Author Topic: Need your help with verse 42:49  (Read 498 times)

FJ

• Apprentice
Need your help with verse 42:49
« on: November 13, 2018, 01:33:32 AM »
Selam all,

I need your help with this. Does this verse prohibit gender selection procedure for a husband and wife?

42:49 To God is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatever He wills. He bestows daughters to whoever He wills, and bestows sons to whoever He wills.

Selam and thanks to all in advance.
If you knew who walked besides you on this path that you have chosen you would never experience fear and doubt.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Need your help with verse 42:49
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2018, 04:32:20 AM »
 GOD Peace FJ.
Welcome.
A good question . It requires some pondering about who is GOD.
For example GOD controls everything, what does that mean?
Also  GOD knows the future, yet we can now predict the weather, we can predict/look at a foetus and know its gender. What does that mean?

Of course GOD knows what we knew, what we know now and what we will know in future.
Regardless of what we know GOD has planned it and knew it from the beginning, so whatever we do is within the limits of what GOD willed /planned from the beginning.
Just because we can choose the gender of our children at this age does not mean that GOD has not planned it . GOD gives life to the unborn not us. We can plant the seeds but it is GOD who gives life.
Our choosing now is also part of GOD s plan and purpose for us.
So I would say since there is no clear prohibition verse of choosing your own gender children in Qoran GOD has not prohibited it. GOD has given us the freedom of choice , choosing the gender of our own children ,if it becomes a reality is part of that freedom. Just like choosing not to is also part of our decision making.
GOD bless you.
Peace. 
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2018, 08:35:16 AM »
peace,

Whilst it's not explicitly forbidden I would also ask what is the reason for gender selection (and I assume there is no fetus termination involved). The reason I ask is there are several Quran verses negative towards those those who prefer male offspring (e.g. 16:58-59, 43:18, 81:8-9).
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

FJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2018, 11:15:37 AM »
Selam brothers

I really appreciate your responses.

Wakas,

The reason is family balancing after two daughters and a wife with a higher risk of bleeding because of a condition called placenta previa, which from what I remember was as a result of two c-section deliveries.

The method I believe is IVF/PGD, which after ovarian stimulation, multiple eggs are removed from the mother. The eggs are fertilized in the laboratory using the father's sperm in a technique called in vitro fertilization (IVF). Fertilized eggs are called embryos. As the embryos develop through mitosis, they are separated by sex. Embryos of the desired gender are implanted back in the mother's uterus. - from Wikipedia

May the god guide us to what is best. 

God bless you all.
If you knew who walked besides you on this path that you have chosen you would never experience fear and doubt.

FJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 10:48:31 AM »
Selam All,

Anyone else willing to take a stab at this?

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2018, 11:41:14 AM »
I cannot say anything from the Qur'an except that the motivation seems to be legitimate in that sense I feel that it is right to choose the gender so that the disease is avoided. You are not prejucied against a sex but prejudiced against disease, which seems legitimate.

Other than that, I guess that for the mother the procedure is not great fun, really. It would put me off. But for sure, everybody is not me, thank God.

Salaam

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2018, 11:47:16 AM »
I need your help with this. Does this verse prohibit gender selection procedure for a husband and wife?

42:49 To God is the sovereignty of the heavens and the earth. He creates whatever He wills. He bestows daughters to whoever He wills, and bestows sons to whoever He wills.

If God really prohibit something then surely He will makes it impossible.
It's as simple as that.

Now it has been revealed to us that the gender of human (and many other species especially mammals) are dependent on the type of sperm from the male. There are many ways to engineer the gender of the baby, ranging from timing of insemination (read: sex) relatively to the female ovulation period (there are certain period where X type of sperm will have higher likelihood to succeed and there are other period where Y type of sperm will have the higher likelihood)  up to artificial insemination.

As such, now we know the ancient tradition of blaming the gender of the baby to the mother (as often did in the past when the Queen / Royal Consort failed to give birth to a baby boy as heir to the throne) is totally ridiculous and illogical.

bagyane

• Apprentice
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2018, 02:36:52 AM »
Selam all,

The arabic script 28:68

The Monotheist Group   28/68   And your Lord creates what He wills, and He selects; it is not for them to select. Glory be to God, He is far above the partners they set up.

The arabic script 36:36

The Monotheist Group   36/36   Praise be to the One who has created all pairs from what the earth sprouts out and from themselves, and from what they do not know.

FJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2018, 03:05:45 AM »
The arabic script 28:68

The Monotheist Group   28/68   And your Lord creates what He wills, and He selects; it is not for them to select. Glory be to God, He is far above the partners they set up.

The arabic script 36:36

The Monotheist Group   36/36   Praise be to the One who has created all pairs from what the earth sprouts out and from themselves, and from what they do not know.

Selam Bagyane,

The verse 28:68 is an interesting one but I am not sure it prohibits gender selection. To my understanding, the verse talks about Gods creation. He is the one who selects what he wants to create. We cannot create, and we are not creating any other creation other than what God has already created, which is a human being (boy/girl). And again, we cannot create, the next human (God's selected creation) comes through us as we are only the means through which he/she comes to this life.

To my understanding, man and women are both one creation entity (a human). That is how I understand that we cannot select what creation to create and that understanding seems to be supported by the other verse 36:36 that you provided.

Can someone else please help clarify.

Selam to all,

FJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 05:39:07 AM »
Selam All,

Anyone else, please...

kaltun

• Apprentice
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 06:54:52 AM »
Selam All,

Anyone else, please...

SLM ,

i thought it was not possible due Allah choosing the gender. so main question is , is it possible for us to choose the gender ??
you also check this way : if you can do ( choosing the gender) this means it is aloud , if not than its mean you cant choose your own gender , you cant (NEVER)  go agains the will of Allah ;) ...

May Allah guide us to the straight path

FJ

• Apprentice
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2019, 10:57:58 PM »
Salam and thank you Kaltun,

I think it's wrong to reason that way. We cannot do everything that we are able to do. For example, one can kill but that doesn't mean he is allowed to do. There are special circumstances when one is allowed to kill a life. Similarly, nowadays one can choose the gender of the offspring but that doesn't mean that is allowed to do.

Anyone else who might add to this topic?

Mazhar

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2019, 07:37:41 AM »
Selam all,

Yes this can be done. But the process will take place in tube outside the Fallopian tube of mother. Then it is to be inserted in the womb of mother. Whether it gets implanted, it is the Will of Allah the Exalted. The prerogative of selection in any case remains with Allah.