Author Topic: Ramadan : Does Verse 2:184 is abrogated by 2:185 ?  (Read 2330 times)

spodacus

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Ramadan : Does Verse 2:184 is abrogated by 2:185 ?
« Reply #80 on: September 11, 2019, 08:36:57 AM »
Salam Iyakka,

can you conduct your plural root analysis on the verses in Surah 18 with respect to the sleepers in the cave? Can you extract that indeed the count of the sleepers is 7 with 8 including the dog?

Thanks!

Ok sorry - i misunderstood.
Peace

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #81 on: September 11, 2019, 11:47:43 AM »
Salam spodacus,

Sorry but i don't know how can i help you on this subject with the question of weak/strong plurial !

i imagine this question (number of people in the cave) has been already treated in this forum (i didn't make research).

I have 2 arabic linguistics to find the good number and also rhetorical proofs (but too big for this forum).

Peace
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke - 11:26)

Iyyaka

• Apprentice
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2019, 12:12:21 AM »
Sorry,

ERRATUM - "I have 2 arabic linguistics to find the good number" => "I have 2 arabic linguistics proofs to find the good number". The word "proof" was missing in my previous intervention.
But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it. (Luke - 11:26)

spodacus

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #83 on: September 13, 2019, 07:33:22 AM »
Salam, if you ever had the time to post your research, I would be very much interested in reading it. Thanks!  :peace:

Sorry,

ERRATUM - "I have 2 arabic linguistics to find the good number" => "I have 2 arabic linguistics proofs to find the good number". The word "proof" was missing in my previous intervention.

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
« Reply #84 on: September 15, 2019, 01:16:03 PM »
Salam!
As-salat, Ramadan/fasting and Hajj/zikr have a fast relation. There are total 10 days. One has to fast for these 10 days, however, if he wishes to perform hajj then it is of 3 days maximum. 2:196 tells that a person who does not find ھدی he/she can fast 3 days during Hajj. And after that 7 days' fast. This is for those whose family is not in the vicinity. If he/she is in hurry then perform hajj for 2 days {2:203} and 7 days of fasting. If he/she is travelling then fast during other days but complete the count of 10.
Month or moons الاھلتہ/شھر of Ramadan and Hajj are the same. میقات للناس و الحج، while As-salat is also موقوتا.
I have shared my understanding. Apologies for any mistakes. Would request you all think on these lines and hope you will see the connection.
Peace!