About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Has anyone on here ever met another quran only believer in real life

Started by Sarah, February 15, 2019, 06:27:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sarah

Peace

If yes, how...
If no, why didn't it happen? Did you ever reach out? Do you find it hard to trust someone online?
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

TellMeTheTruth

Wakas

Yes. I have met people from several countries, including the UK. There have also been small meetups and conferences (London and South Africa). There is almost certainly many more local meetups we don't know about.

It usually begins by getting to know them online, via here or FB etc then eventually a in person meetup.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Amra94

I met my husband on Muslima.com, we both reject hadiths but we do read previous scriptures.

quincy

Peace!

Nope.

The Qur'an alone movement reminds me of Evangelists who are just skipping the old testament. I also read the previous scriptures, i even accept some Hadith of the Lore as authentic. But its like only 1%.

You dont even need a scripture or religion to get closer to GOD.

Sarah

Quote from: Abaddon on February 16, 2019, 03:24:02 PM
Peace!

Nope.

The Qur'an alone movement reminds me of Evangelists who are just skipping the old testament. I also read the previous scriptures, i even accept some Hadith of the Lore as authentic. But its like only 1%.

You dont even need a scripture or religion to get closer to GOD.

Peace

I don't know about previous scriptures but the Qur'an is fully detailed so believing in hadith on top of the already fully detailed scripture (where you do not need extra religious laws since all the laws are already in the Qur'an) would indicate that a person doesn't believe God when He says it is fully detailed. Even if a hadith doesn't contradict the Qur'an, God never authorised hadith as a religious teaching we should follow/ believe in.

If we already know the Qur'an, I doubt we are going to be saved from Hell if we do not make it a part of our lives...how are you going to be 'close' to God if you don't even read his message? It's a bit like ignoring the text messages from someone you claim to be a best friend.
'These are the verses of Allah which We recite to you in truth. Then in what statement (hadith) after Allah and His verses will they believe? (45:6)'

Sarah

Quote from: TellMeTheTruth on February 15, 2019, 10:50:24 PM
Salam Sarah!

What do you mean by 'Quran Only Believer'?

Peace!

Wassalam TellMeTheTruth...
A Muslim who believes in the Qur'an alone as the scripture we should be following and who rejects hadith.

Peacee

quincy

First step is to search GOD within. Not through scriptures. Thats why you have all the different intepretations. But still, yes Qur'an is very important and even when ALLAH says that Qur'an is detailed, he doesnt forbid to read other scriptures. Im only telling that you wont go to Hell for only not knowing what there is in the Qur'an. There are also good people in other faiths who base their faith on other scriptures. The Lore of Muhammad is not only about the law and i base the law entirely on the Qur'an.

Peace, Sister.

Sarah

Quote from: Wakas on February 16, 2019, 04:54:16 AM
Yes. I have met people from several countries, including the UK. There have also been small meetups and conferences (London and South Africa). There is almost certainly many more local meetups we don't know about.

It usually begins by getting to know them online, via here or FB etc then eventually a in person meetup.

You're lucky to have had such experiences Wakas. How do you trust people you meet online though? I mean, they could be ANYONE...

Sarah

Quote from: Abaddon on February 16, 2019, 04:57:27 PM
First step is to search GOD within. Not through scriptures. Thats why you have all the different intepretations. But still, yes Qur'an is very important and even when ALLAH says that Qur'an is detailed, he doesnt forbid to read other scriptures. Im only telling that you wont go to Hell for only not knowing what there is in the Qur'an. There are also good people in other faiths who base their faith on other scriptures.

Peace, Sister.

You misunderstood me. We can read other scriptures but since they've been altered by man, we cannot follow them (from my understanding). We can only follow the Qur'an since t's the only scripture that has not been altered. If you were to follow everything or some things in the Bible for instance, you wouldn't know if verse x or y is an altered or unaltered part of the Bible. Then you'd be questioned by God about this. However, reading the Bible as general knowledge is fine.

I agree, there are also good people from other faiths. But a lot of them have not understood that the Qur'an is the last and final revelation and that their books have been tampered with...if I decided for example that i'm going to be a good Christian from tomorrow onwards and forget the Qur'an or not follow it and follow the Bible instead, that would make me a rejector of God's final revelation. It's different from someone who's never really understood the message of the Qur'an and never read it before in their life.

'Or have they not looked at the realm of the heavens and the earth and all things which God has created, and that perhaps their time may be drawing near? Which hadith after this (Quran) do they believe in?' 7:185