News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Dhul carnin

Started by si di, December 04, 2018, 03:49:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

si di

Peace ,

Just a brief Question:When dhul carnain started his journey did he make a direction journey ?Cause i don?t find a anywhere a change of his move.

Any thoughts are welcome.

si di

Could the murky water meant Deep Water?
Why should all Story in the Bible and quran only be placed in the east or middle east thats why the journey could be started in the west and further to the west till the pacific Ocean.

Historicaly People in the east are not known to wear helmets with Horns so let search in the west for dhul qarnain.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3156195/Vikings-CELTS-wore-horned-helmets-Exhibition-reveals-history-stunning-beauty-ancient-Celtic-culture.html

huruf

Qarn can be other things besides horn, for instance, century.

Salaam

si di

yes , i know huruf but since there is a dialogue i take literally and because he came right after the start of his trip to the place where the sun sets i sugest to you that he started in the western part of the world and not in tn the middle east.

god knows best

si di

There are 3 names starting with dhu in the the quranic ,can it be that they  are names for western People?

The prefix Bou in France is common used and means ""the one who is or has" or from .The prefix "bou" is also used in northafrica bouciclist "the one with bicycles" in other cases it emphasis the features characteristics.

ajzhyder

https://topicsfromquran.com/2018/09/22/zal-qarnain-dual-qarnain/

The above link explores the verses regarding Dhual Qarnain and about and the probable places he may have visited.

si di

@ajzhyder

Peace,

this would explain the lack of understanding between the People and dhu Qarnain as it is a difficult language .And there is a wall that sounds fitting but i dismiss the silkroad Theory because in went to the west how far to the west is uncertain Maybe today Portugal or Morocco which is also called in arabic the far west.

Or like i suggest he went futher to the westcoast of Northamerica there a stories by nativeamericans About a stranger White with a beard who taught them some stuff and went on sailing to the east.

si di

QuoteQarn can be other things besides horn, for instance, century.

Salaam

As i think it is not possible to travel through time i stay with my thought that he was a celt or from the so called "sea people" aka Shardana who are also depicted with horn helmets.

or do you mean something else with century=carn?did i miss you Point?

si di

Did you know that KaLB is also use especially for Lion

Is this why mentioning that you will be scared if you see them?

si di

back to dhul qarnin

when dhul qarnin arrived at place at the place near gog and magog ,the People hardly understand him "lam jafqahula Kaula"
but then sudddenly they communicate with each other"wa qalu inna jajuj ma majuj... "

Probably he stayed longer there(order from god?read the beginning) to hear from them their complains and to do that he had to learn their language.

If he were a arrogant ruler he would not do that,someone else had to explore the language and then translate it to him.

Does Quran give us a Communicationlesson between people?

What i want to say he stayed there for unknown time but he learned the language of his environment but nowadays if you take the example of Europe and its Migrants ,they dont understand the language of their area living already 3 or more years there.