Author Topic: Does unnecessary thoughts pop up when you do salah ?  (Read 614 times)

Islamicroughbook39

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Does unnecessary thoughts pop up when you do salah ?
« on: May 22, 2019, 08:23:43 AM »
My head sometimes wanders here and there  . I don't know how to keep it properly focused .

Do you have issues like these ?

Thanks  :)

Islamicroughbook39

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Does unnecessary thoughts pop up when you do salah ?
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2019, 11:41:42 AM »
Anyway , After listening to the translation of  Surah hud i feel better .

:)

Thanks

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2019, 03:54:28 PM »
Peace Islamicroughbook39.
Welcome.
Your signature has got your answer. i.e  GOD is enough for you.
When GOD is in the head 24/7 all  the wondering and distractions are  focused on GOD A lone during the salat. Eventually this attitude will start working on the mind and the wondering and distraction of all other things will stop.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Islamicroughbook39

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2019, 07:34:29 PM »
@good logic

Thanks for the reply .

I have been attending the ishah prayer in the mosque for the last 5 days .
And i have been even feeling good about it .

Some times some activities in the Facebook or my online activities  randomly pop ups in the head during prayers like a big distraction .

All i know is that it keeps getting less and less as i continue with the prayers in the mosque .

Thanks  :)

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »
peace,

You may find this helpful

> First and the most important thing is to have Conscientiousness/God consciousness in each and every thing throughout life.
> In which language you used to do the swalat? Try to do the whole swalat in your mother tongue or in any language which you know well (if you are not doing so).
> Avoid illogical and unnecessary sounds (e.g. Allahuakbar) and movements which are practiced in traditional swalat and which has no Qur’anic warrant.

Regular/timed swalat consists of,
standing and sujud (x2) as per prophet’s swalat in 4:102 [shortening was not for the prophet (see 4:100-102), therefore what the prophet did there is the normal swalat].
-physical prostration is preferable in sujud -17:107&109.
Also, we know that physical prostration is a universal concept of paying-respect/acknowledgement/submission (through physical means) among mankind.
And ruku’ is not an action rather it’s the state of being humble (e.g. 2:43, 3:43, 22:26 etc. -in 22:26, r-k-'a expressed as rukka' as an attachment to sujud, not as a separate act.)
Also note that 4:102 does not mentions ruku’

Overall, remember that swalat is -to remember/magnify the remembrance of our Creator! i.e. the Cognition of complete submission.
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Scrappy-doo

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 02:31:54 AM »
I wander about when committing to the reading, at fixed times during the day. But I talk out loud and include God in my ramblings. An ayatin might remind me of someone or something, and I talk to God about it, as he is listening. Intrusive thoughts are different, like reading a chapter and then questioning God's authority. I have had those from time to time, I just acknowledge that it is my intimate companion and keep it moving. We are not without flaws, so pretty normal I would say!  :jedi: :sun:
Non illigitimus carborundum

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 05:23:15 AM »
Correction
> Avoid illogical and unnecessary sounds (e.g. Allahuakbar) and movements which are practiced in traditional swalat and which has no Qur’anic warrant.
> Avoid unnecessary and illogical sounds (e.g. Allahuakbar) or movements which are practiced in traditional swalat. (or anything which has no Qur'anic evidence)
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]