News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Is animal stunning agreeable? Is it really reducing suffering?

Started by Mohammed., May 23, 2019, 06:19:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mohammed.

peace dear believing brothers and sisters,

Here is an article from Misconceptions about islam website,
http://misconceptions-about-islam.com/halal-meat.html

When God let us to do slaughter for food, i.e. when we are doing it with His permission(The Merciful/the Creator of the animal), why to worry about suffering, if we do it as prophets did?
I have witnessed both, natural death and slaughter of birds, in both cases they had almost same kind of expressions/movements/signs.
We can't believe the scientists always(if they say stunning reduces suffering) because sometime they will find it wrong in the future.

See preparing animal for slaughter without harm
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quhVxLUwiBw
[For anyone who sees this video : in this video the person says Allahuakbar, meaning Allah is greater -may be he wouldn't have thought about it. Because how can Allah be greater than Himself? Allah calls Himself as Al-Kabeer (the Great). Akbar = greater]
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

huruf

It seems that exanguination is the most pleasant of deaths. Ancient romans used to commit suicide in a bathtub and cutting their veins at the wrists because it was a pleasant death.

So, why should it be different with animals? What is painful and stressful for animals is to be led to slaughter houses where they smell and feel even from a distance the blood and pain amd stress of themselves being herded en closed and small spaces to be taken away from their homes.

I have seen as a child the anial bein slaughtered by peasants at home, like chicken and of course the chicken did not want to get caught by the neck, but that was all and hey were not taken from their their home nor were herded like animals. I think we all would like, if possible to die at home and not have our last days being put in stressful conditions. The same should be expected for animals. 

Salaam

Mohammed.

Quote...because it was a pleasant death.

How did you know that? Did the dead speak? Do you agree suicide?

QuoteWhat is painful and stressful for animals is to be led to slaughter houses...

But why the concept of SLAUGHTER HOUSE? Why this much greed for food(of consumer) and money(of business people)?
When processes come to large scale, it would be difficult to maintain MORALS & PROFIT. So more technology... More money... More and more greed...endless. Who knows that the animals are not suffering while stunning? Why Qur'an does not mentions prior stunning? If it's reducing suffering why God(The Merciful) didn't let the former generations/prophets know that?(there was no electricity is not a reason, it doesn't matter for God, He would have shown/taught them an alternative, for their time). If the processes are in natural way, I believe there would be much reduction in meat consumption.

And regarding modern man/technology,
Quote from: Mohammed. on May 23, 2019, 05:56:24 AM
We already know about many medicines which are banned after understanding its adverse effects (i.e. after years of consumption by patients)

See another example,

Qur'an's method to determine pregnancy is waiting for a few Full-moons/months (e.g. for finalising divorce).

And modern-world/doctors suggest ultrasound.

but now people understanding the problems..
"Although ultrasound imaging is generally considered safe when used prudently by appropriately trained health care providers, ultrasound energy has the potential to produce biological effects on the body. Ultrasound waves can heat the tissues slightly. In some cases, it can also produce small pockets of gas in body fluids or tissues (cavitation)."
https://www.fda.gov/radiation-emitting-products/medical-imaging/ultrasound-imaging

"When modern sophisticated equipment is used at maximum operating settings for Doppler examinations, the acoustic outputs are sufficient to produce obvious biological effects, e.g. significant temperature increase in tissue or visible motion of particles due to radiation pressure streaming effects. The risk of inducing thermal effects is greater in the second and third trimesters, when fetal bone is intercepted by the ultrasound beam and significant temperature increase can occur in the fetal brain."
https://chriskresser.com/natural-childbirth-iib-ultrasound-not-as-safe-as-commonly-thought/
Salaam
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Mohammed.

Thus, from the video we can observe that even Large animals can be prepared for slaughter without stunning ( if God willing )