Author Topic: Ramadhan  (Read 2551 times)

kaltun

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Ramadhan
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2018, 09:05:21 AM »
@jkhan

thx for your explanation...

love the idea that we  ( as human) could receive the highest level......

and indeed , if i look on my life, i am not holy , i have alot of sins  ( some of them i do it knowingly... why .... because its easy to give on the sins , than fight agains it)

In Sha Allah i ( or we ) will get guided to the straight path .........

May Allah guide us to the straight path

jkhan

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +4/-2
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2018, 11:43:36 PM »

What TIME TO FAST?
2:187 // It is made lawful for you to go in unto your wives on the night of the fast. They are raiment for you and ye are raiment for them. Allah is Aware that ye were deceiving yourselves in this respect and He hath turned in mercy toward you and relieved you. So hold intercourse with them and seek that which Allah hath ordained for you, and eat and drink until the white thread becometh distinct to you from the black thread of the dawn. Then strictly observe the fast till nightfall and touch them not, but be at your devotions in the Masjid. These are the limits imposed by Allah, so approach them not. Thus Allah expoundeth His revelation to mankind that they may ward off (evil).

Time to fast is from visible Fajr to Night fall(Lail) and not at Sunset(Magrib)?.simply fasting  is during Day (NAHAR) After white thread at Dawn till clearly nightfall it is NAHAR (day)?Start and End is identical point of times..  that?s so proving in quran.. Key here is the period between visible Fajr and Sun rise? that solves the issue.. that period is NAHAR? If one consider it to be Lail, then Sex is permitted while fasting till sun rise.. That?s contrary?This is applicable though, to where these features are in the world, and not every part of the world?But most of the world?s populated areas have these features except very sparsely populated areas? If Quran explanation of fasting is not possible in any part of the world, then they are exempted that?s clear by verse 2:184?
How many Days?
2:184 for days numbered (ayyamin Ma?dudath); and if any of you be sick, or if he be on a journey, then a number of other days; and for those who are able to fast, a redemption by feeding a poor man. Yet better it is for him who volunteers good, and that you should fast is better for you, if you but know;
(ayyamin Ma?dudath) Few days / Three to be minimum?
When to fast?
2:185 // the month of Ramadan, wherein the Koran was sent down to be a guidance to the people, and as clear signs of the Guidance and the Salvation. So let those of you, who are present at the month, fast it; and if any of you be sick, or if he be on a journey, then a number of other days; God desires ease for you, and desires not hardship for you; and that you fulfil the number, and magnify God that He has guided you, and haply you will be thankful.
The above verse is one of those verses so many have translated into various ways of their knowledge?
Let it remain in whatever the way it is translated? but what I have taken is KEY points?
2:189 They will question thee concerning the new moons (waxing and waning). Say: 'They are indication of times for the people, and the Pilgrimage? ?
 Key here is New moons (waxing and waning) benefit to people to indicate time + Haj.. Interestingly missing here is FASTING intentionally? for me if one month is to be fasted fasting must be included here as equally as Haj.. seeing the new moon for fasting and seeing the new moon again to end the fasting is so critical? excluded with intention coz fasting is not on new moon but in  Shahr (Full Moon) ? like the word ZAKAT is well accepted in arab society to be compulsory charity, meaning would have been manipulated.. ZAKAT is not at all a CHARITY in quran? with every context of the verse zakat it shows it is not CHARITY.. But even with difficulties true meaning of Quran for true believers cannot be kept hidden?
2:183 O you who believe! Observing As-Saum (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqun (the pious ).
As it was prescribed for those BEFORE YOU is key? Ramadhan is not the month, the Former were fasting, and Ramadhan is just a month of arabs (formed / invented from certain period which no one can ascertain). If the followers of Quran were asked to fast as it was prescribed for the Former then, Former should not change anything in the way they fast? that?s sensible? For that Only possibility is Full Moon.. for Full moon, no one has any connection of  any nations?/cultures invented  month/s?. Full moon is just another heavenly bodies which is common to anyone? It?s not an Arabic month or Aramaic or any other?Evidence are strong that no changes took place in the way it was fasted by the people of the book or Quran after revelation of this verse?. Just the same message is given to the believers of Quran as it would have been given to the People of the Book? Why all of a sudden, the former has to shift to the month of alleged Ramadhan, and what was wrong in the way they were fasting? Is it Arabic month a greater than Aramaic etc.? Or is it only the Quran revealed month a great one and not the books of God (Torah or Injeel or Sabur, etc.).. So it is clear the Ramadhan here is not month meant by God.. God Himself won?t confuse us by asking in the first place by saying Observe Fasting as it was prescribed for THOSE BEFORE YOU? Those before you is all those before revealing quran and specially those who fasted and who keeps fasting while quran is revealed but not with the assistance and guidance of quran they got the guidance, but other books of GOD? They were not in error? the following absolutely confirms that there were people of the book who were fasting but they were having sex in the night of Fast? 2:187 ???..Allah is Aware that  were deceiving yourselves in this respect and He hath turned in mercy toward you and relieved you. So hold intercourse with them?? ??   But God revealed clearly and removed what they were deceiving without choice, and made it lawful? It?s not a verse which can be applied to a one who is gonna fast first time? See with the advent of quran what changed; just practically allowed what they were doing without knowledge.. and not the time of fast or when to fast or how to fast? it all remained same as of Former and Later?This is why QURAN is called as confirmation of previous scripture?
In addition, for someone who take only Quran as guidance  and living at a very later time as us after quran?s revelation, is impossible here if Ramadhan is month of arabs? So here the one who takes only quran as source of law, would definitely has to dig deep to find out other sources to trace what is Ramadhan and which month it is according to the history and arabs?How reliable it could be? We don?t want to depend on history to follow quran? That?s obvious.. We only has to depend on quran itself  and it?s language and tone? Only thing is to get the meaning of Shahr Ramadhan to be precise as per the context of the verse and with comparison possibilities .. I wonder God would ever reveal a common thing such as fasting  for all believers regardless of nations and still wants to depend on other invented months of people rather than HIS Heavenly bodies..? God only will advise with His visible creations to depend on and not each and everyone?s month pattern and it?s names? For Me God has not mentioned any Arabic month names in quran, of course it is not required if the book of God is for whole world?. That may be the reason, God says Haj is in well known months? well known to whom? As it is well known, then no need of explaining what those months are?  But for me it is not well known and not even known? and not even important.. that?s a different topic?
Also 2:187 states ? ? ON THE NIGHT OF FASTING ? ? and not on the NIGHT OF MONTH OF RAMADHAN? which clearly shows ramadhan is not a month and fasting was prescribed for AYYAMIN MA?DUDATH (three to be minimum as per comparing verse 2:203 ?And remember God during certain days numbered(AYYAMIN MA?DUDATH). If any man hastens on in TWO DAYS, that is no sin in him; and if any delays, it is not a sin in him, if he be godfearing. And fear you God, and know that unto Him you shall be mustered.?) 2:80 & 3:24 refer? (NOTE: Shahr is mentioned in quran in many verses but not joined with SHAHR any Arabic month except alleged 2:185) as I stated zakat is manipulated to charity in quran translation, Shahr is only given as month in quran translation. Shahr Arabic can be month (lunar only) / Full Moon/ full cycle of Moon i.e. new moon to new moon)

2:184 ?for days numbered (ayyamin Ma?dudath); and if any of you be sick, or if he be on a journey, then a number of other days (AYYAMIN UKHRA) ?..?
The above verse indicates to fast the AYYAMIN MA?Dudath  in case of sick or journey in AYYAMIN UKHRA and not indicated as days other than Ramadhan or in any other months mentioned? it will leave the common man in dilemma in search of Arabic months.. it is not even stated as if you are on journey  or sick in  few days during the month of ramadhan once you are okay or finished travelling continue fasting in ramadhan then the missed number of days in Shawwal or before next ramadhan?  Instead it is clear while sick or Journey, the complete AYYAMIN MA?DUDATH to be replaced with AYYAMIN UKHRA?
2:185 ??. and desires not hardship for you ? ?
As per above verse God desires ease on us and not hardship? fasting one month is always  a hardship though people manages it.. But fasting few days is not at all and fasting every Full makes one involve in fasting throughout the year and remember GOD throughout and not yearly.. consecutive fasting always applied in quran as punishment for intentionally executed sins and not for righteousness?

Explore quran and get the guidance and follow what you understood with knowledge... That's my way... I have the answer to my Creator on the Day of Resurrection saying In the end i only followed what YOU guided me with your book.....

armom

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #22 on: June 10, 2018, 06:55:45 AM »
If you could get all the benefits of fasting and make a PILL you would be a billionaire  :yeah:

Just fast brother. That's a super thing. I am not only talking about Ramadan. I fast all the time to maintain the best shape of my life and also to learn self discipline. Fasting has benefited me alot.

But the timings are given in the Quran for Ramadan fasting.

You may eat and drink until the white thread becomes distinguishable to you from the dark thread at dawn. Then you shall maintain the fast until the night. 2:187

In ramadan, I follow the local timings as they are mostly correct about the timing for ramadan.

But as in usual days, I sometimes fast 16 hours and sometimes fast 24 hours. Sometimes I fast for over 48 hours. That really depends on what I am looking to get from fasting. :-)

Have a safe/healthy/great day  :peace: