News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

What does the root 3bd (ع ب د) means as per Quran?

Started by Novice, December 28, 2018, 06:49:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jkhan

Dear Novice?
Your biased very confined statement of ?following closely? well known factor for me since long time.. I saw that factzzz.worpress? after research I found it completely not acceptable taking into consideration of entire quran? I always accept what is right regardless who the person is?
Yes.. dear quran itself a jigsaw?is there any problem for you to research and compare and verify.. then it?s up to you? what is in quran written straight forward for you to open in one chapter and be satisfied.. entire quran is a puzzle and solve it? that?s the way? for example if you want to know about History of Mosa? you cant just open one chapter and say that?s mosa? it?s a well known factor.. Any how jigsaw is not a big deal for me.. it?s my job as a professional and a legal advisor to untangle and solve puzzles..At least my law books are straight forward and you can search on topic wise? but not quran?

Why you want to escape saying that it is enough let?s move on? Move on with what? as per your ?follow closely? ha ha ha..
Dude? quran itself begin in the chapter with a wonderful saying? I present it with intention..
2:2-5 Arbrey??That is the Book, wherein is no doubt, a guidance to the godfearing, who believe in the Unseen, and perform the prayer (SALAT), and expend of that We have provided them, who believe in what has been sent down to thee and what has been sent down before thee, and have faith in the Hereafter; those are UPON GUIDANCE from their Lord, those are the ones who prosper?.
Salat your translation is ?following closely?? my dear member of this forum? if one surrender to God.. he or she should follow closely the quran to it?s best comprehensive meaning? while following you have steps and guides and action to do so as clearly instructed in the book?. Once following then he or she is upon guidance? The above verse is perfect?Salat here unfortunately translated as PRAYER physical by arbery.. I don?t blame..but for me it is not but it?s a way of establishing our pure ethics/conduct?
If the salat here is FOLLOWING CLOSELY?.follow closely what? I hope you mean to follow quran? Dude total verses from 2:2-5 is to follow quran and nothing to leave out?quran is sent to follow closely and not specified as salat? but salat has it?s own various meaning within the quran and within the tone of quran? pls don?t teach root words?. I know very well what these root words are formed and who created how it was considered in arabic and when it was infused?and when quran revealed.. and how deceptive one could be if only go with root words just totally neglecting the author?s tone?
What ritual prayer.. did I say ritual prayer? if one call his Creator by His name and stand humbly and applauding Him is ritual for you? then it?s your understanding? God asks us to remember and applaud in various times without specifying as salat? before sunset after sunset before noon after noon duing night almost all times? if I am applauding the God following closely His instruction, will that look I am doing a ritual? Actions in the cause of God may look weird for people ? but cant help.. if one is sacrificing a cow? it may look ritual, if one is totally avoiding food during the day it may of course look ritual? Following a God and practicing quran itself may look ritual?

24:58? lets hope you are my father.. I am your kid?. I need to take permission before fajr?. Just teach me what is fajr salat that you were doing at the dawn so that I would know that my dad has finished Salat al Fajr so I no further need to restrict my self in asking permission? Fajr Salat as per you = Dawn following closely? lets see any physical or verbal things involve in your understanding?Remember I am a kid? I don?t need hardship in identifying the fajr salat? I need simple answr?.
Any how you answer or not? there is physical involvement in following the quran and obeying the God?
If you are only following quran and claiming so.. who taught you that 4:101-103 was such and such war and that war they lost for not following closely?Did you read the verses carefully? how hilarious the meaning follow closely can become if you use that for salat in these three verses? 103 would become such a joke if we use ?follow closely?
I wonder how to say in Arabic ?FOLLOW what has been revealed to you?..
If for anyone the verses 2:238 and 17:110-111 is not enough as basic information for a physical and verbal salat?. Then I am extremely sorry?I have no further explanation about salat? all other salat instructions comes based on this? the time and the cleanliness  etc..
Btw if anyone interested we can discuss completely on various aspects of verse 4:101-103 with thorough argument purely from based on the verses?
God bless us to right path...
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Novice

Quote from: jkhan on January 06, 2019, 11:17:29 PM
pls don?t teach root words?. I know very well what these root words are formed and who created how it was considered in arabic and when it was infused?and when quran revealed.. and how deceptive one could be if only go with root words just totally neglecting the author?s tone?

Salaam jkhan

May I know how you understand Quran. Do you understand it in Arabic or through translations?

good logic

Peace Imran.

I was saying Qoran instruct us to do Aquimi Salat, Give Zakat and do good deeds.
I have given my take on what is Aquimi Salat. It can only mean a contact prayer in light of all the verses of Qoran.

Peace Novice.
You have not explained, in case of war how do you shorten the "follow closely"?(4:101)
.It is very clear and common sense how you shorten the contact prayer and why in the war particularly.

Look brother, nobody is saying to you you have to do the contact prayer. But surely you can clearly see you have not managed to show that your take on it as "follow closely" comes any close .

Your explanation of 5:6 is even worse, quote:
:
The session can be called by a community leader to decide what is "Aqimis salat" in a certain situation in the light of God's revelation. (62:9)
To attend these sessions we are commanded to wash ourselves so fellow members do not have any discomfort. (5:6)

Has your community leader decided what is your Aquimi Salat?
Where do you go for these meetings? 
Do you do them daily at prescribed times?
Sorry, just nonsense ,as you can see.

GOD bless you both.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Novice

Quote from: good logic on January 07, 2019, 08:09:12 AM
You have not explained, in case of war how do you shorten the "follow closely"?(4:101)
.It is very clear and common sense how you shorten the contact prayer and why in the war particularly.

Salaam brother GL

Could you please explain how to shorten contact prayer?

Has your community leader decided what is your Aquimi Salat?

I do not live in a society based on Quran so no community leader to follow.

Sorry, just nonsense ,as you can see.
Your judgement means nothing brother. We are trying to understand Aqimis salat from Quran. You have failed to show a verse from Quran giving details of contact prayer.

God bless you.

good logic

Peace Novice.
Very easy brother to shorten contact prayer or cancel altogether if you are in a war and you are about to be attacked or are attacked.. If it normally takes you 5 minutes. Shortening it will take you less time,. It all depends on the condition and common sense.

Now how do you shorten the "follow closely" bearing in mind that verse 101 says that. you can shorten the salat?

GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

imrankhawaja

Peace Imran.

I have given my take on what is Aquimi Salat. It can only mean a contact prayer in light of all the verses of Qoran.

peace GL
so according to you it can ONLY mean contact prayer.
thats fine its your choice but u havnt provide any evidence in support of your claims anyway let me find a suitable word for the meanings what u suggested its like
(Contact DUA) why author didnt use that word and give details to that word if it was really a ritual.?

logically there is no need to use the word contact here coz when u perform DUA its already in a contact like a live call lol, so making it more easy for you  just use DUA?

did you see any DUA related verses ? what are they and what the differences between dua verses and sala verses?

BTW i just have an idea when early two people on debate of quran claimed about salat?
one party said its same ritual perfoming by pagans ages ago?
one party said no its not a ritual its attributes/attitudes/good deeds/duties etc.

both give their best verses to link one thing to another in the end the one who was more influencial win the debate and now after a long time we see with the help of technology one or both were wrong ? whats our duty now ? how we will know the correct sala using just Quran? and sala should be detailed isnt it ?
God bless you.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: good logic on January 07, 2019, 11:24:23 AM
Peace Novice.
Very easy brother to shorten contact prayer or cancel altogether if you are in a war and you are about to be attacked or are attacked.. If it normally takes you 5 minutes. Shortening it will take you less time,. It all depends on the condition and common sense.

Now how do you shorten the "follow closely" bearing in mind that verse 101 says that. you can shorten the salat?

GOD bless you.
Peace.

what u gona do in those five mins ( step bu step) use quran as refference no guessworks?
and how do you short it to 2 3 or 1 minutes ( step by step) use quran as well no guessworks like 19 lol.jk

and shorten your duties make more sense actually.
let say a person is awaking whole night protecting the stuff of orphan. can short it and another party come to take over the duty(sala).  it really does make more sense if we go by this way lmao. instead of fullnight he can divide it to all those volunteers who come for sala(duty) in this way community sala taken place and everybody is happy. basically the advantage of sharing duties make everybody chilled lol .

Point to ponder
The duty of sala started as well as afraid of getting robbed started. on normal
conditions i mean when there is no war/afraid/panic that type of sala no longer needed.

our cctv and defence agencies are doing their role now a days lol ( but they are getting paid too).

God bless you

hawk99

Quote from: Novice on January 06, 2019, 04:31:52 PM
Brother stick to the root meanings of words and see what they convey rather than following alien meanings assigned to Quranic words to control and oppress people.

As I explained before I accept the meaning "to follow closely".

In every war people do attend meetings with their commanders to get directions on what to follow. It may be called war strategy. Once decided it becomes the guidance to be followed closely. These meetings can be conducted during war and caution can be preserved and weapons could be held.

Your understanding of [4:101-103]

In fact ritual prayer will be a great danger and an opportunity to be attacked by enemy.

That is why the ayat says take precautions.

So create your own system and make details. Well Quran call it "following their "desires" taking their "desires" as their gods" etc.

Not so, It's called using your brain.

So brother you can make your own rituals but they are not commanded by God unless they are detailed in a verse in the detailed Quran for us to follow.

To stand, bow and prostrate are indeed commandments from Allah.

And we cannot bring a verse from Quran detailing for us how to perform ritual prayer.

Again, you can use your brain to glorify your lord both physically as well as spiritually.
Which is better, to choose one or to choose both    :hmm

If someone offered you one million dollars or two million dollars I wonder which one
you would take    :yes
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

jkhan

Dear Novice and the rest...
You are asking questions from me while you don't answer any questions of mine and many of the others...
I went through the threads of this topic at least the meaningful ones .. ....
Salat has one meaning or many as per the context of the Quran...? It looks like for you only one.  If you confine yourself with only one meaning follow closely then you are in serious trouble in explaing to others the quran when words of Salat yusalli salawat etc appears..i know you will say something but it should give meaning to us... Or you should convince us and shut our mouths without being able to pose a question... That's the state of convince.  That's where judge decide....Be careful when you decide a meaning based on roots...
Either you are expecting a Salat in the form what is available in the society of majorities or you are expecting something  of your own way.... Don't expect from QURAN what is in the society.... Just go with Quran.... Even it looks bizarre in others vision... For example.. As I always believed that the earth is not what I have been taught in college... Still people tend to jest at me... China landed robo on the moon... Is that also conspiracy oh you flatty😉.. I neglect them all.. Coz I take what's written quran and what is guided to me.. Okay..leave thst off topic. 
Lets back to Salat... No one answers me about 24:58 and my question.... Is it that much difficult or is it a nonsensical question.. Or answerless...
Dear Novice... Since you mentioned you want to find out truth.... Let me put this verse as well...
4"43 pls read the verse before read below...
Why God says to Believers yes believers... Not to approach or near As-Salat when you drunken or in a state of intoxication?..  So when I am drunken I shouldn't FOLLOW  CLOSELY" okay I won't be able to follow each and everything closely but I am not completely  done...  Still those who are drunk can even drive home mostly safely... So why to forget God in closely following completely while drunken ...while drunken do we have another God to approach... Let's hope one of the things of CLOSELY FOLLOWING is giving to poor... yani charity... Okay I am drunk and driving and stop at signal and a begger extend hand for help.. I can see that he is a begger and asking but God has ordered me not follow closely when I am drunken.. So I won't give charity...if I commit a murder then will I be excused just coz I am drunken and this is a period as well NOT TO FOLLOW CLOSELY... 😬..You can bring loads of examples to this... No need since all here in the forum is intelligent...
And the next point is ...UNTIL YOU KNOW WHAT YOU UTTER.... of course we know what we utter even how much you are drunk... Other wise I should lose my language capacity... The problem here is you won't remember mostly ehat you uttered when you get back to normalcy.. Question here is to Closely Follow why  we need speech or uttering...?  Do I need to talk to the begger to give him... That's definitely wayward...
BUT FOR STANDING AND APPLAUDING THE LORD it is required... With drunken state Thsts Far from reality...still possible but worthless act...
Okay.. Next point is JANABA.. I don't want to dig another root word here.. It's for the sake of this very topic... Whatever JANABA is.. Instructions here is to purify while in JANABA as per 5:6... But while travelling this same act of Salat can be performed with JANABA... Oh dear dear... Don't you use your wits... Or is it coz of my profession I sense these things.. Why can we FOLLOW  CLOSELY while traveling and not when I am not traveling... What are those things that I should follow closely while travelling with JANABA and what are those that I shouldn't follow closely while I am not traveling....  Don't complicate Novice....  I hope quran is simple if you follow with wits...roots are helpful coz its a language.. But if you totally depending on roots you may let loose from the author's  meaning.. I know how much I struggled to find out the meaning of UMMI initially being a non Arab... Translation or dictionaries or roots.. Nothing helped me.. But QURAN only.. 
Next... Oh oh.. To follow closely make tayamum... That's funny.... But not for Salat...  Many more things in this verse 4:43 ..you can guess. 
Finally... You Novice... Doesn't God give an instruction to stand in Salat... Just say yes or no... Doesn't God ask to utter in salat..juSt say yes or no... Doesn't God ask us to greatly greatly appreciate and admire n applaud God... Just say yes or no... If yes.. Do you need steps to do this... Didn't God ask us to do at certain times of the day... Didnt God ask us to be clean and self conscious state to do this.... Didn't  God say it is a time fixed task... What else you want from QURAN only?...  What step by step explanation you people are asking.. You want to do as Sunnis or shia doing.. Is that why you are asking step by step explanation....
I wonder what's wrong with such people....
Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

Novice

Salaam brother GL

Let me ask again:

During war what you are supposed to do in a two minute shortened contact prayer.

"follow closely" is salla صَلَّىٰ

4:101 says to shorten الصَّلَاةَ which is shortening of the session in which "what to follow is decided".

God bless you.