Author Topic: Quran and 2:184 - what is the correct translation?  (Read 156 times)

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Quran and 2:184 - what is the correct translation?
« on: May 10, 2019, 05:09:39 AM »
peace all,

New article:

Quran and 2:184 - what is the correct translation?
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/Quran-sawm-fasting.html

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Zach

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Quran and 2:184 - what is the correct translation?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2019, 05:31:41 AM »
Excellent analysis!
‎الإسلام من القرآن | www.quran4peace.org | Arabic
Quran For Peace | www.quran4peace.org/en_index.html | English
Facebook | www.facebook.com/Quran4Peace | 4,000,000 followers

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2019, 08:56:20 AM »
It is not often one agrees fully with some interpretations.
With this one Wakas, it mirrors my exact understanding of the verse.

Another important point I take from this verse is that GOD knows us inside out , and has left us with no doubt whatsoever that fasting is very beneficial to us.
Our weakness is always to look for ways around things especially if we see any leeway. Our excuses are many when we do not like or want to do certain things.
What I found from fasting is the long term battle we win with our body and its desires plus the healing of the organs with resting from food ,drinks...etc is the ultimate reward.
The benefit of fasting is real.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say:” I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.”

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2019, 09:11:20 AM »
indeed very intelligently written and i have same view about 2:184.

brother WAKAS can you also detailed your analysis on 2:187 thats the core /important thing to discuss..

i just struggled in part وكلوا واشربوا if its metaphorical term for enjoying something including food/sex or its literally meanings consumption of FOOD/DRINK.. or consumption/doing of SEX

with crosscheck QURAN may consider it as metaphorical  example eating (INTEREST 2:275) eating (MONEY 2:188)...eating (properties of orphan 4:2).

in metaphorical terms of enjoying the provisions of HEREAFTER life too (69:24,77:43)...

same like salat you can also gather data about (SOUM) and if possible can we understand what was the (soum) of people before us any historical record ?

God bless us all.
SO which of the MIRACLES/MARVELS of your Lord you will deny
55:55.

Amra94

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2019, 11:36:54 AM »
If you're looking to ransom your fast or to just donate to the poor you can sponsor an orphan here https://sponsor.zakat.org

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 03:54:05 AM »
Salam¡

Agreed to brother Waqas' point of view. Would like to put my thoughts additionally. The phrase کتب علیکم is also used for qisas قصاص and qital قتال which seem volunteer acts and do not fall under فرض/obligation category.
I have a concern regarding the word فعدۃ. Does it mean a waiting till other days of Ramadan/next Ramadan? Or a counting of any other days after Ramadan? Thank you for your reply in advance
Peace!

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 04:00:44 AM »
Salam!

Another point needs some clarification and that is عاکفون فی المساجد. Where can i find its details while the meanings of the word masjid are not finalized?

Peace!