Author Topic: Did staff of Moses (AS) really turn into snake?  (Read 697 times)

NK

• Apprentice
Re: Did staff of Moses (AS) really turn into snake?
« Reply #20 on: June 26, 2018, 09:19:23 AM »
Peace Sardar,

I am not sure if you got the answer what you were looking for. The meaning of the word which you are looking for simply means condition or state but not physical as for physical condition Quran used a different word. I hope it helps.

Salam,
NK

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2018, 09:22:55 AM »
Peace Sardar,

I am not sure if you got the answer what you were looking for. The meaning of the word which you are looking for simply means condition or state but not physical as for physical condition Quran used a different word. I hope it helps.

Salam,
NK
Which arabic words in the verses? So i can find the root words in PRL. Sorry if i forgot, my memory is not the best sometimes.

NK

• Apprentice
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2018, 09:41:43 AM »
Peace IsaMuslim,

You have asked following questions in your post:

<<<If Moses did prepare the staff himself with magic, why was he scared when he threw it the first time?
Why does Allah ask Moses to use the staff when crossing the sea? Can mercury produce such a thing?
How did the golden calf use to emit sounds/cries? The Sumerian tells Aaron and Moses that "he noticed something that the others did not", so he grab soil from where Moses walked, and cast it into the calf. Most likeley, he saw the staff of Moses producing some kind of special effect.>>>

I will answer only those questions which are related to this topic. Other questions require lengthy answers.

First question: Moses did not prepare the staff. That is the point. He was herding the sheep in Maiden for 8 years and serpent was not an unusual experience for him. Like i said in my answer (if you get the chance to read it). Moses was brought up in Pharaoh's house. In their circle they knew the trick how to magically turn sticks into serpents. I have strong believe that this staff was given to him by his step-father who died later on. Like others, he was also an honourable member of their family. It was an unusual experience for Moses when he saw his staff moving like a serpent. Moses didn't know that the staff which he was carrying for herding the sheep had the potential to move like serpent when liquid mercury become hot but God knew. His reaction was very natural.

Second question: In Arabic staff also means congregation, people or nation. Staff has nothing to do with the sea. Sea recedes during high and low tides which is a natural phenomena. It is very common these days. For your reference please watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeCa3lwvQE

I hope it helps.

Salam,
NK

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #23 on: June 26, 2018, 09:44:35 AM »
In Arabic staff also means congregation, people or nation. Staff has nothing to do with the sea. Sea recedes during high and low tides which is a natural phenomena. It is very common these days. For your reference please watch the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeCa3lwvQE

I hope it helps.

Salam,
NK

Is this arabic word you are referring to?

Ayn-Sad-Waw = to strike with a stick. asiya/ya'sa - to take a stick, come together, collection, accumulation, amazing, gathering, assemblage, congregation. asa - staff, stick, rod, supports, nation, mastery, people, party, tongue, skin, bone. idrib bi asaka al hajer - strike with your staff on the rock, go forth with your people.

asa n.f. (pl. isiy) 2:60, 7:107, 7:117, 7:160, 20:18, 20:66, 26:32, 26:44, 26:45, 26:63, 27:10, 28:31

Lane's Lexicon, Volume 5, pages: 353, 354  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=eSw

NK

• Apprentice
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2018, 09:59:25 AM »
Peace Sardar,

Yes, you are right about the root word of Staff.

For the root word of "SIRAT", On the PRL i have found this:

Siin-Ya-Ra = to go, travel, be current, move, journey. sairun - the act of giving, journey. siratun - state/condition, make/form. sayyaratun - company of travellers, caravan.

sara vb. (1)
perf. act. 28:29
impf. act. 12:109, 22:46, 30:9, 35:44, 40:21, 40:82, 47:10, 52:10
impv. 3:137, 6:11, 16:36, 27:69, 29:20, 30:42, 34:18
n.vb. 34:18, 52:10

sayyarah n.f. 5:96, 12:10, 12:19

sirah n.f. 20:21

sayyara vb. (2) impf. act. 10:22, 18:47
perf. pass. 13:31, 78:20, 81:3

LL, V4, p: 207, 208  ##  http://ejtaal.net/aa/#q=syr

I hope this time i be able to explain it clearly. I have made the meaning in BOLD for your convenience.

Salam,
NK