Author Topic: Contradictions or not?  (Read 529 times)

FJ

• Apprentice
Contradictions or not?
« on: August 11, 2019, 01:31:43 PM »
Peace all,

I have also posted this under the Quranic Divinity but did not receive any response  :brickwall: hence my posting it here so maybe it will get some attention. Here's the link if you wish to respond there: https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9610754.0

Recently I have come across the following questions or seemingly contradictions and was wondering if they were ever discussed and addressed here or anywhere else and how do we resolve them?

What was man created from: blood, clay, dust, or nothing?

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).

Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?

"Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in Allah hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And Allah heareth and knoweth all things," (2:256).
"And an announcement from Allah and His Messenger, to the people (assembled) on the day of the Great Pilgrimage,--that Allah and His Messenger dissolve (treaty) obligations with the Pagans. If then, ye repent, it were best for you; but if ye turn away, know ye that ye cannot frustrate Allah. And proclaim a grievous penalty to those who reject Faith," (9:3).
"But when the forbidden months are past, then fight and slay the Pagans wherever ye find them, and seize them, beleaguer them, and lie in wait for them in every stratagem (of war); but if they repent, and establish regular prayers and practice regular charity, then open the way for them: for Allah is Oft-forgiving, Most Merciful," (9:5).
Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued," (9:29).

The first Muslim was Muhammad? Abraham? Jacob? Moses?

"And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).
"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).
"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?

Allah forgiveth not that partners should be set up with Him; but He forgiveth anything else, to whom He pleaseth; to set up partners with Allah is to devise a sin Most heinous indeed," (4:48).  Also 4:116
The people of the Book ask thee to cause a book to descend to them from heaven: Indeed they asked Moses for an even greater (miracle), for they said: "Show us Allah in public," but they were dazed for their presumption, with thunder and lightning. Yet they worshipped the calf even after clear signs had come to them; even so we forgave them; and gave Moses manifest proofs of authority," (4:153).

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?

"Rejected were the messengers before thee: with patience and constancy they bore their rejection and their wrongs, until Our aid did reach them: there is none that can alter the words (and decrees) of Allah. Already hast thou received some account of those messengers," (6:34).
"The word of thy Lord doth find its fulfillment in truth and in justice: None can change His words: for He is the one who heareth and knoweth all, (6:115).
None of Our revelations do We abrogate or cause to be forgotten, but We substitute something better or similar: Knowest thou not that Allah Hath power over all things?" (2:106).
When We substitute one revelation for another,- and Allah knows best what He reveals (in stages),- they say, "Thou art but a forger": but most of them understand not," (16:101).

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?

"We took the Children of Israel across the sea: Pharaoh and his hosts followed them in insolence and spite. At length, when overwhelmed with the flood, he said: "I believe that there is no god except Him Whom the Children of Israel believe in: I am of those who submit (to Allah in Islam). (It was said to him): "Ah now!- But a little while before, wast thou in rebellion!- and thou didst mischief (and violence)!  This day shall We save thee in the body, that thou mayest be a sign to those who come after thee! but verily, many among mankind are heedless of Our Signs!" (10:90-92).
Moses said, "Thou knowest well that these things have been sent down by none but the Lord of the heavens and the earth as eye-opening evidence: and I consider thee indeed, O Pharaoh, to be one doomed to destruction!"  So he resolved to remove them from the face of the earth: but We did drown him and all who were with him," (17:102-103).

Is wine consumption good or bad?

O ye who believe! Intoxicants and gambling, (dedication of) stones, and (divination by) arrows, are an abomination,--of Satan's handwork: eschew such (abomination), that ye may prosper," (5:90).
(Here is) a Parable of the Garden which the righteous are promised: in it are rivers of water incorruptible; rivers of milk of which the taste never changes; rivers of wine, a joy to those who drink; and rivers of honey pure and clear. In it there are for them all kinds of fruits; and Grace from their Lord. (Can those in such Bliss) be compared to such as shall dwell forever in the Fire, and be given, to drink, boiling water, so that it cuts up their bowels (to pieces)?" (47:15).
Truly the Righteous will be in Bliss: On Thrones (of Dignity) will they command a sight (of all things): Thou wilt recognize in their faces the beaming brightness of Bliss. Their thirst will be slaked with Pure Wine sealed," (83:22-25).

Peace and thank you in advance.
If you knew who walked besides you on this path that you have chosen you would never experience fear and doubt.

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Contradictions or not?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2019, 07:44:13 PM »
Recently I have come across the following questions or seemingly contradictions and was wondering if they were ever discussed and addressed here or anywhere else and how do we resolve them?

"Created man, out of a (mere) clot of congealed blood," (96:2).
"We created man from sounding clay, from mud moulded into shape, (15:26).
"The similitude of Jesus before Allah is as that of Adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: "Be". And he was," (3:59).
"But does not man call to mind that We created him before out of nothing?" (19:67, Yusuf Ali). Also, 52:35).
"He has created man from a sperm-drop; and behold this same (man) becomes an open disputer! (16:4).

نَسْلُ الْإِنسَانِ

The procreation of Man - Anisogamy

The Grand Qur’ān depicts the creation of First Human being and thereafter the creation of his extension with the choice of such words that mirror the unseen physical realities in picturesque manner, that we could visualize them even before our eyes might have caught their actual images/clips. Herein, we will study about the procreation of the living humanity who are the extension of first Human being.

Common understanding is that the process of human race by sexual reproduction begins with the production of sperm in the male's body. But it is disclosed in the Grand Qur’ān that Sperm is the second stage:

ٱلَّذِىٓ أَحْسَنَ كُلَّ شَـىْءٛ خَلَقَهُۥۖ

He the Exalted is the One Who appropriately proportioned/synchronized/harmonized each and all elements of the physical realm which He the Exalted had created.

وَبَدَأَ خَلْقَ ٱلْإِنسَٟنِ مِن طِيـنٛ .32:07٧

Further be informed, He the Exalted had initiated the Process of creation of Human Being corporeally with extract drawn from wet-clay — [32:07]

ثُـمَّ جَعَلَ نَسْلَهُۥ مِن سُلَٟلَةٛ مِّن مَّآءٛ مَّهِيـنٛ .32:08٨

-- Afterwards, He the Exalted rendered his race as an organism (spermatid) originating from a part of gently and secretively drawn extract. This extract is drawn from treated water rendered  lacking vitality --. [32:08]

The erroneousness of what is termed as ancient Greek plagiarism theses; with regard to verbal mirroring of secrets of human creation/embryology in the Grand Qur’ān, might start seeming palaver when we find the above information about the origin of extension/posterity of human being. Even today in 21st century, the medical science has still not differentiated and given a distinct name/term to the matter from which the human life actually originates.

The beauty of the structuring of sentences is manifest in the fact that the readers of time-line could satisfactorily perceive the information contained therein according to the level of knowledge achieved thereat. People of 7th century could have perceived from it that the life of human being begins in the extract of "water of little/despised import" and felt satisfied by taking it in the meanings of semen. But the choice of words and their arrangement in the sentence structuring is such that all information is embedded therein which the humanity could acquire till last day.

CONT
http://haqeeqat.pk/Human-Embryology.htm

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 02:16:35 PM »
Peace EJ.
Thanks for your request.. I will be happy to  give you a brief explanation of each heading:

They are all stages of creation. and all facts. No contradiction. Like everything alive was created  from water for example

.Is there or is there not compulsion in religion according to the Qur'an?

You are talking about two different things. The compulsion is in the submission to GOD s system.(Deen of GOD, not deen of humans!) Whoever wants to believe believes whoever does not want to believe they have the freedom of choice.
The other verses are talking about events of people aggressing against other people and preventing them from their choice. In fact the other verses are upholding "no compulsion" i.e If one is attacked/stopped from choosing a way of life one has the right to defend themselves.. Different subjects, therefore no contradiction..

The first just means the first of my generation.  It is a figure of speech like:" If this treatment works I will be the first to use I"i.e I will be the utmost user.. Abraham, Moses, Jesus., Mohammed.....were the first to follow GOD s message/ instructions of their people

Does Allah forgive or not forgive those who worship false gods?

Yes GOD forgives all those that repent. after taking other gods providing they correct before death. All the verses are consistent with this.
In fact the exception of "repenting" overrides all the punishments, not just taking other gods.

Are Allah's decrees changed or not?

The words of Allah never change.
The "ayats that people forget are the "miracles". For example Moses miracles can be forgotten over time and GOD brings other miracles with Jesus. GOD can bring an equal miracle or a greater one to different generations.
The "Ayats" that GOD substitute are the revelation to different prophets. GOD substituted the Torah with injil. then Qoran.
Ayat does not always mean words or verses only it has different other meanings like miracle, sign....etc.. Context of verses gives us the meaning.

Was Pharaoh killed or not killed by drowning?

Saving a corpse as a  sign does not mean the person has been saved and is alive. Pharoahs have been saving their kings and queens as mummies as a matter of fact. You have  many examples in museums.

Is wine consumption good or bad?

I cannot see how two different worlds/dimensions can be compared when one does not know the conditions or contents of the wine of another life. The wines are not from the same life/ world or dimension therefore no comparison or contradiction can be made.

Once again these are my take. I will be able to elaborate if needed.
GOD bless you.
Peace
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:12:33 AM »
The first time the jannat (paradise) and the fire of the after life are mentioned in Qur'an we are told they descriptions are mathal, that is, not literal, they are phenomenons which are beyond our knowledge here, life colrs for a blind born. We can become green describing colors to a blind person, he may get something but he will not know what we are explaining till he gets vision. So the descriptions of belyond this life, they are hints as to the feelings or impressions or sensations we may feel, but they are not something to be taken to the dot, because we cannot imagine what is beint told to us, beause cannot "see", like the blind.

As fir3awn being saved int he body, it ws then and there, he may have been subjected to the funerals or whatever that might have the usage, but does not mean that that body would be there forever.

Salaam

ade_cool

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2019, 09:51:42 AM »

"And I [Muhammad] am commanded to be the first of those who bow to Allah in Islam," (39:12).
"When Moses came to the place appointed by Us, and his Lord addressed him, He said: "O my Lord! show (Thyself) to me, that I may look upon thee." Allah said: "By no means canst thou see Me (direct); But look upon the mount; if it abide in its place, then shalt thou see Me." When his Lord manifested His glory on the Mount, He made it as dust. And Moses fell down in a swoon. When he recovered his senses he said: "Glory be to Thee! to Thee I turn in repentance, and I am the first to believe." (7:143).
"And this was the legacy that Abraham left to his sons, and so did Jacob; "Oh my sons! Allah hath chosen the Faith for you; then die not except in the Faith of Islam," (2:132).

Peace FJ,

No contradiction. "The first" is relative. In this context, it is relative between Muhammad, Abraham, Moses, and Jacob, and their respective people. Think of it this way, before Muhammad, Abraham, Moses, and Jacob go inviting people to submit to God, they themselves must first submit. If they themselves haven't submitted yet, how do we expect them to invite others to submit?

Another example.
[2:23] And if you [Al-Nas] are in doubt as to what We have sent down to Our servant, then bring a chapter like this, and call upon your  witnesses other than God if you are truthful.

[2:40] O Bani Israil, remember My favor that I had bestowed upon you, and fulfill your pledge to Me that I may fulfill My  pledge to you, and reverence Me alone.
[2:41] And believe in what I have sent down, affirming what is with you, and do not be the first to disbelieve in it! And do not purchase  with My revelations a cheap gain, and of Me you shall be aware.

There are two groups of people here that is being contrasted in regards to Kitab, which are Bani Israil and An-Nas.

Bani Israil is the one given Kitab by God. And if the one given Kitab by God, disbelieve in what is with them, then how do we expect those who are not given Kitab, who by the way might still have doubt concerning the Kitab? That is why in 2:41, it is mentioned do not be the first to disbelieve to Bani Israil because it is relative to other group of people.

Wassalam,
Ade