News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Salat With Eyes Shut

Started by Neptin, August 26, 2018, 01:25:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neptin

As a traditionalist, I never understood why Christians shut their eyes in prayers. Where I grew, many traditionalists found this ridiculous about Christians.

Anyway, I've experimented closing my eyes during salat recently. It's more holistic. It helps sharpen focus or concentration.

Aside keeping away any visual distraction, the is something about shutting the eyes that seem to channel more energy toward sticking the mind to God.

What do you think? Anyone tried this? I'd highly recommend it.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
[url=http://flamesoftruth.wordpress.com]Flames Of Truth[/url]

huruf

Yes, true, but the opposite is also true. I think it is an open possibility. e do not have to be bound to either or ans suit ourselves and our moment.

Salaam

abdouallahi

In Sura 4 verse 102 So they are from behind you and the reason that they are in a state of war until they reach and protect themselves at the same time they have to be divided into two groups, the first group is praying,
A and their position will be in the back to protect the team who is praying from the back. The group who prayed is to pray and protect himself by observing what is happening in front of him and not only by leaving his eyes open

And if we are in the houses, we need a place dedicated to prayer, which is named by God in the Koran mih-rab (prayer chamber) is a place can not accommodate only for three people at most and there is nothing in the furniture until the focus in prayer and there is no need to close our eyes

The word Khashi-oun means that we do not do any movement in prayer and even the eyes are shuted except bowing and prostrating

Novice

Quote from: abdouallahi on August 27, 2018, 12:14:01 PM
In Sura 4 verse 102 So they are from behind you and the reason that they are in a state of war until they reach and protect themselves at the same time they have to be divided into two groups, the first group is praying,
A and their position will be in the back to protect the team who is praying from the back. The group who prayed is to pray and protect himself by observing what is happening in front of him and not only by leaving his eyes open

Who was commanded to lead the prayer in 4:102? Did he keep standing on prayer mat while second group was switching their position with the first group?

And if we are in the houses, we need a place dedicated to prayer, which is named by God in the Koran mih-rab (prayer chamber) is a place can not accommodate only for three people at most and there is nothing in the furniture until the focus in prayer and there is no need to close our eyes

You mean like Hindus have a corner in their houses for worshiping their gods.

The word Khashi-oun means that we do not do any movement in prayer and even the eyes are shuted except bowing and prostrating

أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ

Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become motionless for the zikar of Allah?

would it be a proper translation using your definition of "khashia"?

Rilum

Salaam.
I guess it one can try that out, I am not sure if I did shut my eyes during an entire salat.

Salaam.

abdouallahi

you said (Who was commanded to lead the prayer in 4:102? Did he keep standing on prayer mat while second group was switching their position with the first group?)

God says that shortening is a reduction from the time of prayer because the prayer is a period of time in the evidence of the verse:
( إِنَّ الصَّلاةَ كَانَتْ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ كِتَاباً مَوْقُوتاً) (سورة النساء: من الآية 103)
If the prayer is obligatory for the believers at sunset, which is approximately 20 minutes long, it is equivalent to reading 10 pages of the Koran. The Messenger of Allah pray for the full time and either the first group. When the Messenger of Allah read the first 5 pages, they kneel and then prostrate, so they prayed, but their prayers were short and the Messenger of Allah remains standing until the second group comes and he reads other 5 pages of the Koran for the second group

you said (You mean like Hindus have a corner in their houses for worshiping their gods.)

Have you seen the people of Tibet They fall to the jaws of prostration exactly as God said in the Koran and do not put their foreheads on the ground when the insured believes fall to the jaws of prostration, is it said that he followed the Tibetans in prostration or say that the Tibetans agree the Koran in prostration ????????
you said (أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ
Has the time not come for those who have believed that their hearts should become motionless for the zikar of Allah?
would it be a proper translation using your definition of "khashia"?)

(وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنَّكَ تَرَى الْأَرْضَ خَاشِعَةً فَإِذَا أَنْزَلْنَا عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ اهْتَزَّتْ وَرَبَتْ إِنَّ الَّذِي أَحْيَاهَا لَمُحْيِي الْمَوْتَى إِنَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ) (سورة فصلت: 39)
This verse shows us the true meaning of the word khashi-oun is the opposite of vibration and also the words of God
(أَبْصَارُهَا خَاشِعَةٌ) (سورة النازعات: 9)
The interpretation of which is in the words of Allaah:
(مُهْطِعِينَ مُقْنِعِي رُؤُوسِهِمْ لا يَرْتَدُّ إِلَيْهِمْ طَرْفُهُمْ وَأَفْئِدَتُهُمْ هَوَاءٌ) (سورة إبراهيم: 43)
Do not turn back to them the meaning of their eyes are humbled eyes always remain open
In the case of fear or anxiety or heart disease in general, we find that the speed of the heart is increasing and the opposite, where the heart rate is regular and not accelerated and not only in the normal state of sleep or tranquility and other and the best is at all is the mention of God

Novice

Quote from: abdouallahi on August 28, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
you said (Who was commanded to lead the prayer in 4:102? Did he keep standing on prayer mat while second group was switching their position with the first group?)

God says that shortening is a reduction from the time of prayer because the prayer is a period of time in the evidence of the verse:
( إِنَّ الصَّلاةَ كَانَتْ عَلَى الْمُؤْمِنِينَ كِتَاباً مَوْقُوتاً) (سورة النساء: من الآية 103)
If the prayer is obligatory for the believers at sunset, which is approximately 20 minutes long, it is equivalent to reading 10 pages of the Koran. The Messenger of Allah pray for the full time and either the first group. When the Messenger of Allah read the first 5 pages, they kneel and then prostrate, so they prayed, but their prayers were short and the Messenger of Allah remains standing until the second group comes and he reads other 5 pages of the Koran for the second group

Brother do you have any plans to write a new translation of Quran and also history of the prophet Muhammad? Please do not forget to mention the size of pages that prophet read in each raka.

Quote from: abdouallahi on August 28, 2018, 10:55:08 AM
you said (You mean like Hindus have a corner in their houses for worshiping their gods.)

Have you seen the people of Tibet They fall to the jaws of prostration exactly as God said in the Koran and do not put their foreheads on the ground when the insured believes fall to the jaws of prostration, is it said that he followed the Tibetans in prostration or say that the Tibetans agree the Koran in prostration ????????
you said (أَلَمْ يَأْنِ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا أَنْ تَخْشَعَ قُلُوبُهُمْ لِذِكْرِ اللَّهِ
would it be a proper translation using your definition of "khashia"?)

(وَمِنْ آيَاتِهِ أَنَّكَ تَرَى الْأَرْضَ خَاشِعَةً فَإِذَا أَنْزَلْنَا عَلَيْهَا الْمَاءَ اهْتَزَّتْ وَرَبَتْ إِنَّ الَّذِي أَحْيَاهَا لَمُحْيِي الْمَوْتَى إِنَّهُ عَلَى كُلِّ شَيْءٍ قَدِيرٌ) (سورة فصلت: 39)
This verse shows us the true meaning of the word khashi-oun is the opposite of vibration and also the words of God
(أَبْصَارُهَا خَاشِعَةٌ) (سورة النازعات: 9)
The interpretation of which is in the words of Allaah:
(مُهْطِعِينَ مُقْنِعِي رُؤُوسِهِمْ لا يَرْتَدُّ إِلَيْهِمْ طَرْفُهُمْ وَأَفْئِدَتُهُمْ هَوَاءٌ) (سورة إبراهيم: 43)
Do not turn back to them the meaning of their eyes are humbled eyes always remain open
In the case of fear or anxiety or heart disease in general, we find that the speed of the heart is increasing and the opposite, where the heart rate is regular and not accelerated and not only in the normal state of sleep or tranquility and other and the best is at all is the mention of God

How long you can have your eyes open in one stretch brother?

abdouallahi

Quote from: Novice on August 28, 2018, 07:12:28 PM
Brother do you have any plans to write a new translation of Quran and also history of the prophet Muhammad? Please do not forget to mention the size of pages that prophet read in each raka.

It is not my objective to invent a new translation but to return to the Koran without tafasir.
and I think nowhere can confirm that he has all the truth
For the number of pages I speak of my book that I have and that it is 600 pages I made for my interlocutor understands me better

Quote from: Novice on August 28, 2018, 07:12:28 PM

How long you can have your eyes open in one stretch brother?

For the eyes I speak of not shut them in prayer and leave them open as we wake up in the day and then we close them to fall asleep