About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Ending over reliance upon hadith

Started by Incognito, June 28, 2018, 05:11:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Sardar

Quote from: NewFrenzy on July 09, 2018, 04:54:38 AM
  :'( :'( Sadly it's the opposite.
I think it may be true that quran is a A liturgical christian book translated to arabic with some additions so that arab may understand it but they barely understood.
A linguistic christian book? Additions?  I have no idea how you came to that conclusion at all. I honestly beginning to think you are assuming things. How exactly is this opposite if reading the Qur'an in context.

NewFrenzy

Quote from: The Sardar on July 09, 2018, 04:59:19 AM
A linguistic christian book? Additions?  I have no idea how you came to that conclusion at all. I am beginning to think you are assuming things. How exactly is this opposite if read the Qur'an in context.

Al-Baqarah 2:158
Indeed, as-Safa and al-Marwah are among the symbols of Allah . So whoever makes Hajj to the House or performs 'umrah - there is no blame upon him for walking between them. And whoever volunteers good - then indeed, Allah is appreciative and Knowing.

Keep reading the context.

The Sardar

Quote from: NewFrenzy on July 09, 2018, 05:25:04 AM
Al-Baqarah 2:158
Indeed, as-Safa and al-Marwah are among the symbols of Allah . So whoever makes Hajj to the House or performs 'umrah - there is no blame upon him for walking between them. And whoever volunteers good - then indeed, Allah is appreciative and Knowing.

Keep reading the context.
The word "umrah" in that translation that you are using is an addition, the arabic word is actually iAAtamara (اعتمر)

Ayn-Miim-Ra (ع م ر) = to inhabit, dwell, mend, repair/revive, tend, build, promote, cultivate, make habitable, to make better, to develop, populate, to serve/uphold/observe/regard, to visit, to colonize, aimed at it, frequently visit, a visit in which is the cultivation of love/affection, repairing to an inhabited place.
perform a sacred visitation, minor pilgrimmage, pilgrimmage with fewer rites.
to remain alive (save life), to live, life, age, long-life, old-age.

'Amara (prf. 3rd. p, m. plu.): They inhabited, populated.
Ya'muru (imp. 3rd. m. sing.): He mends, keeps in a good and flourishing state.
Ya'muruu (imp. 3rd. m. plu. final Nun dropped). They keep in a good and flourishing state.
Nu'ammir: (Imp. 1st. plu. juss. II.): We grant long life.
Yu'ammar (pip. 3rd. m. sing. II): You be given a long life.
I'tamara (prf. 3rd. m. sing. VIII.): He did 'umrah.
Ista'mara (prf. 3rd. m. sing. X.): He made (you) dwell.
'Amrun: Life.
'Umuran (n. acc.): Life-time.
'Umurun (n. nom.)
Imaaratun (v, n.): Keeping in a good and flourishing state.
Ma'muur (pct. Pic.): Much frequented.
Mu'ammar (pis. pic. vb. II.): Goodman.
'Imraan: proper name.

amara vb. (I) - perf. act. 30:9 x2, impf. act. 9:17, 9:18, pcple. pass. 52:4,
amr n.m. 15:72,
imarah n.f. 9:19,
imran n. prop. 3:33, 3:35, 66:12,
umrah n.f. 2:196 x2,
umur n.m. 10:16, 16:70, 21:44, 22:5, 26:18, 28:45, 35:11,

ammara vb. (II) - impf. act. 35:37, 36:68, impf. pass. 2:96, 35:11, pcple. pass. 35:11,

itamara vb. (VIII) - 2:158,

istamara vb. (X) - perf. act. 11:61

Lane's Lexicon, Volume 5, pages: 438, 439, 440, 441, 442  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=emr

SarahY

There are many reasons to rely on hadith.  Relying on hadith makes you part of the team, not many people want to be loners.

Besides if you don?t rely on hadith and that?s all you know it?ll question everything you believed. That?s a little mind boggling and distressing. So why go down that path when it?s easier to follow what so and so says. Why question your beliefs and have people criticise your faith or claim you to be weak.

Relying on hadith is in a way a comfort, a safety zone, and an enjoyment of the bliss of ignorance.

Quote from: NewFrenzy on July 08, 2018, 10:20:42 PM
Quran. She is incomplete without him. He is made for her. When she was alone she couldn't satisfy her customers.
Maybe for some customers perspectives although ones desire doesn't prove anything.

There is no proof or systematic way in which hadith explains or should I say "completes" the Quran.
We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?

good logic

Peace All.
When Qoran is pondered deeply, one finds  we have no need of any other source apart from the only true source, GOD Alone.
First , the source of all knowledge is GOD, as acknowledged by Angels:
2:32
They said, "Be You glorified, we have no knowledge, except that which You have taught us. You are the Omniscient, Most Wise."
قالوا سُبحٰنَكَ لا عِلمَ لَنا إِلّا ما عَلَّمتَنا إِنَّكَ أَنتَ العَليمُ الحَكيمُ

Second: GODs message/words are sufficient, human s words are not required for salvation :
2:37
Then, Adam received from his Lord words, whereby He redeemed him. He is the Redeemer, Most Merciful.
فَتَلَقّىٰ ءادَمُ مِن رَبِّهِ كَلِمٰتٍ فَتابَ عَلَيهِ إِنَّهُ هُوَ التَّوّابُ الرَّحيمُ

Similarly GOD has given us Qoran ,(GOD s words) ,specific and sufficient for us if we really believe GOD.
End of reliance on anything else.
GOD bless you all.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

TellMeTheTruth

Salam Everyone!

I have a few simple questions to all:
Did 'the Prophet' fully understood the message of Quran? He acted upon it accurately or not?

If your answer is yes, then please share the evidence and some examples of his actions, which were exactly in accordance with the Qura'n.
If no, and if it is only Allah who makes us understand the message, then please let know why everyone has a different understanding?

Thank you in advance!

May Allah guide and bless all the truth seekers!

good logic

Peace TellMeTheTruth.
We can only know for sure what Qoran tells us about the prophet.
Even if someone answers your question with "yes"(And they would be lying to you, in my opinion!) ,the prophet is now dead and cannot explain his understanding to us, so it becomes irrelevant.
The question that we should ask ourselves is:
Is Qoran now the same one sent with the prophet? If the answer is yes:
Then ,we should study /ponder it ourselves and act on it as best we can understand it. That is what is required of us.
Whether people understand it differently or argue about what it is saying is part of what GOD has intended with it. Our true conviction must be tried and tested.
The prophet and his generation were also arguing and understanding it differently according to their intentions and aims.
GOD said that  "The true from the false " must be filtered/distingushed as far as the humans are concerned. Therefore divisions and disagreements must follow in all the generations.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

TellMeTheTruth

Salam good logic!

I think I asked simple questions first and expected a simple answer, i.e., yes or no. I wonder why you are not confident enough to say a big simple "NO" since you know/think that the people answering 'yes' would be liars.
Quote from: good logic on July 12, 2018, 02:34:25 PM
Even if someone answers your question with "yes"(And they would be lying to you, in my opinion!) ,the prophet is now dead and cannot explain his understanding to us, so it becomes irrelevant.
what becomes irrelevant? my question or your answer?

Peace

TellMeTheTruth

Is Qoran now the same one sent with the prophet? If the answer is yes:
Then ,we should study /ponder it ourselves and act on it as best we can understand it. That is what is required of us.
Whether people understand it differently or argue about what it is saying is part of what GOD has intended with it. Our true conviction must be tried and tested.
OK then let me now how you understand and act upon your understanding from Al-Quran. For example:
When you read "قل ھو اللہ احد". What do you understand?
"Say: He, Allah is One"
or "He, Allah is anyone"
or "He, Allah is unity"
PRLONLINE: Alif-Ha-Dal = make/call it one, unity, anyone/anything.

QuoteThe prophet and his generation were also arguing and understanding it differently according to their intentions and aims.
How do you know that?

Peace.

NewFrenzy

Quote from: TellMeTheTruth on July 12, 2018, 01:50:16 PM
Salam Everyone!

I have a few simple questions to all:
Did 'the Prophet' fully understood the message of Quran? He acted upon it accurately or not?

If your answer is yes, then please share the evidence and some examples of his actions, which were exactly in accordance with the Qura'n.
If no, and if it is only Allah who makes us understand the message, then please let know why everyone has a different understanding?

Thank you in advance!

May Allah guide and bless all the truth seekers!
This is not a simple question.