Author Topic: Protests in Denmark as 'burqa ban' comes into effect  (Read 3150 times)

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
Re: Protests in Denmark as 'burqa ban' comes into effect
« Reply #30 on: August 04, 2018, 08:33:32 AM »
More women will wear niqab to get back at the government?

?Get back at the government? Anybody when imosed upon wants to reassert that he or she is a person just like anybody else with his or her rights, so people or women who may not have thought or wanted to wear hijab or nicab or anything that is being borbiden will jump and wear simply because they are telling whoever likes to act as a tyran that they are just as soverign as anybody else.

What do you think I would do y if they forced to wear hijab, comply? only if they were going to shoot me next, but other than that, I don't know hoe you can double non hijab, but if there was a way to double it I would do.

The question you seem not be be digesting it is that it is not a question of clothing but a question of sovereignty, and that if I agree that some people are now divested of it, there is no barrier that will stop them from getting at my sovereignty. THAT IS THE QUESTION, not clothes.

And that is why islamophobia loves to bring up those questions because using them, somewhere along the line will get at the soverignty of everybody.

What goes around comes around and the system of government that is islamophobia is not hiding recisely where it is leading us. Now we almost have to strip at airports, no to speak of other disgusting things that happens int hem and which is turning travelling in not always a pleasant experience but rather in an obstacle track.

Women are not children that have to be dressed by some grown up, we should not tolerate that, neither from these or from those.

Salaam

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2018, 09:31:35 AM »
OK. Thanks. I guess I've learnt certain things from here, even though I still lean towards the ban.

I've been reading anecdotes of women in niqab complaining of discrimination in work place even where there is no ban on niqab.

I think we must respect everyone, but just as  individual preferences for dress must be tolerated, I believe people's preference for individuals dressing in a certain way over another way has to be tolerated.

What am saying is that not every claim of discrimination is really discrimination. An employer may decide not to hire women wearing conspicuous religious symbols. This is preference, not necessarily discrimination.

Discrimination is rude stares, remarks and physical abuse.

PS: I think the niqab itself can be said to be discriminatory. Since the wearer decides only those few who get to see her, she is discriminating against those she hides her face from.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #32 on: August 04, 2018, 10:00:51 AM »
I was in Cairo for a while three or four years ago or may be some more, I saw many women with nicab. I really can't say anything bad about them. Those with whom I sat together at a sports club were extremely friendly.

The several times I took the underground, nicabis ladies got up to give me their seat.

I dislike nicab and I would have liked to see the face of the women that were so courteous and friendly, the opposite of the angry or bitter women that the idea of the nicab may conjure up in our minds.

Which goes to show that people are people above all are themselves, individuals, we cannot deal with them as buttons in a box the same one as the next.

I still dislike nicab and I am sure there are women who wear it somberly and unhappily, but I have had no occasion to suffer them. So, if we people are going to keep some sanity and happiness we must be ready to meet any time somebody who undoes our pre-conceived ideas. There may be a thousand personalities under a thousand nicabs. It is not a nicab for all. The same as those of us who show our faces and hairs, we are individuals, not clothes and we have to judge each person as each person, we are not collections.

Certainly, certain atmospheres make it easier for certain personalities to develop armonically or the opposite, and that is interesting and to bear in mind, that we must no forget that we are all different and every occasion is also different from other ocassion. But while we do have tastes and ideas different from each other, I need to have the trust that the person who has ideas different or opposite to mine will be able to get along with them as well as I get with mine. That is creation, we cannot be God, but since we are many and so diverse we may emulate at the most humble level the greatness of God by which everything lives.

Going back to the nicab i found those ladies I talk about, in a way playful. They were enjoyng the fact of seeing without being seen, they did.
Fair? Well we could do as much and wear nicab around them or simply snatch the nicab fromtheir faces, which to me seems too extreme and there is no way that I would do it, as unlikely as me wering  nicab . They will grow over it and will find more interesting things along their lives, I think, but no need for anybody to get angry.

Just personal tastes.

In a way I think tht the hijab is worse than the nicab in the sense that somehow the hijab club has managed to induce in many minds the idea that indeed it is God ordered. But again, we cannot act as overseers of anybody or any woman.

We have to trust that every woman, as every male, has a brain and a self-preserving instinct.

Salaam   

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +6/-2
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2018, 10:25:36 AM »
Peace Neptin.

I hope you can see the difference now. We are not discussing burqa ,we all have opinions about burqa  . we are discussing "banning" the burqa. There is a big difference between the two topics.
Banning the burqa is imposing our choice  on others and taking someone s right.  That was my point.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/

Neptin

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-1
« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2018, 10:53:19 AM »
Quote from: huruf
Going back to the nicab i found those ladies I
talk about, in a way playful. They were
enjoyng the fact of seeing without being
seen, they did.

Good for you. As a man I feel most women in niqab don't want attention from men. So, I go out of my way to avert them.

In a way I think tht the hijab is worse than the nicab in the sense that somehow the
hijab club has managed to induce in many
minds the idea that indeed it is God ordered.

Yeah, right? It's become a stereotype and minimum bar of modesty for Muslim women.
But we're stuck with it, nothing we can do about it.
Reclaiming Islam from extremism;
Flames Of Truth

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +1/-1
« Reply #35 on: August 04, 2018, 11:50:25 AM »
Well, I think also in hijab there is an ingresient of fashion, and nothing lasts forever least of all fashion so I think it will ebb some. An depending on other things may be more than we can forsee now. At any rate I think it has reached its peak.

Salaam