Author Topic: Hola Scriptura!  (Read 159 times)

Zach

• Beginner/Inquirer
Hola Scriptura!
« on: May 20, 2019, 05:12:52 PM »
Hola Scriptura
Ad-free App for Android & iOS that uses Google Maps in which you can pin your location (town/city) and add some basic info to your pin (first name / last name or initial / age / sex / marital status / spoken languages). Clicking on a pin reveals this information and a message window that lets you send a text message to this person.

The best app to find out if there are likeminded people living in your area or nearby cities and to get in touch with them!

For believers who use the alone as an authoritative book of religious law and guidance.
Arabic | www.quran4peace.org | ‎الإسلام من القرآن
English | www.quran4peace.org/en_index.html
Facebook | www.facebook.com/Quran4Peace | 4,000,000 Likes

Zach

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Hola Scriptura!
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 05:23:34 PM »
Peace all,

Is this feasible?
Any programmers that know how to build such an app?
How much will this cost?

aqua

• Apprentice
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 06:20:15 PM »
You can hire a developer from a freelance website such as freelancer.com. It's possible to set your own budget and requirements when posting a project.

Zach

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 03:35:00 AM »

Zach

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 02:36:00 PM »
Peace all,

I’ve seen post after post, thread after thread from members trying to connect, meet, organize, etc. I read stories from members who feel lonely and yearn to meet likeminded people. I know people are joining Facebook groups. I know there are several Quran-centered forums.

But imagine an app where you simply have to zoom in on your region to see all those who live in or around your neighborhood.

We can do this. If such an app existed, it would (god willing) spread like wildfire. We’d post it in all the Facebook groups, on all the forums and send it to all likeminded people we know. And then it’s just a case of “I got people I know, who got people they know.”

The only downside (or problem rather) I can see would be concerning privacy. But this can be worked out. For starters, we’d use OpenStreetMap instead of Google Maps.

What other pros or cons do you see? Maybe also just call it “Hola!” or we can choose another name (e.g. Free-Minds).

Come on! Keep this thread alive until we bring this about.

rh

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2019, 02:41:53 PM »
Peace be upon you.

I think it is a good idea to connect with each other more. As you mentioned, privacy is a concern, but it does not have to be an obstacle, God willing. Were you thinking that the locations are very specific right away, or that people who are somewhat close can chat for a bit, and then mutually agree to show their precise location if they so wish?