Author Topic: Quran says time travel is possible??  (Read 140 times)

Murad

• Beginner/Inquirer
Quran says time travel is possible??
« on: July 28, 2018, 07:15:44 AM »
Hello

What do you guys think of Verse 27:40 ?

قَالَ الَّذِي عِندَهُ عِلْمٌ مِّنَ الْكِتَابِ أَنَا آتِيكَ بِهِ قَبْلَ أَن يَرْتَدَّ إِلَيْكَ طَرْفُكَ ۚ فَلَمَّا رَآهُ مُسْتَقِرًّا عِندَهُ قَالَ هَـٰذَا مِن فَضْلِ رَبِّي لِيَبْلُوَنِي أَأَشْكُرُ أَمْ أَكْفُرُ ۖ وَمَن شَكَرَ فَإِنَّمَا يَشْكُرُ لِنَفْسِهِ ۖ وَمَن كَفَرَ فَإِنَّ رَبِّي غَنِيٌّ كَرِيمٌ

Said he who possessed knowledge of the Book, 'I will bring it to you, before ever your glance returns to you.' Then, when he saw it settled before him, he said, 'This is of my Lord's bounty that He may try me, whether I am thankful or ungrateful. Whosoever gives thanks gives thanks only for his own soul's good, and whosoever is ungrateful -- my Lord is surely All-sufficient, All-generous.'

If "glance" is understood as "photons," doesn't this mean that it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light? If yes, wouldn't this also mean that it's possible to travel backwards in time?

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: Quran says time travel is possible??
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2018, 08:21:29 AM »
I think it's best if you check the root word & the context of the verse like 10 to 15 before & after 27:40.

The root word of Tarfuka (طرفك)

Tay-Ra-Fa (ط ر ف) = attack the extremity of the enemy's lines, chose a thing, extremity, edge, lateral/adjacent/outward part, side, border, end, newly acquired, proximity, fringes.
leaders/thinkers/scholars, best of the fruits.
Look from outer angle of eye, twinkle in eye, putting eyelids in motion, looking, glance, blinking, raise/open eyes, hurt the eye and make it water.
descend from an ancient family, noble man in respect of ancestry.

tarafa vb. (1) n.vb. 14:43, 27:40, 37:48, 38:52, 42:45, 55:56

taraf. n.m. (pl. atraf) 3:127, 11:114, 13:41, 20:130, 21:44

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2018, 08:31:37 AM »
Peace Murad.
What is time?
From our perspective time only runs forward like a river, but does it?
Imagine space and time ,our universe. is everything there from the big bang or is there something missing?
If we travel back in time ,the universe from many billions of years ago is still there, so why not time?
 From other perspective ,like GOD s ,time is all there existing, the past, present and future. GOD does not need to travel at all to be in a certain time .
Science now believe galaxies are moving away from each other by more than the speed of light due to the expansion of our universe?
Yes, I do not think we know what is time yet? Science and the future will shed more light on this, hopefully.
Will we ever be able to travel faster than the speed of light in our physical body is doubtful, but in other dimensions other beings may be able to do so.
Remember, live pictures from across the globe are travelling by more than the speed of light. They are instantly transmitted!
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2018, 03:34:19 PM »

If "glance" is understood as "photons," doesn't this mean that it's possible to travel faster than the speed of light? If yes, wouldn't this also mean that it's possible to travel backwards in time?

peace brother.

its easy to grasp. therez something already in our perception as we know the speed of light = 186000 mps the one who created that speed can create anything related with speed and velocity.

second part is it possible to go back to time.
again for the one who created time and space can recreate it without any hurdle but here we are sharing the time and space so for this period of time we cant change the laws that are perfectly design for human being to work on it.

so not possible for human at present nature of universe what we percieve but again if human got a formula to go back to time let say whatever einstien say that if you roll the heavens u can control the time but who will gona roll it ? and how ? we dnt even know the size of universe. thats why its beyond human abilities to do it.

about the verse its reffering to the advancement in technology and there were some parties telling him that we can do it in that much time even a blink of eye consume a time may b tenth part of second so the verse got nothing to do with going back to time 

the glimpse of this verse can b understood by todays technology
sending something by courier = 1 day
sending something online = one second u got it  ;)

blessing in the name of God

SO which of the MIRACLES/MARVELS of your Lord you will deny
55:55.

Rilum

• Apprentice
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2018, 07:51:02 AM »
Salam and Hello,
maybe it is just an idiom.

Salam

Abdul-Hadi

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2018, 07:55:19 AM »
Greetings and Peace, all  :group:

Scientists made photons go 310 times faster than the speed of light 18 years ago.

https://abcnews.go.com/Technology/story?id=99113&page=1

Scientists have also succeeded in making light move slower in a vacuum than the so-called constant for the speed of light.

https://phys.org/news/2016-03-optical-slower.html

Of course some other particles can move faster than the speed of light in a particular medium. Cherenkov radiation comes to mind.

My understanding of 27:40 is that the Almighty is not governed by what we consider to be the "laws" of science.

2:117 Initiator of the heavens and the earth, when He decrees a command, He merely says to it: "Be,' and it is.

From a perspective of scientific theory, the speed of light doesn't have anything to do with time travel. That's just a trope.

ISA, time travel is possible. I surmise that not only is energy and mass related (931.5 MeV per u), but energy and space time are also related. ISA one day we will succeed in displacing space time with focused energy. The thing is, the energy necessary to displace space time would also be capable of disassociating matter--you'd have to "cut a hole" around the matter. I postulate that any mass displaced in space time would have to be replaced with the exact same mass--else the theory of conservation of energy just found an exception. Evidence for the theory of relation of energy and space time? How about black holes exploding, the "Big Bang", and expanding universe. Black holes may very well explode because the energy "congeals" into space time until the pressure overcomes the forces holding the black hole together. I don't agree with the theory of the Big Bang--I think that was only a black hole exploding. In any case, where did the space time come from if not from the explosion? An expanding universe also supports the theory that space time is interchangeable with energy.

Thought experiment: the energy in a watch battery is enough to time travel. The thing is, the area of effect would be much much smaller than the nucleus of an atom. It isn't necessarily the amount of energy involved, it is the amount of focus/energy density.

Anyway, enough of my ramblings.

ALLAH knows best.

:peace:

~Abdul-Hadi