. Do our duty whatever it entails.
4- Fulfil our contracts. If we are paid for a job, do that job to the best of our ability or undo the contract.
5-Trust in GOD.Talk/complain, ask...GOD like you would a very best friend. We need support in this life and GOD is the best supporter.
6-Enjoy what you do or change the way you live. GOD will help eventually regardless of our fear.
No need to feel lost or feel any loss. with GOD as our best friend.
GOD bless.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/[/url]

TheUnseenLight

Peace,

Absolutely, but I think that comes with the territory of receiving God's grace upon the select few who have been given the truth. It is hard to find any passion or desire in life, speaking for myself, when the only thing that interest me is God's word. Everything else seems pointless. On the bright side though, I use the time I have left by exercising the best of my abilities to carry out God's commands before that Day comes. Use what you are experiencing, sadness/depression/loneliness as an opportunity to please God, by acknowledging that all this that is happening is because of God's will, and embrace it through patience, perseverance, and faith. Everything you are feeling is not in vain, it is for a specific purpose for His glory. Remember, what you are feeling is no accident :)

57:22
Not strikes any disaster in the earth and not in yourselves, but in a Register before that We bring it into existence. Indeed, that for Allah (is) easy.

57:23
So that you may not grieve over what has escaped you, and (do) not exult at what He has given you. And Allah (does) not love every self-deluded boaster

9:51
Say, "Never will befall us except what Allah has decreed for us, He (is) our Protector." And on Allah [so] let the believers put (their) trust.

Create a Godly mission for yourself to pursue everyday for His sake. Maybe create 1 year, 5 year, and 10 year goals which will help establish a blueprint to look forward to. I believe this can give any person of faith to have more purpose in life that will require you to strive in this world, not in vain, but for God's glory. Hope this helps. Peace.

spodacus

Salam, search for opportunities to do charity or acts of kindness. Sometimes even talking to another person is an act of charity. My coworker was in severe depression over the end of his relationship and just talking to us every morning helped him come out of it. In everything we do is some blessings from Allah so take advantage and grab at those opportunities. If we feel like society is uncontrollably damaged (which it is) and we try to break away from it we miss those chances to make ourselves better.

Peace

I guess we could link this with the Qur'an. What would be some Quranic advice for feeling lost in life?

amin

prepare to give what we have enough in kindness, we will get what we need and above everything  thank Him for everything. :)

Emre_1974tr

The world entered a dark and challenging period. That's what I've seen for the last two years. Narcissistic energy is sweeping the world.

Embrace worship and goodness. Show full submission to Allah.

Continue reading the Qur'an by understanding and reflecting in at your own language, albeit a few pages per day.

Peace
[url="https://twitter.com/Emre_1974tr"]https://twitter.com/Emre_1974tr[/url]

[url="http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/"]http://emre1974tr.blogspot.com/[/url]

Mohammed.

Peace

salaam Sarah,

See what the Qur'an says about people who are in a good bond with the creator.

10:62 For the allies of God, there is no fear over them nor will they grieve.
10:63 Those who have believed and are aware.
10:64 For them are glad tidings in the worldly life and in the Hereafter. There is no changing the words of God. Such is the great triumph.

Can you imagine being in such a state! How blessed are those who achieve such a level of understanding! Doesn't matter whether we are rich/poor, employed/unemployed, married/unmarried etc. We won't feel alone/helpless, even if the whole world is against us.
It's a spirit which keeps us Conscious of our being/existence from nothingness, and it keeps us in the present -whatever/how hard the circumstance is. We realize what life actually is. We understand the simplicity/clearness of life.

We are born and grew up/ we are living in a system which is nearly filled with deception i.e. we're living in a highly materialistic society. What we see/ what we hear etc. in our day to day life influence us and we imitate it knowingly or unknowingly, depending upon our understanding of life.

We are equipped/blessed with incredible power, but the majority is unaware of that, the way they lived/they are living their life made them weak in understanding. They are far away from the reality. They are contented with what is physical and superficial; leaving/forgetting what is unseen. People live in such a way that they created Life even though they do not agree it as a fact.

The Qur'an is a mercy which teaches us to utilize the power within us to explore and enjoy this wonderful world which is designed/engineered for us, and guiding us to open worlds of happiness.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

MissMarple77

Quote from: Emre_1974tr on August 20, 2019, 04:56:14 PM
The world entered a dark and challenging period. That's what I've seen for the last two years. Narcissistic energy is sweeping the world.
Strange, really strange! - that's quite exactly the time span I am wondering now what is going on in society now. Simple things like greeting for example. People now often don't greet at all or do it in a manner as if they had to pay money every time. Never ever saw this before in my life to this extent. Very un-quranic:

4:86 And if you were greeted with a greeting, so greet with better from (than) it, or return it, that God was/is on every thing counting/calculating.

I notice communication is collapsing. Both willingness and ability to communicate. Not something about difficult matters, just normal abilities to make conversation. They often can't stay more than one sentence with the same topic. Elder women who want to look at all costs like twens. Young women looking mostly not nice and pretty any more, like it used to be. But at the same time very obsessed with their body... and more ...

Yes, narcissistic, very dark and dense energy.

Feeling lost amongst God's enemies is a good sign to be probably on the right side, I would say. It's a difficult testing period now. But:

2:187 They (your wives) are your garment and you are a garment for them.

Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves. (Matthew 23:15)

Sarah

Quote from: MissMarple77 on September 11, 2019, 08:58:44 AM
Strange, really strange! - that's quite exactly the time span I am wondering now what is going on in society now. Simple things like greeting for example. People now often don't greet at all or do it in a manner as if they had to pay money every time. Never ever saw this before in my life to this extent. Very un-quranic:

4:86 And if you were greeted with a greeting, so greet with better from (than) it, or return it, that God was/is on every thing counting/calculating.

I notice communication is collapsing. Both willingness and ability to communicate. Not something about difficult matters, just normal abilities to make conversation. They often can't stay more than one sentence with the same topic. Elder women who want to look at all costs like twens. Young women looking mostly not nice and pretty any more, like it used to be. But at the same time very obsessed with their body... and more ...

Yes, narcissistic, very dark and dense energy.

Feeling lost amongst God's enemies is a good sign to be probably on the right side, I would say. It's a difficult testing period now. But:

2:187 They (your wives) are your garment and you are a garment for them.

You've made some interesting points. But on the other hand, hasn't society always been a bit narcissistic? I mean if you read the Qur'an, the enemies wanted to stone certain prophets just for expressing their new religious views. Doesn't that show a great lack of empathy even thousands/ millions of years ago? Its something that's always been around.

I appreciate your answer but when you quoted that 2nd verse I  :'( *cries* lol I've never had a husband or partner before, it's so hard to even find one who follows the Qur'an alone because it means I'd have to gather the courage to seek someone online which isn't easy haha

Even though I'd love to have a partner, I think a partner is only one factor to feeling less lost. Sometimes the ones we love can also make us feel alienated if they for example behave in a certain way we may not like.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'