News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

A video that questions the Qur'an Alone position.

Started by The Sardar, July 02, 2019, 12:32:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sardar

Salam/Peace everyone, there is a video that has a critique on Qur'an Alone position and i wonder what your thoughts on this video and his arguments:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1sIcQPuGp4

The Sardar

There is a statement he made about 66:3 in his video on the timestamp 25:28 to support his position, now i don't know if he checked the previous verses about what the Messenger was talking about in 66:3 is the verses before:

66:1 ياايها النبى لم تحرم ما احل الله لك تبتغى مرضات ازواجك والله غفور رحيم
Ya ayyuha alnnabiyyulima tuharrimu ma ahalla Allahu lakatabtaghee mardata azwajika waAllahughafoorun raheemun
O prophet, why do you make unlawful what God has made lawful for you, seeking to please your wives? God is Forgiver, Merciful.

66:2 قد فرض الله لكم تحلة ايمانكم والله مولىاكم وهو العليم الحكيم
Qad farada Allahu lakum tahillataaymanikum waAllahu mawlakum wahuwaalAAaleemu alhakeemu
God has already given the law, regarding the cancellation of oaths. And God is your Lord, and He is the Knowledgeable, the Wise.

Now keep this in mind, when the word hadith is mentioned, it is very important the context surrounding the verses that does involve the word hadith like in 45:6 or 39:23.

Now what is the cancellation of oaths? Check for example in 5:87-89.

Also i noticed when he speaks about wahy in his whiteboard about his premise of Qur'an Only on the right, the thing is though that the word wahy is not mentioned in 2:143.

Here is a comment by a brother in a another FB group in We are Quran Alone:
You said the first verse (2:143) mentions specifically that the messenger was on a previous qiblah

Then you read out 2:144 and said "indeed we see the turning of the face, so we shall surely make...."

Actually akhi ALL translations of 2:144 mention he was turning to the heavens and not just turning. Which translation are you using that has omitted the heavens?

So if in 2:143 he had his own qiblah, why in 2:144 does it say he was turning to the heavens?

Also akhi at the time of Musa (10.87) each person in their own home had their own Qibla of direction
Does this mean they all received their own Wahi?

We also have been shown there were multiple Qiblahs of prayer as stated in the ayat after, 2:145. In fact 2:142 says
That the fools ask why they are turning away from the qiblah that they had and the response is East, West belongs to Allah

So akhi my point is this.
If the prophet did have a qiblah before and you consider this to be a separate wahi he received, then why are the fools questioning his turning away from it and why is he turning to the heavens instead of a focal point?

Any thoughts on the video?

huruf

Salaam, Sardar and all

Actually in 2.144, it does not say that he  is turning to the heavens, but that he is turning in (fy) the heavens.

I guess that is a difference, as to what it my actually mean (fy and not ilaa), Has anybody any idea about it?

Salaam

The Sardar

That's what i noticed too in 2:144 is the beginning phrase: Qad nara taqalluba wajhika FI alssama.
It says "We see the shifting of your face IN the heaven" and i noticed some translators in Quranix.org like the Monotheist Translation, Edip-Layth and Muhammad Asad translated FI as "towards" which i find it odd. Doesn't FI means IN and towards in Arabic is ILA? And another comment is that in Quranix.org and Corpus Quran is that both websites state that SHATRA (شطر) is a location adverb.

The Sardar

There is also a point he made about 66:3 in his video on the timestamp 25:28 to support his position, now i don't know if he checked the previous verses about what the Messenger was talking about in 66:3 is the verses before:
66:1 ياايها النبى لم تحرم ما احل الله لك تبتغى مرضات ازواجك والله غفور رحيم
Ya ayyuha alnnabiyyulima tuharrimu ma ahalla Allahu lakatabtaghee mardata azwajika waAllahughafoorun raheemun
O prophet, why do you make unlawful what God has made lawful for you, seeking to please your wives? God is Forgiver, Merciful.

66:2 قد فرض الله لكم تحلة ايمانكم والله مولىاكم وهو العليم الحكيم
Qad farada Allahu lakum tahillataaymanikum waAllahu mawlakum wahuwaalAAaleemu alhakeemu
God has already given the law, regarding the cancellation of oaths. And God is your Lord, and He is the Knowledgeable, the Wise.

Now what is the cancellation of oaths? Check for example in 5:87-89.

And keep this in mind, when the word hadith is mentioned, it is very important the context surrounding the verses that does involve the word hadith like in 45:6 or 39:23.

Also i noticed when he speaks about wahy in his whiteboard about his premise of Qur'an Only on the right, the thing is though that the word wahy is not mentioned in 2:143.

Jane

Only made it to 1:26 in the video before I lost the will to live. The traditionalist's arguments are always the same: empty and boring.

Let people hang on to their beliefs what does it matter. Your own personal awareness of God is what matters.
PEACE

Soittosondhani

SHATRA (شطر) is a verb to mean 'bisect'. Also can be used as a noun 'bisecting' by forming the word grammatically. Root meaning of the word does not indicate it as a location adverb. This word is used in medical/technical field as such.

The Sardar

Quote from: Soittosondhani on July 04, 2019, 03:23:09 AM
SHATRA (شطر) is a verb to mean 'bisect'. Also can be used as a noun 'bisecting' by forming the word grammatically. Root meaning of the word does not indicate it as a location adverb. This word is used in medical/technical field as such.
Like make something half?

Soittosondhani

That organism could be the greatest breakthrough in weapons research since man split the atom
Translation: هـذا الكـائن من المحـتمل أنـه أعـظم إنـجاز في مجـال أبحاث الأسـلحة منـذا أن شطر الإنـسان الذرة!

Quote from: The Sardar on July 04, 2019, 09:47:24 AM
Like make something half?