Author Topic: FAITH  (Read 1589 times)

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
FAITH
« on: February 01, 2019, 09:23:39 AM »
Peace,

Do you really believe in GOD?
Then why you go to the doctor when you are ill? While GOD can heal all your illnesses?
Why you ask someone for a job? While GOD is capable of doing everything?

And you say,
You alone we worship and You alone we seek for help. [1:5]

Qur'an says,

Did the people think that they be left that they say: "We believed." And they are not being tested? [29:2]
##
Do you order the people with the righteousness and you forget yourselves, while you are reciting the Book? Do you not comprehend? [2:44]
And seek help through patience and through the prayers. And that it truly is a great/burden except on the humble. [2:45]
##
And most of them will not believe in God except while setting up partners. [12:106]
##
And We will test you for We know those who strive among you and those who are patient. And We will bring out/justify your qualities/information. [47:31]
##
...Anyone who puts his trust in God, then He suffices him. The commands of God will be done. God has decreed for everything a measure. [65:3]

Peace and best wishes
-my current understanding. Verify for yourself -17:36.
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

Sultan Brandon

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: FAITH
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2019, 09:48:50 AM »
و عليكم السلام

Because then our free will and responsibility to improve ourselves and do good work would be null.  It goes back to why God created this affair on earth with all of its challenges to begin with.  We act, God supports.  You don't walk in front of a car and say, "I trust in God!" and expect not to get hit.  You look both ways and try to make the best decision but if you make a mistake then God may protect you.  Or if you're sick you take a remedy like garlic because that's the method that God might use to guide and heal you with, otherwise it would take a miracle every time instead of practical solutions that improve you through learning and gaining skills.  Its also why monasticism is a deviation because we shouldn't just sit and do nothing but pray while expecting that our Lord will do everything for us.  God willing, be He Glorified, the All-Knowing, Most Wise.

In the name of God, the All-Mighty, the Merciful
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم

20:75 And he who comes to Him as a believer doing good works, for those will be the highest ranks.

20:76 Gardens of delight, with rivers flowing beneath them, abiding therein. Such is the reward of he who is developed.

57:27 Then We sent in their tracks Our messengers. And We sent Jesus, son of Mary, and We gave him the Gospel, and We ordained in the hearts of his followers kindness and mercy. But they invented Monasticism which We never decreed for them. They wanted to please God, but they did not observe it the way it should have been observed. Consequently, We gave those who believed among them their recompense, while many of them were wicked.

57:25 We have sent Our messengers with clear proofs, and We sent down with them the Book and the balance, so that the people may uphold justice. And We sent down the iron, wherein there is great strength, and many benefits for the people. So that God would distinguish those who would support Him and His messengers in the unseen. God is Powerful, Noble.

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2019, 10:26:27 AM »
To have faith is to understand that whatever happens to you is through good/right/purposeful intentions. That Providence has good intents. And they are explained. It is for one's betterment. So after truly grasping that one accepts whatever comes to them, trusts that it is for a higher good and does not blame anyone for what is not in their control.

The world doesn't lack of "believers" in a god. People have believed in a magical entity that would bring them success and health and all sort of profits for a long long time.

What is GOD ? You may not exactly know, but atleast ask, what is God to YOU ? How does the idea "there is a god" affect you ? How does it do so ? Is it through fear ? Is it through hope or other things ?

What do you mean by "illness" ? The illness of the body or the illness of the "soul" ? I suppose you mean the illness of the body. What's the difference between your teeth falling apart and your ceiling falling apart ? Won't you try to fix it ? Or is it because your teeth are part of your body and it MUST need a magical or paranormal way of fixing itself ? What's the difference between your body and your refrigerator ? Both you use on a daily basis and both you will leave on earth to decay upon departing.

Why do you ask someone for a job you say ? You have skills, I assume, and you tell the person: "I will lend you my skills in exchange for some coins" or you could use your own skills and make some coins yourself.

But really, you need to reconsider how the idea of God affects your life, in all honesty. Gotta keep thinking. It's all about thinking and expanding your understanding, not limiting it to superficial conclusions.

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2019, 07:20:02 PM »
Dear Mohamed..
Peace
I will keep it simple and short....
If you have CCTV in your home,  will you be free of fear or go out and ask the enemy to shoot at you?  Hoping enemy won't shoot since CCTV around....
We believe God doesn't mean He needs to spoon feed us....
Mohamed and his companions not required to fight with enemies to save their lives... Simply they believe God could have destroyed enemies .....
Pls use your knowledge in wider angle.....

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2019, 06:03:39 PM »
Peace

If I'm not mistaken, in the Qur'an it even says ask the people of knowledge...
I don't think it's forbidden to seek help etc. but obviously if you receive help through a doctor for example and you get better, the help you receive is ultimately from God.
😃👀✋

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2019, 11:35:46 PM »
Peace all,

What do you think of the last verse in the post?

I repeat
...Anyone who puts his trust in God, then He suffices him. The commands of God will be done. God has decreed for everything a measure. [65:3]

Trust for what? no any exceptions there in the verse!

Peace
O you who believe! Enter perfectly in islam/ Surrender yourselves wholly unto God [2:208], [3:19-20,85 2:132]

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-0
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2019, 12:27:52 AM »
Peace all,

What do you think of the last verse in the post?

I repeat

Trust for what? no any exceptions there in the verse!

Peace

Dear brother Mohamed peace...
That last verse is concern to you.... Suppose you are a believer in God and you want to live your normal life.... Do you consider yourself a robot of God... No... What is the meaning of freedom and the test of God then..... Remember dear this world's life is not Janna to have everything as you like... But this is a temporary field preparing for the permanent one... So to achieve it we need to Trust God.... The trust each and everyone keeps nay vary drastically..... Depending on that God will be definitely sufficient.... If you think we shouldn't  need anyone only God to live the life while having the assistance of other is bit complicated.. No.... It is like one says.... I don't need anyone in this world and I have money,  youth and power and I am not weak to take anyone's help.... Meantime does he really live on his own... How many people are required for his life directly and indirectly Yiu can imagine....
Keep faith Mohamed and continue your life and look things in more vistas...
God guide us he has guided and accepted many....

Cerberus

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +1/-0
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2019, 02:52:40 AM »

...Anyone who puts his trust in God, then He suffices him

Now that is a good question, most people  don't think about these stuff and rather debate what to eat, what to say in prayer etc...

One can easily perceive God as that black box in the back of your mind in which you put your lamentations and hopes, it alleviates a good deal of stress and worry.

However, God is extremely close to us, the parable of God's proximity as per quran is "Closer than their jugular vein".
Moreover God is also takes credit of the good/benefitial that happens to us:
"Whatever good happens to thee is from God; and whatever evil befalls thee is from thyself"

God the extremely close that Brings good when followed and brings bad otherwise is for me the spirit of God that is in everyone of us that allows Reason and Will. This is what humans are blessed with unlike animals and that is what they ought to use throughout their life to understand their surrounding and then discriminate between what is right and wrong, pure and impure, and with the Power of their Will to do the right thing.

But that is not all, there are obstacles put deliberately to weaken our Will and blurry our Reason. These are the things we deal with on a daily basis. God is forging us into becoming pure.

This is an example of how one can go beyond superficial readings.

Mohammed.

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2019, 03:33:42 AM »
peace,

"And what struck/hit you from a misfortune /disaster so (it is) because (of) what your hands gathered/acquired, and He forgives/pardons on much." [42:30]

So illnesses come because of the sins. Will the doctor be able to cure it properly?

"And if I am sick/diseased, it is He Who cures me.? [26:80]

And disease will disappear when God wills/after completion of punishment. (Since God will not let a self to suffer more than what it deserves)
Then what is the point of going to the doctor? It is SHIRK in my understanding! (Seeking help from the doctor when God is not helping!)
And the doctors usually prescribe some chemicals to suppress the symptoms which influences neuro-hormonal systems / body's defence mechanism i.e. finding alternative ways! - They are treating the disease not curing.
And when God punishes their patients with new new diseases these doctors and their professors get confused, not able to even treat as they used to do in normal cases (because their treatment /judgment is based on what they taught by their teachers).

So repentance is the effective medicine. (Root cause treatment)
And honey may come after that.
?...from its bellies emerges a drink that has different colours, in it is a cure/healing for the people; in that is an evidence to a nation thinking.? [16:69]

And all the knowledge /guidance is from the Qur'an,
...say: ?For those who believe, it is a guide and healing. As for those who disbelieve, there is deafness in their ears, and they are blind to it. [41:44]

So in my view, using / suggesting any other medicine is,
Ignoring God's words (The Creator) and seeking alternative ways which are found by people / scientists/ doctors (just creatures).

[96:6] Alas, that truly the human/mankind tyrannizes/exceeds the limit.
[96:7] That he considers him(self), he enriched/sufficed (self-sufficient).

In short,
Physical /mental fitness is controlled by Immune system /Hormonal-neurotransmitter-chemical equilibrium and which is influenced by Attitude / consciousness / righteousness

There are so many verses in the Qur'an which mentions the term for ill persons (Miim-Ra-Dad) e.g. [2:184, 2:196, 4:43, 4:102, 5:6, 9:91, 24:61, 48:17, 73:20]
But nowhere Qur'an mentions the term for physician/doctor!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Regarding Job-

Qur'an gives a clear example of the prophet Yusuf (Surah No. 12) where, job came to him when he was in prison!
Why Qur'an shares such stories with us? Just for information?

Another verse,
... and whoever reverences (fears and obeys) God, He makes/puts for him a way out/exit. And He provides for him from where/when he never expected. Anyone who puts his trust in God, then He suffices him. The commands of God will be done. God has decreed for everything a measure.? [65:2-3]

...and God is best of the providers.? [62:11]

Sarah

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2019, 12:12:54 PM »
@Mohammed,
don't eat, don't sleep because God will suffice you by your logic.

Or...

Eat, sleep etc. and hope God will suffice you THROUGH HIS BLESSINGS...

God also wants you to use your brain!!!!

No it's not shirk to take medicine!!!

Sure your attitude etc. also influences your health but that's just one FACTOR.
😃👀✋