News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Does Qur'an Arabic differ from Spoken Arabic?

Started by Neptin, December 26, 2018, 09:29:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neptin

I happen to come across a new argument concerning salat, hajj and sawn on quranguideblog.wordpress.com.

He posit that there have been a conspiracy to distort the true meanings of Qur'anic vocabularies or terms, so that spoken Arabic differs from Qur'anic Arabic. And that contact prayers, fasting and pilgrimage to kaaba have actually nothing to do with the Qur'an, if the Arabic Qur'an is read without preconceived notions.

I do not understand Arabic, but I wonder if this is true? Is this the reason why there  traditionalist salat or hajj protocols have barely any root in the Qur'an? Please help me out if you speak Arabic.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Wakas

Arabic is a living language, meaning people still speak it today and like any living language it evolves with time.

https://www.arabacademy.com/quranic-arabic-vs-modern-standard-arabic/

Background:
http://www.quran434.com/study-method.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

imrankhawaja

i personally asked this same question from the native arabic speaker.

he said when he or anybody else read or recite the HOLY quran. he didnt even get it what he trying to say. even when he read himself he only understand few words the words that take place in spoken arabic from classical arabic.

now i understand some of our so called urdu poets write poetry in such manner too that i cant even understand what hez saying but urdu is my native i can still understand some words what hez trying to say. the words what i use in my daily lang. MOREOVER a special teacher in school hired for explaining these hard URDU poems,poetry and he/she have little knowledge and i see a clear disturbance on the face of teachers as if they are struggling and making faces  :rotfl:

they have three dictionaries of explaining them Arabic urdu and farsi for explaining CLASSICAL urdu lol

our poets also use metaphors whicj make it more difficult specially the borrowed words from Qutanic arabic made it real hard.

same is going with QURAN native language didnt really help people undertanding quranic arabic. u still need dictionaries/ grammer/ hadith/ corpus/ science etc for understanding a verse of quran.

huruf

spoken language if which time? Spoken an written language has evolved through the centuries, which is why quranists insist on using the Qur'an to understand the Qur'an. It is a fact that meanings that are not there are injected in the Qur'an retroactively, like the famous "daraba" and others. And many times are injected selectively, that is in some place are not injected and in some are injected.

Salaam

TheHinaterians

Speaking from the Arabic Professor's viewpoint, dialectical Arabic and even Standard Arabic is not equivalent to Classical Arabic.

Classical Arabic in a sense is a dead language (as it's from a different era), though SA and regional Arabic are modern.

The original Arabic numbers were in fact letters just like with ancient Hebrew alike, modern numbers are derived from another Asian language.

Classical Arabic can seem familiar to Standard Arabic (Legal/Medical/ Official documents/ academic Arabic); there is no trust that all roots/ etymology have their original definition or context which may be misleading.

It's best to learn/analyse Classical Arabic separately from other types of Arabic. There are around 22 Arabic dialects and 1 globally accepted standard Arabic but that has nothing directly to do with the Koran. It's a similar case with Ancient Hebrew and Modern Hebrew.  :sun:

God Bless,
TheHinaterians