Author Topic: Question about Hijab  (Read 292 times)

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Question about Hijab
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2018, 11:40:22 PM »
Salam!

Please do not mix two different things.

Head cover or outer garment to cover bosoms [see 24:31] has nothing to do with 'Hijab'.
Hijab means 'screen' or 'partition'. Hijab was ordered only to the wives of the Prophet. [see 33:53].

I think head covers were used by almost all men and women of Arabia in order to avoid desert sun. It had nothing to do with traditions or fashion either.

May ALLAH bless you!

Just a little clarification, the hijab was not ordered to the wives of the prophet but to those who came to the wives of the prophet for some errand or need, so that the wives were the least incommodated.
Part of the whole endeavour the the prophet's and his wives time an intimay were not taken wholly away by the needs of his followers.

Salaam

TellMeTheTruth

• Beginner/Inquirer
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2018, 12:52:53 AM »
Just a little clarification, the hijab was not ordered to the wives of the prophet but to those who came to the wives of the prophet for some errand or need, so that the wives were the least incommodated.
Part of the whole endeavour the the prophet's and his wives time an intimay were not taken wholly away by the needs of his followers.

Salaam

Salam sister huruf! Where do you think a screen/partition could have been placed/hanged/erected? Do you think that the visitors had to carry something to screen themselves from the wives of the Prophet every time they had to ask them something? It does not seem practical to me.
I think a screen/partition was already present/arranged in 'the house' after this Ayat's revelation, either by the Prophet himself or by his wives, who are focused and addressed/commanded indirectly.
Hope you understand my point since I am not very good in English.

Peace!

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2018, 04:39:01 AM »
Salam sister huruf! Where do you think a screen/partition could have been placed/hanged/erected? Do you think that the visitors had to carry something to screen themselves from the wives of the Prophet every time they had to ask them something? It does not seem practical to me.
I think a screen/partition was already present/arranged in 'the house' after this Ayat's revelation, either by the Prophet himself or by his wives, who are focused and addressed/commanded indirectly.
Hope you understand my point since I am not very good in English.

Peace!
In fact the wives of the propet are not ordered anything, it is those we want to ask something from them who are ordered to do so behind a hijab. The ladies are not ordered anything at all.

As to who put it up, I do not think it is that what matters, a worker could have donet, does not matter.

But because we are speaking about the "today's hijab" which is not the Qur'an hijab and there has been a lot of pushing to make it appear as a duty for women for the convenience of males so that they are not tempted by de "beauty" of the females, I wanted to have it stated that the qura'nic hijab is ordered not as something for the ladies, but for those who want to request anything from them. No order is there for the wives to keep behind a hijab but for those who want something from the women who I guess, since nothing is said otherwise that they may be male or female. Even more likely to be female. 

Salaam

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2018, 04:58:07 AM »
Peace reel,

Hijab is actually not just an Arab thing, but a Middle Eastern thing in general. Most Middle Eastern cultures have some sort of headwear, which was incorporated into their religions. (That's why you will also find thing similar to the hijab as part of Christianity and Judaism).

That being said, I do agree that the hijab is not truly part of Islam. I don't wear it either, because it is mentioned nowhere in the Quran. (It's not even hinted at, lol).

It is a weather thing made to appear Islamic.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj