Author Topic: We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are!  (Read 887 times)

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are!
« on: February 11, 2019, 10:26:47 AM »
Salam!

Dear brothers and sister! I started studying Al-Quran more than two years back from now as a truth-seeker. I set the following Ayats as a Guidance and tried to be neutral/impartial during the study:

No. 1: Allah has gifted us with Eyes/Sight, Ears/Hearing and Hearts/Intellect so that we can gain knowledge and understand our matters and the signs of Allah سبحانہ و تعالیٰ

١٧_٣٦   وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِۦ عِلْمٌ ۚ إِنَّ ٱلسَّمْعَ وَٱلْبَصَرَ وَٱلْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْـُٔولًۭا
017:036 Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed hearing, eyesight, and the heart?all of these are accountable.

١٦_٧٨   وَٱللَّهُ أَخْرَجَكُم مِّنۢ بُطُونِ أُمَّهَٰتِكُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ شَيْـًۭٔا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ ٱلسَّمْعَ وَٱلْأَبْصَٰرَ وَٱلْأَفْـِٔدَةَ ۙ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
016:078 Allah has brought you forth from the bellies of your mothers while you did not know anything. He made for you hearing, eyesight, and hearts so that you may give thanks.

٤٦_٢٦   وَلَقَدْ مَكَّنَّٰهُمْ فِيمَآ إِن مَّكَّنَّٰكُمْ فِيهِ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ سَمْعًۭا وَأَبْصَٰرًۭا وَأَفْـِٔدَةًۭ فَمَآ أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُمْ سَمْعُهُمْ وَلَآ أَبْصَٰرُهُمْ وَلَآ أَفْـِٔدَتُهُم مِّن شَىْءٍ إِذْ كَانُوا۟ يَجْحَدُونَ بِـَٔايَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ وَحَاقَ بِهِم مَّا كَانُوا۟ بِهِۦ يَسْتَهْزِءُونَ
046:026 Certainly We had granted them power in respects that We have not granted you, and We had vested them with hearing and sight and hearts. But neither their hearing availed them in any way nor did their sight, nor their hearts when they used to impugn the signs of Allah. So they were besieged by what they used to deride.

No. 2: The message of Al-Quran should have consistency and so in the understanding of its message. This even judges between people who have different understandings:

٤_٨٢   أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ ۚ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ ٱللَّهِ لَوَجَدُوا۟ فِيهِ ٱخْتِلَٰفًۭا كَثِيرًۭا
004:082 Do they not contemplate the Quran? Had it been from [someone] other than Allah, they would have surely found much incongruity in it.

٢_١١٣   وَقَالَتِ ٱلْيَهُودُ لَيْسَتِ ٱلنَّصَٰرَىٰ عَلَىٰ شَىْءٍۢ وَقَالَتِ ٱلنَّصَٰرَىٰ لَيْسَتِ ٱلْيَهُودُ عَلَىٰ شَىْءٍۢ وَهُمْ يَتْلُونَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ مِثْلَ قَوْلِهِمْ ۚ فَٱللَّهُ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ فِيمَا كَانُوا۟ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ
002:113 The Jews say, 'The Christians stand not on anything'; the Christians say, 'The Jews stand not on anything'; yet they recite the Book. So too the ignorant say the like of them. God shall decide between them on the Day of Resurrection touching their differences.
١٦_٦٤   وَمَآ أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ إِلَّا لِتُبَيِّنَ لَهُمُ ٱلَّذِى ٱخْتَلَفُوا۟ فِيهِ ۙ وَهُدًۭى وَرَحْمَةًۭ لِّقَوْمٍۢ يُؤْمِنُونَ
016:064 And We have not sent down upon thee the Book except that thou mayest make clear to them that whereon they were at variance, and as a guidance and as a mercy to a people who believe.
٤٢_١٠   وَمَا ٱخْتَلَفْتُمْ فِيهِ مِن شَىْءٍۢ فَحُكْمُهُۥٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمُ ٱللَّهُ رَبِّى عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَإِلَيْهِ أُنِيبُ
042:010 Whatever thing you may differ about, its judgement is with Allah. That is Allah, my Lord. In Him, I have put my trust, and to Him do I turn penitently.

No. 3: No one can change the words of Allah:
٦_٣٤   وَلَقَدْ كُذِّبَتْ رُسُلٌۭ مِّن قَبْلِكَ فَصَبَرُوا۟ عَلَىٰ مَا كُذِّبُوا۟ وَأُوذُوا۟ حَتَّىٰٓ أَتَىٰهُمْ نَصْرُنَا ۚ وَلَا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ ۚ وَلَقَدْ جَآءَكَ مِن نَّبَإِى۟ ٱلْمُرْسَلِينَ
006:034 Messengers were certainly denied before you, yet they patiently bore being denied and tormented until Our help came to them. Nothing can change the words of Allah, and there have certainly come to you some of the accounts of the Messengers.
٦_١١٥   وَتَمَّتْ كَلِمَتُ رَبِّكَ صِدْقًۭا وَعَدْلًۭا ۚ لَّا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَٰتِهِۦ ۚ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْعَلِيمُ
006:115 The word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and justice. Nothing can change His words, and He is the All-hearing, the All-knowing.

So when I started studying, the very first Ayah/Ayat in almost all the copies of Al-Quran was بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم and the very first word was بسم and almost all translators, tafseers/exegeses writers and dictionaries translated it as ?In the name of? or ?with the name? as its meaning. They say that it is actually the word باسم and the Alif has been dropped due to some certain reasons. I was not satisfied because I could see the difference between the two words. I tried to verify it from Al-Quran itself. Please check the below references yourself and tell me if you also see the difference or not:
1.   113 times in the beginning of every Surah except Surah No. 9
2.   1 time in Surah No. 27
٢٧_٣٠   إِنَّهُۥ مِن سُلَيْمَٰنَ وَإِنَّهُۥ بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
3.   1 time where only the words/phrase بسم اللہ appeared:
١١_٤١   ۞ وَقَالَ ٱرْكَبُوا۟ فِيهَا بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ مَجْر۪ىٰهَا وَمُرْسَىٰهَآ ۚ إِنَّ رَبِّى لَغَفُورٌۭ رَّحِيمٌۭ

Notice that there is no ?Alif? even if the word بسم is used within the lines and not in the beginning of a Surah.
On the other hand the word باسم is also used many times in Al-Quran.. See references below:
٢_٣١   وَعَلَّمَ ءَادَمَ ٱلْأَسْمَآءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى ٱلْمَلَٰٓئِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنۢبِـُٔونِى بِأَسْمَآءِ هَٰٓؤُلَآءِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَٰدِقِينَ
٢_٣٣   قَالَ يَٰٓـَٔادَمُ أَنۢبِئْهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِمْ ۖ فَلَمَّآ أَنۢبَأَهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِمْ قَالَ أَلَمْ أَقُل لَّكُمْ إِنِّىٓ أَعْلَمُ غَيْبَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَعْلَمُ مَا تُبْدُونَ وَمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْتُمُونَ
٥٦_٧٤   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٥٦_٩٦   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٦٩_٥٢   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٩٦_١   بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ٱقْرَأْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ

So, brothers and sisters! I see the difference between بسم and باسم. ?Alif? is not dropped. Why?
Isn?t letter ب is used as a حرفِ جر as most of the grammar experts explain the word بسم.
I believe that the two words cannot have the same meaning. I will only believe in it when I will follow others than Allah or the Quran.

Here is another occurrence of the word بسم:
٢٧_١٩   فَتَبَسَّمَ ضَاحِكًۭا مِّن قَوْلِهَا وَقَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِىٓ أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَىَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَٰلِدَىَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَٰلِحًۭا تَرْضَىٰهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِى بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِى عِبَادِكَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ

All translators have used the words ?smiled? or ?laughed? or ?amused? for translation of this verse because it is based on the Arabic root word ب س م which means ?He smiled? So the word بسم means smile (or pleasure/amusement).
Please use your sight and verify for yourself.

In case you feel difficulty in Arabic, here are the Transliterations for both Ayats which I quoted earlier:

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/1/1/default.htm
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Transliteration       Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi   
Transliteration-2       bis'mi l-lahi l-raḥmāni l-raḥīmi

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/96/1/default.htm
ٱقْرَأْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ
Transliteration       Iqra/ bi-ismi rabbika allathee khalaqa   
Transliteration-2       iq'ra bi-is'mi rabbika alladhī khalaqa

This is how I learnt the first word and the first Ayat?s meaning. I believe that no one can change the ?words? of Allah.
PLEASURE/SMILE OF ALLAH, THE MOST COMPASSIONATE, THE EVER-MERCIFUL!

Now let?s use this meaning in the following Ayats and see the difference:
١١_٤١   ۞ وَقَالَ ٱرْكَبُوا۟ فِيهَا بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ مَجْر۪ىٰهَا وَمُرْسَىٰهَآ ۚ إِنَّ رَبِّى لَغَفُورٌۭ رَّحِيمٌۭ
My translation: And he said board/embark in it, pleasure/smile of Allah starts/runs it and stops/anchors it. Indeed my Lord/Nourisher is surely Oft-Forgiving, Ever-Merciful.

قَالَتْ يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْمَلَؤُا۟ إِنِّىٓ أُلْقِىَ إِلَىَّ كِتَٰبٌۭ كَرِيمٌ
إِنَّهُۥ مِن سُلَيْمَٰنَ وَإِنَّهُۥ بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
أَلَّا تَعْلُوا۟ عَلَىَّ وَأْتُونِى مُسْلِمِينَ
My translation; [27:28-30]: She said, ?O chiefs! Indeed a venerable writing is delivered to me. Indeed it is from Suleiman? (Saying) ?And indeed it is pleasure of Allah, the Most-Compassionate, and the Most Merciful that not you wish eminence above Me and come to Me in submission/Muslimeen?.

Suleiman did not ask the queen to submit herself to Suleiman but he delivered her the message of Allah in which Allah's Ayat was quoted.

Muslimeen are those who submit to Allah!

May Allah bless and guide us all!

kaltun

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are!
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2019, 10:58:53 AM »
Slm bro,

thank you very much...  i learned again newthing on the Quran , my whole life i read it as: in the name of / with the name of ....

but what does this mean ?

btw i checked online translations ....
and she smiles :
https://translate.yandex.com/?lang=ar-en&text=%D9%81%D9%8E%D8%AA%D9%8E%D8%A8%D9%8E%D8%B3%D9%91%D9%8E%D9%85%D9%8E

in peace / in the name / peacefully
http://www.reverso.net/translationresults.aspx?lang=en

and google translated as : so he smiled ( funny thing , google translate like an sholar :) )

May Allah guide us to the straight path

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2019, 11:40:57 AM »
Salam!

It means that there was some kind of conspiracy/controversy/propaganda since the early rising of Islam out of Arabia. Meanings and grammar of words were imposed so forcefully or consistently that even the very learned scholars were forced to translate بسم as 'in the name of' which is not the case. Here on free-minds, almost everyone is looking for the truth because they have doubts in traditional islam which is based on set translations/interpretations. With open eyes and ears a common man, knowing a little Arabic, can find the true meaning of the Quran.

Have you read any other religious books/old scriptures? Do you know something about a book called Asatir (Secret of Moses)? Its every chapter starts with 'in the name of the God we begin', or 'in the name of the God, the most merciful'. Also read about Samaritans. Check and you will know who the muslims are copying by translating the word بسم

Peace!

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2019, 06:42:10 PM »
Salam!

Dear brothers and sister! I started studying Al-Quran more than two years back from now as a truth-seeker. I set the following Ayats as a Guidance and tried to be neutral/impartial during the study:

No. 1: Allah has gifted us with Eyes/Sight, Ears/Hearing and Hearts/Intellect so that we can gain knowledge and understand our matters and the signs of Allah سبحانہ و تعالیٰ

١٧_٣٦   وَلَا تَقْفُ مَا لَيْسَ لَكَ بِهِۦ عِلْمٌ ۚ إِنَّ ٱلسَّمْعَ وَٱلْبَصَرَ وَٱلْفُؤَادَ كُلُّ أُو۟لَٰٓئِكَ كَانَ عَنْهُ مَسْـُٔولًۭا
017:036 Do not pursue that of which you have no knowledge. Indeed hearing, eyesight, and the heart?all of these are accountable.

١٦_٧٨   وَٱللَّهُ أَخْرَجَكُم مِّنۢ بُطُونِ أُمَّهَٰتِكُمْ لَا تَعْلَمُونَ شَيْـًۭٔا وَجَعَلَ لَكُمُ ٱلسَّمْعَ وَٱلْأَبْصَٰرَ وَٱلْأَفْـِٔدَةَ ۙ لَعَلَّكُمْ تَشْكُرُونَ
016:078 Allah has brought you forth from the bellies of your mothers while you did not know anything. He made for you hearing, eyesight, and hearts so that you may give thanks.

٤٦_٢٦   وَلَقَدْ مَكَّنَّٰهُمْ فِيمَآ إِن مَّكَّنَّٰكُمْ فِيهِ وَجَعَلْنَا لَهُمْ سَمْعًۭا وَأَبْصَٰرًۭا وَأَفْـِٔدَةًۭ فَمَآ أَغْنَىٰ عَنْهُمْ سَمْعُهُمْ وَلَآ أَبْصَٰرُهُمْ وَلَآ أَفْـِٔدَتُهُم مِّن شَىْءٍ إِذْ كَانُوا۟ يَجْحَدُونَ بِـَٔايَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ وَحَاقَ بِهِم مَّا كَانُوا۟ بِهِۦ يَسْتَهْزِءُونَ
046:026 Certainly We had granted them power in respects that We have not granted you, and We had vested them with hearing and sight and hearts. But neither their hearing availed them in any way nor did their sight, nor their hearts when they used to impugn the signs of Allah. So they were besieged by what they used to deride.

No. 2: The message of Al-Quran should have consistency and so in the understanding of its message. This even judges between people who have different understandings:

٤_٨٢   أَفَلَا يَتَدَبَّرُونَ ٱلْقُرْءَانَ ۚ وَلَوْ كَانَ مِنْ عِندِ غَيْرِ ٱللَّهِ لَوَجَدُوا۟ فِيهِ ٱخْتِلَٰفًۭا كَثِيرًۭا
004:082 Do they not contemplate the Quran? Had it been from [someone] other than Allah, they would have surely found much incongruity in it.

٢_١١٣   وَقَالَتِ ٱلْيَهُودُ لَيْسَتِ ٱلنَّصَٰرَىٰ عَلَىٰ شَىْءٍۢ وَقَالَتِ ٱلنَّصَٰرَىٰ لَيْسَتِ ٱلْيَهُودُ عَلَىٰ شَىْءٍۢ وَهُمْ يَتْلُونَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ ۗ كَذَٰلِكَ قَالَ ٱلَّذِينَ لَا يَعْلَمُونَ مِثْلَ قَوْلِهِمْ ۚ فَٱللَّهُ يَحْكُمُ بَيْنَهُمْ يَوْمَ ٱلْقِيَٰمَةِ فِيمَا كَانُوا۟ فِيهِ يَخْتَلِفُونَ
002:113 The Jews say, 'The Christians stand not on anything'; the Christians say, 'The Jews stand not on anything'; yet they recite the Book. So too the ignorant say the like of them. God shall decide between them on the Day of Resurrection touching their differences.
١٦_٦٤   وَمَآ أَنزَلْنَا عَلَيْكَ ٱلْكِتَٰبَ إِلَّا لِتُبَيِّنَ لَهُمُ ٱلَّذِى ٱخْتَلَفُوا۟ فِيهِ ۙ وَهُدًۭى وَرَحْمَةًۭ لِّقَوْمٍۢ يُؤْمِنُونَ
016:064 And We have not sent down upon thee the Book except that thou mayest make clear to them that whereon they were at variance, and as a guidance and as a mercy to a people who believe.
٤٢_١٠   وَمَا ٱخْتَلَفْتُمْ فِيهِ مِن شَىْءٍۢ فَحُكْمُهُۥٓ إِلَى ٱللَّهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكُمُ ٱللَّهُ رَبِّى عَلَيْهِ تَوَكَّلْتُ وَإِلَيْهِ أُنِيبُ
042:010 Whatever thing you may differ about, its judgement is with Allah. That is Allah, my Lord. In Him, I have put my trust, and to Him do I turn penitently.

No. 3: No one can change the words of Allah:
٦_٣٤   وَلَقَدْ كُذِّبَتْ رُسُلٌۭ مِّن قَبْلِكَ فَصَبَرُوا۟ عَلَىٰ مَا كُذِّبُوا۟ وَأُوذُوا۟ حَتَّىٰٓ أَتَىٰهُمْ نَصْرُنَا ۚ وَلَا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَٰتِ ٱللَّهِ ۚ وَلَقَدْ جَآءَكَ مِن نَّبَإِى۟ ٱلْمُرْسَلِينَ
006:034 Messengers were certainly denied before you, yet they patiently bore being denied and tormented until Our help came to them. Nothing can change the words of Allah, and there have certainly come to you some of the accounts of the Messengers.
٦_١١٥   وَتَمَّتْ كَلِمَتُ رَبِّكَ صِدْقًۭا وَعَدْلًۭا ۚ لَّا مُبَدِّلَ لِكَلِمَٰتِهِۦ ۚ وَهُوَ ٱلسَّمِيعُ ٱلْعَلِيمُ
006:115 The word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and justice. Nothing can change His words, and He is the All-hearing, the All-knowing.

So when I started studying, the very first Ayah/Ayat in almost all the copies of Al-Quran was بسم اللہ الرحمن الرحیم and the very first word was بسم and almost all translators, tafseers/exegeses writers and dictionaries translated it as ?In the name of? or ?with the name? as its meaning. They say that it is actually the word باسم and the Alif has been dropped due to some certain reasons. I was not satisfied because I could see the difference between the two words. I tried to verify it from Al-Quran itself. Please check the below references yourself and tell me if you also see the difference or not:
1.   113 times in the beginning of every Surah except Surah No. 9
2.   1 time in Surah No. 27
٢٧_٣٠   إِنَّهُۥ مِن سُلَيْمَٰنَ وَإِنَّهُۥ بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
3.   1 time where only the words/phrase بسم اللہ appeared:

Notice that there is no ?Alif? even if the word بسم is used within the lines and not in the beginning of a Surah.
On the other hand the word باسم is also used many times in Al-Quran.. See references below:
٢_٣١   وَعَلَّمَ ءَادَمَ ٱلْأَسْمَآءَ كُلَّهَا ثُمَّ عَرَضَهُمْ عَلَى ٱلْمَلَٰٓئِكَةِ فَقَالَ أَنۢبِـُٔونِى بِأَسْمَآءِ هَٰٓؤُلَآءِ إِن كُنتُمْ صَٰدِقِينَ
٢_٣٣   قَالَ يَٰٓـَٔادَمُ أَنۢبِئْهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِمْ ۖ فَلَمَّآ أَنۢبَأَهُم بِأَسْمَآئِهِمْ قَالَ أَلَمْ أَقُل لَّكُمْ إِنِّىٓ أَعْلَمُ غَيْبَ ٱلسَّمَٰوَٰتِ وَٱلْأَرْضِ وَأَعْلَمُ مَا تُبْدُونَ وَمَا كُنتُمْ تَكْتُمُونَ
٥٦_٧٤   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٥٦_٩٦   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٦٩_٥٢   فَسَبِّحْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلْعَظِيمِ
٩٦_١   بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ ٱقْرَأْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ

So, brothers and sisters! I see the difference between بسم and باسم. ?Alif? is not dropped. Why?
Isn?t letter ب is used as a حرفِ جر as most of the grammar experts explain the word بسم.
I believe that the two words cannot have the same meaning. I will only believe in it when I will follow others than Allah or the Quran.

Here is another occurrence of the word بسم:
٢٧_١٩   فَتَبَسَّمَ ضَاحِكًۭا مِّن قَوْلِهَا وَقَالَ رَبِّ أَوْزِعْنِىٓ أَنْ أَشْكُرَ نِعْمَتَكَ ٱلَّتِىٓ أَنْعَمْتَ عَلَىَّ وَعَلَىٰ وَٰلِدَىَّ وَأَنْ أَعْمَلَ صَٰلِحًۭا تَرْضَىٰهُ وَأَدْخِلْنِى بِرَحْمَتِكَ فِى عِبَادِكَ ٱلصَّٰلِحِينَ

All translators have used the words ?smiled? or ?laughed? or ?amused? for translation of this verse because it is based on the Arabic root word ب س م which means ?He smiled? So the word بسم means smile (or pleasure/amusement).

In case you feel difficulty in Arabic, here are the Transliterations for both Ayats which I quoted earlier:

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/1/1/default.htm
بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
Transliteration       Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi   
Transliteration-2       bis'mi l-lahi l-raḥmāni l-raḥīmi

https://www.islamawakened.com/quran/96/1/default.htm
ٱقْرَأْ بِٱسْمِ رَبِّكَ ٱلَّذِى خَلَقَ
Transliteration       Iqra/ bi-ismi rabbika allathee khalaqa   
Transliteration-2       iq'ra bi-is'mi rabbika alladhī khalaqa

This is how I learnt the first word and the first Ayat?s meaning. I believe that no one can change the ?words? of Allah.
PLEASURE/SMILE OF ALLAH, THE MOST COMPASSIONATE, THE EVER-MERCIFUL!

Now let?s use this meaning in the following Ayats and see the difference:
My translation: And he said board/embark in it, pleasure/smile of Allah starts/runs it and stops/anchors it. Indeed my Lord/Nourisher is surely Oft-Forgiving, Ever-Merciful.

قَالَتْ يَٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلْمَلَؤُا۟ إِنِّىٓ أُلْقِىَ إِلَىَّ كِتَٰبٌۭ كَرِيمٌ
إِنَّهُۥ مِن سُلَيْمَٰنَ وَإِنَّهُۥ بِسْمِ ٱللَّهِ ٱلرَّحْمَٰنِ ٱلرَّحِيمِ
أَلَّا تَعْلُوا۟ عَلَىَّ وَأْتُونِى مُسْلِمِينَ
My translation; [27:28-30]: She said, ?O chiefs! Indeed a venerable writing is delivered to me. Indeed it is from Suleiman? (Saying) ?And indeed it is pleasure of Allah, the Most-Compassionate, and the Most Merciful that not you wish eminence above Me and come to Me in submission/Muslimeen?.

Suleiman did not ask the queen to submit herself to Suleiman but he delivered her the message of Allah in which Allah's Ayat was quoted.

Muslimeen are those who submit to Allah!

Peace TMTT
why this topic is under this segment.... I rarely see this segment....
Fortunately I saw...
I have seen people say baasmalla.. I thought they just refer it bismillah...
Honestly till this moment I have no knowledge on this....
But your explanation seems something is there... Got to research for better understanding.... Words of Quran cannot be changed and called in another way.. That's for sure... Keep researching dear... If possible shift the topic to another... Up to you...

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2019, 08:04:04 AM »
Slm bro,

thank you very much...  i learned again newthing on the Quran , my whole life i read it as: in the name of / with the name of ....

but what does this mean ?

btw i checked online translations ....
and she smiles :
https://translate.yandex.com/?lang=ar-en&text=%D9%81%D9%8E%D8%AA%D9%8E%D8%A8%D9%8E%D8%B3%D9%91%D9%8E%D9%85%D9%8E

in peace / in the name / peacefully
http://www.reverso.net/translationresults.aspx?lang=en

and google translated as : so he smiled ( funny thing , google translate like an sholar :) )

Salam Dear Kaltun!
I am glad that you spares some time to read it. But I am more than glad that you tried to verify what is said.

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2019, 08:07:10 AM »
Peace TMTT
why this topic is under this segment.... I rarely see this segment....
Fortunately I saw...
I have seen people say baasmalla.. I thought they just refer it bismillah...
Honestly till this moment I have no knowledge on this....
But your explanation seems something is there... Got to research for better understanding.... Words of Quran cannot be changed and called in another way.. That's for sure... Keep researching dear... If possible shift the topic to another... Up to you...

Salam Dear JKhan and thank you! I wanted to post it under "Question/Comments on Quran" section. Now I don't know how to change it. Should I PM or Email to someone?

Peace!

kaltun

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2019, 08:21:20 AM »
Salam Dear Kaltun!
I am glad that you spares some time to read it. But I am more than glad that you tried to verify what is said.

Slm TellMeTheTruth,

but offcourse i will try to verify... what you mentioned i did not noticed before ( maybe due i am not arabic reader  :confused:)  .... this is the first time i noticed .. so i searched the whole internet ( what were in my power) and no one mentioned this .... very weird ...

btw , you say basama , but everybody says bism

love the ide btw , smile of Allah , the Merciful , the sustainer

you know how many times they ( beleavers) scared me , with the wrath of Allah when i was young ... while bible God was loving god

thx for this , i hope we will know it soon

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2019, 08:34:20 AM »
Salam Kaltun!

٢_١١٢   بَلَىٰ مَنْ أَسْلَمَ وَجْهَهُۥ لِلَّهِ وَهُوَ مُحْسِنٌۭ فَلَهُۥٓ أَجْرُهُۥ عِندَ رَبِّهِۦ وَلَا خَوْفٌ عَلَيْهِمْ وَلَا هُمْ يَحْزَنُونَ
002:112 Nay, but whosoever surrendereth his purpose to Allah while doing good, his reward is with his Lord; and there shall no fear come upon them neither shall they grieve.

BTW I did not say 'basma' at all.

kaltun

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2019, 09:05:34 AM »
Aslm TellMeTheTruth

بسم how do you pronounce this

TellMeTheTruth

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: February 13, 2019, 11:17:34 AM »
Bism