News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Who is Isra'iil إِسْرَائِيلَ

Started by huruf, September 13, 2018, 09:07:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huruf

The name Isra'iil appears 43 times in the Qur'an, 42 of them as part of the compound Bani Isra'iil, and a single, lonely one time s the name by itself, in an enumeration after the name of Ibrahim. It appears as if the reaso for the lonely appearance would be to be able to then bring us the 42 times of the bani Isra'iil.

I have my on idea of ho are bani Isra'iil and I will make no mystery of it, we all are bani Isra'iil, but what or who is that lonely Isra'iil lost in an unconspicuous enumaration of the many there are in the Qur'an.

So anybody has any idea or can point out something?

PLEASE NO BIBLE

I think e all, at least those brought up as christians know the bible ell enough to rite for the hundredthoussandth time the Bible story. No use in birnging it up again, unless it really holds something helpful to see int he Qur'an.

All the damage and deformation brought into the Qur'an by bible stuff has made me painfully alergical to it and it invariably results in not getting any further with whatever is being dealt with, since the bible solves it all.   

Fine by itself, but please not mixing with the Qur'an.

Thank you. 

Salaam

The Sardar

If i recall, Bani Isra'iil were never called Jews/Yahud in the Qur'an.

huruf

Quote from: The Sardar on September 13, 2018, 09:39:01 AM
If i recall, Bani Isra'iil were never called Jews/Yahud in the Qur'an.
I have not looked at it in particular, but I have the impression that one thing is allathina haadu and another are the bani Isra'iil

Salaam

The Sardar

Quote from: huruf on September 13, 2018, 09:57:30 AM
I have not looked at it in particular, but I have the impression that one thing is allathina haadu and another are the bani Isra'iil

Salaam
Salam/Peace Huruf.

Alif-Siin-Ra = to make captive, prisoner, joint/ligament/frame/vigour/energy.

asara vb. (1) impf. act. 33:26

asir n.m. (pl. asra/asara) 2:85, 8:67, 8:70, 76:8

asr n.m. 76:28

isra'il n. 2:40, 2:47, 2:83, 2:122, 2:211, 2:246, 3:49, 3:93, 3:93, 5:12, 5:32, 5:70, 5:72, 5:78, 5:110, 7:105, 7:134, 7:137, 7:138, 10:90, 10:90, 10:93, 17:2, 17:4, 17:101, 17:104, 19:58, 20:47, 20:80, 20:94, 26:17, 26:22, 26:59, 26:297, 27:76, 32:23, 40:53, 43:59, 44:30, 45:16, 46:10, 61:6, 61:14

Lane's Lexicon, Volume 1, pages: 94, 95  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=asr

Best if we check out the verses contain Bani Isra'iil

huruf

I do not think it is root A-s-r but s-r-y and masdar of form IV  israa'   like islam or ihsan

Salaam

The Sardar

Quote from: huruf on September 13, 2018, 12:21:38 PM
I do not think it is root A-s-r but s-r-y and masdar of form IV  israa'   like islam or ihsan

Salaam

Siin-Ra-Ya?

Siin-Ra-Ya = to travel during the night, to depart/pass. asra - to make anyone to travel by night, repair to an upland. sarat - highest point, summit. sariyyan - rivulet, fountain, stream, chief of the nation.

sara vb. (1)
impf. act. 89:4

sariy n.m. 19:24

asra vb. (4)
perf. act. 17:1
impv. 11:81, 15:65, 20:77, 26:52, 44:23

LL, V4, p: 79, 80  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=sry

good logic

Peace huruf.
I will use Qoran{
1- Abraham had a son called "Ishaq!, then a grandson called"Yaqub".
2_ Yaqub had sons "  Brothers of  Usuf" and they settled in "Misr" under the Kingdom of Misr /
3- Beni Israeel were first mentioned with Moses ,they were servants /slaves to the Pharoah of misr.

The common factor of Misr  and the sons of Yaqub settling there makes a "beni Yaqub" tribe living there and a "Beni Israeel" tribe being there years later at the time of Moses can only mean the two are the same tribe. 
Since Qoran switches to "Beni Israeel" at the time of Moses and does not specify who is Israeel one can conclude that Yaqub and Israeel must be the same person.
The only possibility I can get at.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

noshirk

Quote from: huruf on September 13, 2018, 09:07:15 AM
The name Isra'iil appears 43 times in the Qur'an, 42 of them as part of the compound Bani Isra'iil, and a single, lonely one time s the name by itself, in an enumeration after the name of Ibrahim. It appears as if the reaso for the lonely appearance would be to be able to then bring us the 42 times of the bani Isra'iil.

Salaam
You are probably speaking about this verse
19:58 Those are the ones whom God has blessed from among the prophets from the progeny of Adam, and those We carried with Noah, and from the progeny of Abraham and Israel, and from whom We have guided and chosen. When the revelations of the Almighty are recited to them, they fall down prostrating, and in tears.

But there is also this one

3:93 All the food was made lawful to the Children of Israel except what Israel forbade for himself before the Torah was sent down. Say: ?Bring the Torah and recite it if you are truthful.?

where Israel is presented as a "guy" who forbids things for himself without instructions from Allah. What a strange messenger ? isn't it ?

Now i will add questions.
It was said to us that "arabs" are descent to a "guy" called Ismail, son of a woman called hagar.
the question is why Quran never speaks to banu ismaeel and prefers to adress the banu israeel ?
why Quran dont relates us story about "ismael", what he did and his family ?

Another linked question.
If Allah have only one deen that is islam, and if all messengers before Muhammah were muslims and if Allah never mention a religion called judaism then:

what is judaism ?
who are Jews in quran if this word exist in Quran ? and if not exists then who are yahood and who are allathina hadoo ?

of course i have also my responses but it will be difficult to accept for readers here and it will be difficult to expose without bible and history and with only quran. it is really a hard work to expose all.
let say that in what we call now "muslims", there is banu israel, there is also yahood and there is also allathina hadoo.

5:101 O you who believe, do not ask about things which, if clarified, would harm you - and if you ask about them with the Qur?an being revealed, then they will become clear to you. God pardons for them, and God is Forgiving, Compassionate.

Peace

noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

The Sardar

Bikrun

Salam,

10:90 clearly affirms that banii Israila are muslimima when Firaun says so:

10:90 And We helped the Children of Israel cross the sea, and Pharaoh and his soldiers followed them out of hatred and animosity. But when he was certain to drown, he said: "I believe that there is no god except the One in whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am of those who have submitted (muslimina).

(And btw i think it is the only moment when "bani" is used in nominative (banuu) regarding "bani Israila").

And I cant recall any verse stating that banii Israila are the yahudu, but as other brothers pointed out, in 19:58 and 3:93 he seems to be a person named beside Abraham, before the revelation of Tawra who had descendants (i dont know in which sense).

Brother Noshrik I encourage you to share your knowledge and point of view. It would be really interesting. Thank you
42:43    And for he who is patient and forgives, then that is an indication of strength