Author Topic: Mushrik  (Read 2692 times)

mmkhan

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Mushrik
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2014, 07:26:36 AM »
Peace,

Please take a look at this, this is how shirk is to me. And I agree with good logic on this topic so far.

May Allah increase our knowledge and guide us on His path :pr
mmKhan
6:162    قل إن صلاتي ونسكي ومحياي ومماتي لله رب العلمين
6:162    Say: My contact prayer, and my rites, and my life, and my death, are all to Allah, Lord of the worlds.

3:51

bkanwar2

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2014, 07:45:26 AM »
Let me add something more, so statement 3 is shirk and it's doer is a Mushrik.

The basic concepts are

Statement 1:  Allah = is one and only = A

Statement 2:  All other gods = B, C, D, E, F ........

Statement 3:  If one considers B, C, D, E, F ....... = A (Allah) = Shirk

Now let me add, Statement 4:  If one considers A = B,C,D,E,F .......,

is statement 4, any different than statement 3? No it is not. 

But wait a minute isn't this exactly what Muslims have done with Allah?   Who is one and only even according to their own admission.   Haven't they put him in line as one of another god with numerous other gods in history?.   So what they have done with Allah, is this not Shirk?  Who then are Mushriks? 

Please think.  Also remember god is title given to an entity that deserved to be worshiped.

Regards,
Be aware, knowledge is not static.  My knowledge of Classic Arabic is evolving too.  Hence my understanding of the message continues to evolve.  I think, learn, unlearn, relearn and then believe; not believe and claim to know it all.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »
Peace,

Mushrik is when you have faith in anything other than the realm that you live in which is God. You make yourself entities that have illusive power only; they cannot affect anything except in symbiosis with the Creator.

And an object of shirk does not necessarily have to be a perceived god entity but can be a prophet or anything else that is created themselves. This is shirk; that you believe in multiple layers of Oneness while there is only ONE ONE, because if you give power to, for example, a prophet then you have made yourself another entity like the Singularity that is God which we live within the "palm of its hand", but there is only one platform in which we live and not multiple and God is the foundation and not the other way around with a prophet which is from God. The prophet is part of that "singularity" and if he speaks he does it through God because he knows this. If it was not for God he would not breathe nor even exist. That is equal for any other human that roam the Earth.

When you create another "god" (A-L-EH) then you suddenly have two conflicting sources which splits your mind and you cannot serve two masters simultaneously, because your "uplink" to God is constantly active. God sustains your soul and body and it would be quite chaotic if abruptly another god shared that attention.

If it was possible with multiple gods then your reality may have looked quite blurred I think.

And remember AL-LAH is a title for a position of power, much like a function in the universe rather than a name.

Be whole
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

Linadean

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2014, 09:16:21 PM »
To me to believe in anything else (like hadith) except the Quran is another form of shrik.
Although 1% of it could be true but i rather follow the word of god  rather than Man.

Man of Faith

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2014, 10:39:20 PM »
Harmony upon you Linadean,

It is also shirk in ways because you have taken a "god" (source of sustainment) which has conflicting teachings with God. 'IS' is an example of a group that does shirk because they have an illusionary god's teachings. They have diverted from the faith/promise (aldeen), so what they follow is shirk invented by some fools in the past. These people associated some unrighteous teachings with God and caused entire generations to err.

What puzzles me is how people do not see through the unrighteousness and become beguiled by the stupidity. God looks more like Hitler than a god (e-lah).

Be whole
Website reference: http://iamthatiam.boards.net

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #15 on: September 08, 2019, 08:42:41 AM »
Salam all,

Lately I have been pondering about the word "mushrik" which we usually translate it as polytheists. What about taking the word as common name which essentially means those who are making "equals" and then the context will determine what kind of "equals" is being discussed?

For example, 24:3 mentions that zani and zaniyah are not married except with each other or with "mushrik". Translating "mushrik" as polytheists in 24:3 does not feel smooth. Trinitarian christians are polytheists but it can be that they are actually good people (loyal to their spouses, honest, kind to their parents, abide by laws, give charity, etc). And such good people will not marry zani or zaniyah. From the context of 24:3, "mushrik" is related to sex so instead of polytheists they are those who cheat, i.e. they have spouse but they are making zani and zaniyah as "equals".

What do you guys think?

Wassalam,
Ade

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-3
« Reply #16 on: September 08, 2019, 09:42:37 AM »
Salam.

It would seem repetitive to take such meaning (zani or zani). Also, why are you looking at this as a cosmic law - why can’t it be a civil law (adulterers  are encouraged to marry others like them or polytheists - and are forbidden for the believers).

I say this because Noah was married to an adulteress and Lot was married to a polytheist (they didn’t know).
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

ade_cool

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #17 on: September 09, 2019, 07:40:08 AM »
Salam Layth,

Salam.

It would seem repetitive to take such meaning (zani or zani).
I am not sure if I understand what you are trying to say. Please kindly elaborate.

Also, why are you looking at this as a cosmic law - why can’t it be a civil law (adulterers  are encouraged to marry others like them or polytheists - and are forbidden for the believers).

I say this because Noah was married to an adulteress and Lot was married to a polytheist (they didn’t know).
I don't think I am looking at this as a cosmic law in that good people will always end up marrying good people and so do bad people. This is because from Quran, I can see examples good people can end up marrying bad people like you already mentioned Noah and Lot, and also Firaun's wife if I may add. Sorry if my previous post gave that impression.

Agree on it being civil law, i.e. zani and zaniyah are to be married to each other or to "mushrik" and not to be married to believers. What I am trying to discuss and get some inputs is understanding "mushrik" in this case. Understanding it as polytheists, while still acceptable, it doesn't feel smooth in my view.

Wassalam,
Ade