News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Can anyone name a few Imams or Muslim speakers who are anti-hadith?

Started by malsi, June 13, 2018, 12:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

malsi

Hi. In my down time, when I'm unable to focus on reading, I tend to watch and listen to videos for entertainment. A lot of the time, I'm interested in the subject of my entertainment videos and audio still being about God or the Qur'an in some way.

For this reason, I'm searching for the biggest list I can of Imams or Islamic Scholars or just Muslim speakers who reject the authenticity of hadith.

It is not that I am seeking to further my understanding of this "anti-hadith" mindset. It is more that I would love to hear khutbas about God, not hadiths. I would love to hear sermons, if you will, about God and the Qur'an instead of hadith. And it's always nice to hear a passionate speaker discuss things I can learn from, and things I know but tend not to focus on regularly.
It's always nice to hear passionate speakers remind you of all these positive things in life which God gives. It's a wonderful way to fill your time when you're not doing anything else and your mind just isn't suited for reading due to circumstances and focus.

The problem I find with looking up Muslim speakers, and khutbas is that 99% of them are not just those who follow hadiths, but that almost all of the content are from hadith. Almost all of the positive vibes, the advice, and the knowledge being shared is all about hadiths. Even if you look up the stories of prophets (Adam, Noah, etc), the majority of this is from Hadith even though the stories of these prophets survive perfectly without hadith. Almost all Muslim content that I come across online for the sake of watching or listening is all about hadith information which doesn't benefit me. So that means the greatest majority of the content I can find online is non-beneficial for me as I do not accept the hadith.

I know of few speakers, such as Muhammad Sheik, but all of his talks are in pretty terrible quality and I have trouble understanding his English due to audio quality.

I'm looking for just any names or lists of people that you guys know of that do interviews, or do talks, or do khutbahs, or even podcasts, or youtube videos speaking about the Qur'an and God (without focusing all of the content on hadith stories).

Rilum

Amra94

Two that I know of are Shabir Ally and Adnan Ibrahim. They're not Quran alone but both speak out against controversial hadiths.

Wakas

All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

imrankhawaja

peace malsi,

i ll suggest you to watch the videos of javed ahmed ghamidi

i listen lot of speakers including zakir naik but when things come to hadith they become defender of hadith in a illogical manner

this perosn is brave enough to talk from his mind after ghulam ahmed pervaiz who dare to speak the false doctrines and things that go against hadith

you ll gona enjoy watching his videos
he also disagree of jesus second coming and he answer that in very logical way with using the verses of quran even (late)ghulam ahmed pervaiz cant do it in his times

most of his videos i see are not going against quran at a slightiest level but he always weight and balance the hadith with proper channel becoz people started calling him quranist which he always deny so he tells them the truth about how hadith work indeed a brilliant mind he have

lena953

Maybe Khaled Abou El Fadl. He is not an quran alone Muslim, but he is sceptical about many hadiths especially those about women. Some of his friday khutbahs are about god alone.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVWvHIPRbck

reel

Quote from: The Sardar on June 14, 2018, 10:11:24 AM
Isn't the Aastana an materialist atheist group?

Oh I remember that site. Someone once posted a rebuttal to their arguments on reddit. I went over it and found out that the author misunderstood what the Astana person said.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Novice

Quote from: reel on June 15, 2018, 06:59:55 PM
Oh I remember that site. Someone once posted a rebuttal to their arguments on reddit. I went over it and found out that the author misunderstood what the Astana person said.

No one is perfect. Dr Qamar Zaman of Astana.com gave his understanding of Quran. We have to test his understanding with original text of Quran.

We can agree with what goes in line with Quran and reject what makes no sense in the light of Quran. This is my approach to any work related to Quran.

Salaam