News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Is it finally time to leave Free-Minds Forum?

Started by Neptin, December 04, 2018, 08:32:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neptin

This forum no doubt has been worth my time for the past 4 years. I signed up in 2014, I suppose because I was lonely and suffocated by my family and community of sunnites. I wanted to escape that community, where Islamic orthodoxy and fanaticism continue to predominate.

The early years of 2014-2016 were satisfactory. But by 2017, it started to pale. It's apparent now that we can't have a honest conversation about Muslim fanaticism or excesses without triggering anyone. This manifestation of victim complex finally reared it ugly head, just when I thought it was limited to Sunnites.

Then, there are those here resorting to moral equivalence, cultural relativism, bigotry of lower expectation or political correctness to justify masked women on our streets, simply because these women are Muslim immigrants.

Another reason it might be time to leave pertain to Islamic Reform or Revise and its lukewarm reception. Islam today is an opium of the masses in the Muslim countries - the human rights violation that persist as Islam need no mention.

While in the west, Islam has become a burgeoning identity political movement, like a cult, attracting sociopaths, homophobes, sexists, patriachists, radical feminists, women with body image issues, aggrieved racial minorities, convicts and ex-convicts, regressive leftists - all united under the banner of Islam to defeat a common enemy.

Yet, as tulipred muslima's thread few months ago - Educating the Masses - confirms, Muslims even here remain averse, indifferent or pessimistic to reform, so much that any contribution to it is overlooked.

I've heard all kinds of arguments like, "Let's focus on ourselves first before turning to others" or "let's not replace one ideology with another, let's teach people to reason". The first argument I find ridiculous, am afraid. The second, impractical.

How do you convince a fanatic Muslim to tolerate negative observations on his religion? You're better likely to succeed with Qur'anic evidences(15:94-97, 33:48). Reason does not appeal to the masses, this is why religion exist.

Muhammad Abduh: "We do not cut off the head of religion, except with the sword of religion".

I think I'm burnt out from discussing Islam, researching and writing in defense of Qur'an alone or Human rights from Islamic sources.

What I seek now is to connect with Muslims that I can relate with, build bridges and tangible relationship beyond internet forums.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

Jafar

Quote from: Neptin on December 04, 2018, 08:32:43 AM
Reason does not appeal to the masses, this is why religion exist.

Reason does appeal to the masses, that's why religious / cultist / sectarian people are decreasing worldwide..
The fastest growing group is non religious...

QuoteWhat I seek now is to connect with Muslims that I can relate with, build bridges and tangible relationship beyond internet forums.

Advice: seek to connect with any human being that you can relate with, build bridges among people and not wall...

good logic

Peace Neptin.
Best of luck to you with the future.
I hope when you reflect , you realise the forum and members opinions/views are separate. Just because there are disagreements it does not mean the forum is wrong.
Also in any forum one needs to agree or disagree with views and not mix their feeling/take things personal ,after all disagreements are normal.
What is right and true will always remain right and true and no opinions /views or forums will change it.
I will miss your contribution.
Hope to hear from you in the future.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

huruf

The forum may be disappointing at times, but it is a good trigger to do the own research and study. If left to oneself may be we would miss many things which later to be very enlightening.

But I guess one also needs to get awar from things in a long life.

At any rate, I hope you get wiser and,  I was going to say older, but that you will get anyway if God keeps you in this world. So what can one wish for more than that?

Salaam