News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Jesus was not crucified, he said "I will not die but live"

Started by Quranic Warners, May 07, 2018, 07:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John

PART 5 of 90 Verses says: Jesus is not God

1.   "The Bible says that God is not a son of man...The Bible often calls Jesus 'a son of man' or 'the son of man.'

My response: This guy is the real deal moron. He hasn't bothered to research what Christians believe about Jesus. He thinks he has discovered something that no one else has known about in 2000 years. All I can say is, ARROGANT.

Of course Jesus is fully man and thus is a Son of Adam (i.e. the Hebrew word for 'man').

2.   "The Bible says that Jesus denied he is God"

My response: As I have detailed elsewhere, EXACTLY THE OPPOSITE. Jesus, in a plethora of places, confirmed he was God. Jesus demanded the same honour due to the Father; said he was the judge of all men; was the origin of life and that life was in him; said he was the Creator; said only through him was their eternal life; said only he could forgive sins; said he would raise the dead on the last day etc etc...no mere human claims or possesses this authority.

What he unambiguously denied was that he was God the Father. Just as my father and I are separate persons, but belong to the same class called Human or Homo sapien, so Jesus could distinguish himself from the Father but claim equality with him because both are God (not gods!). Just as there is only a single class called Human or homo with many individuals, likewise there is only 1 class called God to which both the Father and the Son belong.

a.   "Jesus spoke to a man who had called him 'good,' asking him, 'Why do you call me good? No one is good except God alone.' (Luke 18:19)"

My response: This actually proves the exact opposite of what this idiot thinks it proves. Jesus is actually stating he is God. Follow the logic.

Either Jesus is good or he's not good. If he's not good, then obviously he's not good. But if he's not good, why follow someone who is a sinner. However, if he is good – and no where in the Gospels can we see where he lied, murdered, stole, had sex with an underage child, was a sex addict, committed adultery, stole other men's wives, ordered his followers to murder his "enemies" – then by definition he is God.

b.   "And he said to him, 'Why are you asking me about what is good? There is only One who is good; but if you wish to enter into life, keep the commandments.' (Matthew 19:17)"

My response: Why is this a denial of his not being God? Is this idiot implying Jesus is not good?

c.   "Jesus did not teach people that he was God"

My response: On the contrary, he did over and over again. Even one of his disciples called him God. Thomas, upon seeing him after his death and resurrection, said to Jesus, "Ho kurios mou kai ho theos mou." Translated, Thomas said, "The Lord of me and the God of me."
Jesus has previously stated that he would die, be dead for 3 days and then resurrect his own body. He did this, hence Thomas' claim that he was now facing God, the risen incarnate Christ.

d.   "If Jesus had been telling people that he was God, he would have complimented the man. Instead, Jesus rebuked him, denying he was good, that is, Jesus denied he was God."

My response: I have a huge problem here. I continue to vacillate between thinking this guy is a liar or a complete moron because his dishonesty or idiocy keep on mounting up with every attempt to "disprove" Christianity.

The idiot's statement makes no sense. First, Jesus had told many people he was God. For example, his disciple Phillip asked to see the Father. Jesus replied, "Have I been such a long time with you without your really knowing me, Philip? The man who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, 'Show us the Father'? Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The very words I say to you are not my own. It is the Father who lives in me who carries out his work through me. Do you believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? But if you cannot, then believe me because of what you see me do." (John 14)

Second, I can't see how he has concluded that if Jesus had been telling people he was God then the man would have complimented the man. I just can't see how he can draw these two propositions together. What had the man said that would have led him to high-five Jesus? As I said, his syllogism is a non sequitur.

Third, he didn't rebuke him for calling him good. The word 'rebuke' is not there. This liar has tendentiously added it in.

Fourth, this moron has claimed Jesus is not good. That's a serious charge against the Messiah. Also, where does it say that Jesus was not good?

3.   "The Bible says that God is greater than Jesus"

My response: Notice how this liar/moron replaces a word. In this statement he has the word 'God' but in the following he quotes Jesus directly and Jesus uses the word 'Father'. No where does Jesus ever say that God is greater than he, meaning Jesus is not God.

a.   'My Father is greater than I' (John 14:28)

My response: The word in this passage is 'meizon'. It does NOT mean 'better in quality' or superior. There is another word for this. Meizon means greater in magnitude, literally or figuratively. Also, the context decides what a word means. The context here was that Jesus had just explained to the disciples he was going to be executed and return to the Father's side because being his glory was there.

My own father is greater than I in some respects, yet we are equal with regard to other criteria. He, by the fact that he is MY FATHER and ontologically possesses FATHERHOOD is superior to his son, me. That is what being a father is: it is by definition greater than being a son. On the other hand, both of us can vote, drive a car, have a house, smoke, drink, marry...

b.   'My father is greater than all.' (John 10:29)

My response: Again context. In the previous verse Jesus had said that he gives eternal life, that no other being has the power to stop him, Jesus, giving eternal life to those who follow him. The reason why is that the Father has given these people to Jesus and no other being can stop this occurring because the Father is greater than any other being who could try to stop this happening.

What this idiot/liar doesn't tell you is that, upon hearing Jesus says this, the religious leaders "took up stones again to stone him" for blasphemy (v. 31) They understood he was claiming to be God.

c.   "Jesus can not be God if God is greater than him. The Christian belief that the Father and son are equal is in direct contrast to the clear words from Jesus."

My response: Never trust a man who by his very nature is either an idiot or a liar.

First notice the solecism. In English we do NOT say 'greater than him' but 'greater than he', as in 'greater than he is great'.

Notice, again, he writes "if God is greater than [Jesus]". Jesus does NOT say this. Jesus says "the Father is greater than I". The two are not equivalent and communicate a huge difference. One says Jesus is not God the other does not say Jesus is not God.

But most importantly, in the 30th verse Jesus states that "I and my Father are one." Say what? This is a statement the idiot/liar omitted. He did not want you to see this and he knew you would be too lazy to check his reference. The guy's a con artist and you're being fooled.

John

Quote from: jkhan on October 14, 2021, 03:49:12 AM
Truth is bitter tasted... just deal with it..

as long as your intention is to hide dark patches in Bible, you will not find truth in other books.. happy journeys

"Hide patches in Bible"????

You're delusional! How can it be on public view on the net, in books, the subject of millions of academic articles, the focus of international conferences, part of undergraduate and post-graduate studies, yet you claim it's hidden? Talk about whacky Muslim conspiracy theories. You do realise you're not overly bright?

Anyway, as I said, you don't read Classic Greek or have studied the subject of textual analysis and so cannot understand the importance of this MS and the emendations. Blind leading the more blind.

John

Quote from: jkhan on October 14, 2021, 04:02:13 AM
Really.. So Jesus will save me from my sins (whatever it is)... would you please pass my thanks to your Lord Jesus.. lol

Throughout his career Deedat continually mocked God. Eventually God silenced him, made him mute for c. 10 years. See here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HolzqRDo4g

Be careful mocker. As the Scriptures declare, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows." (Galatians 3)

John

Quote from: jkhan on October 13, 2021, 06:30:42 AM

This is also pretty cool... Open your eyes... I hope you have a good vision..

Not bad ya?

"An interesting illustration of the intentional change of a text is
found in one of our finest old manuscripts, Codex Vaticanus (so named
because it was found in the Vatican library), made in the fourth century.
In the opening of the book of Hebrews there is a passage in
which, according to most manuscripts, we are told that "Christ bears
[Greek: PHERON] all things by the word of his power" (Heb. 1:3). In
Codex Vaticanus, however, the original scribe produced a slightly different
text, with a verb that sounded similar in Greek; here the text
instead reads: "Christ manifests [Greek: PHANERON] all things by
the word of his power." Some centuries later, a second scribe read this
passage in the manuscript and decided to change the unusual word
manifests to the more common reading bears—erasing the one word
and writing in the other. Then, again some centuries later, a third
scribe read the manuscript and noticed the alteration his predecessor
had made; he, in turn, erased the word bears and rewrote the word
manifests. He then added a scribal note in the margin to indicate what
he thought of the earlier, second scribe. The note says: "Fool and
knave! Leave the old reading, don't change it!"

At least we have a reason and HISTORY for the emendations...unlike your Korans.  Here's a sample of the congeries (rhymes with forgeries, I believe?) of alterations on ONE PAGE in the Koran:

John

And another:

and here's a tally of the different additions, in the different korans, 10,243 variations...at last count:

John

PART 6 of 90 Verses says: Jesus is not God

1.   "Jesus never instructed his disciples to worship him"

My response: This is principally an argument from silence. That is, since Jesus never said "worship me", then he can't be God. Temporarily leaving aside the multiple times where people did worship him, such a proposition can be applied in other situations. For example, if I never say to someone, "Treat me as a human how you wish to be treated as a human", that must mean, according to your "logic", that I am not a human.

But to the main consideration: Did anyone ever worship Jesus? You betcha!

a.   "Now after Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judea in the days of Herod the king, behold, [a]wise men from the East came to Jerusalem, saying, "Where is He who has been born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the East and have come to worship Him...And when they had come into the house, they saw the young Child with Mary His mother, and fell down and worshiped Him. And when they had opened their treasures, they presented gifts to Him: gold, frankincense, and myrrh." (Matthew 2)

b.   "When He had come down from the mountain, great multitudes followed Him. And behold, a leper came and worshiped Him, saying, "Lord, if You are willing, You can make me clean." Then Jesus put out His hand and touched him, saying, "I am willing; be cleansed." Immediately his leprosy was cleansed. And Jesus said to him, "See that you tell no one; but go your way, show yourself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, as a testimony to them." (Matthew 8)

c.   "While He spoke these things to them, behold, a ruler came and worshiped Him, saying, "My daughter has just died, but come and lay Your hand on her and she will live." So Jesus arose and followed him, and so did His disciples." (Matthew 9)

d.   "Now in the fourth watch of the night Jesus went to them, walking on the sea. And when the disciples saw Him walking on the sea, they were troubled, saying, "It is a ghost!" And they cried out for fear. But immediately Jesus spoke to them, saying, "Be of good cheer! It is I; do not be afraid." And Peter answered Him and said, "Lord, if it is You, command me to come to You on the water." So He said, "Come." And when Peter had come down out of the boat, he walked on the water to go to Jesus. But when he saw that the wind was boisterous, he was afraid; and beginning to sink he cried out, saying, "Lord, save me!" And immediately Jesus stretched out His hand and caught him, and said to him, "O you of little faith, why did you doubt?" And when they got into the boat, the wind ceased. Then those who were in the boat came and worshiped Him, saying, "Truly You are the Son of God." (Matthew 14)

e.   "And as they went to tell His disciples, behold, Jesus met them, saying, "Rejoice!" So they came and held Him by the feet and worshiped Him. Then Jesus said to them, "Do not be afraid. Go and tell My brethren to go to Galilee, and there they will see Me." (Matthew 28)

f.   "Now as Jesus passed by, He saw a man who was blind from birth. And His disciples asked Him, saying, "Rabbi, who sinned, this man or his parents, that he was born blind?" Jesus answered, "Neither this man nor his parents sinned, but that the works of God should be revealed in him. I must work the works of Him who sent Me while it is day; the night is coming when no one can work. As long as I am in the world, I am the light of the world." When He had said these things, He spat on the ground and made clay with the saliva; and He anointed the eyes of the blind man with the clay. And He said to him, "Go, wash in the pool of Siloam" (which is translated, Sent). So he went and washed, and came back seeing...Jesus heard that [religious leaders] had cast him out [of the Temple]; and when He had found him, He said to him, "Do you believe in the Son of God?" He answered and said, "Who is He, Lord, that I may believe in Him?" And Jesus said to him, "You have both seen Him and it is He who is talking with you." Then he said, "Lord, I believe!" And he worshiped Him." (John 9)

2.   "When you pray, say Our Father which art in heaven.' (Luke 11:2)

My response: He hasn't fully spelled out your argument. He's left so much out that I don't know what his point is. (In technical philosophy terminology it's called an enthymematic argument. Whether it is a valid and sound one, who knows?)

Anyway, the context is this: "One day it happened that Jesus was praying in a certain place, and after he had finished, one of his disciples said, "Lord, teach us how to pray, as John used to teach his disciples."  "When you pray," returned Jesus, "you should say, 'Father, may your name be honoured—may your kingdom come! Give us each day the bread we need, and forgive us our sins, for we forgive anyone who owes anything to us; and keep us clear of temptation.'"

3.   'In that day, you shall ask me nothing. Whatsoever you ask of the Father in my name.' (John 16:23)

My response: I win the entire debate. Why? Well not because the guy is a complete idiot/liar – I've proved that beyond doubt – but because Jesus has said that you ask God the Father in Jesus' name. Whose name? JESUS' NAME (not Muhammad's!!)

The full quote (you see, again, this guy is a liar or a moron!) is this: "And in that day you will ask Me nothing. Most assuredly, I say to you, whatever you ask the Father in My name He will give you. Until now you have asked nothing in My name. [u]Ask, and you will receive[/u], that your joy may be full.

The whole sense of Jesus' words changes when you don't edit out most of them. As I said, the guy who created the site is a moron (which he can't help) or a liar in league with Satan (which he can because he has opted for evil).

4.   'The hour cometh and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth; for the Father seeketh such to worship him.' (John 4:23)

My response: Again, the guy's omitted the entire context. Here's the incident: 

"A woman of Samaria came to draw water. Jesus said to her, "Give Me a drink." For His disciples had gone away into the city to buy food. Then the woman of Samaria said to Him, "How is it that You, being a Jew, ask a drink from me, a Samaritan woman?" For Jews have no dealings with Samaritans. Jesus answered and said to her, "If you knew the gift of God, and who it is who says to you, 'Give Me a drink,' you would have asked Him, and He would have given you living water." The woman said to Him, "Sir, You have nothing to draw with, and the well is deep. Where then do You get that living water? Are You greater than our father Jacob, who gave us the well, and drank from it himself, as well as his sons and his livestock?" Jesus answered and said to her, "Whoever drinks of this water will thirst again, but whoever drinks of the water that I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life." The woman said to Him, "Sir, give me this water, that I may not thirst, nor come here to draw." Jesus said to her, "Go, call your husband, and come here." The woman answered and said, "I have no husband." Jesus said to her, "You have well said, 'I have no husband,' for you have had five husbands, and the one whom you now have is not your husband; in that you spoke truly." The woman said to Him, "Sir, I perceive that You are a prophet. Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, and you Jews say that in Jerusalem is the place where one ought to worship." Jesus said to her, "Woman, believe Me, the hour is coming when you will neither on this mountain, nor in Jerusalem, worship the Father. You worship what you do not know; we know what we worship, for salvation is of the Jews. But the hour is coming, and now is, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth; for the Father is seeking such to worship Him. God is Spirit, and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and truth." The woman said to Him, "I know that Messiah is coming" (who is called Christ). "When He comes, He will tell us all things." Jesus said to her, "I who speak to you am He."...And many of the Samaritans of that city believed in Him because of the word of the woman who testified, "He told me all that I ever did." So when the Samaritans had come to Him, they urged Him to stay with them; and He stayed there two days. And many more believed because of His own word. Then they said to the woman, "Now we believe, not because of what you said, for we ourselves have heard Him and we know that this is indeed the Christ, the Savior of the world."

5.   "If Jesus was God, he would have sought worship for himself"

My response: Again, an argument from silence.

But try this for size:

"Then, as He was now drawing near the descent of the Mount of Olives, the whole multitude of the disciples began to rejoice and praise God with a loud voice for all the mighty works they had seen, saying:
" 'Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the LORD!'
Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!"
And some of the Pharisees called to Him from the crowd, "Teacher, rebuke Your disciples." But He answered and said to them, "I tell you that if these should keep silent, the stones would immediately cry out." (Luke 19)

And here's another: "Now Thomas, called the Twin, one of the twelve, was not with them when Jesus came. The other disciples therefore said to him, "We have seen the Lord." So he said to them, "Unless I see in His hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe."
And after eight days His disciples were again inside, and Thomas with them. Jesus came, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, "Peace to you!" Then He said to Thomas, "Reach your finger here, and look at My hands; and reach your hand here, and put it into My side. Do not be unbelieving, but believing."
And Thomas answered and said to Jesus, "My Lord and my God!" [Literally 'The Lord of me and THE GOD OF ME]
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

Believed what, I ask? Believed that the risen Lord was indeed God because Jesus had raised his own body back to life again, just as he had said on many occasions and to which the ancient Scriptures had prophesied.

John

PART 7 of 90 Verses says: Jesus is not God

1.   'that they might know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent.' (John 17:3)

My response: Again, ripped from its context, a context which is actually an extremely long conversation Jesus has. So here is what Jesus actually stated:
"Jesus spoke these words, lifted up His eyes to heaven, and said: "Father, the hour has come. Glorify Your Son, that Your Son also may glorify You, as You have given Him authority over all flesh, that He should give eternal life to as many as You have given Him. And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent. I have glorified You on the earth. I have finished the work which You have given Me to do. And now, O Father, glorify Me together with Yourself, with the glory which I had with You before the world was."

What Jesus says here makes Jesus equal with the Father because he has clearly stated that Jesus' glory and the Father's are tied together. Not only this, Jesus is also claiming is eternal. That is, he never began to exist because before the universe came into existence, Jesus was existing.

But let's not stop. Jesus has also claimed that he can give eternal life because eternal life is through him, Jesus.

Read Jesus' words yourself without attempting to sift them through a Muslim lense.

2.   'he continued all night in prayer to God.' (Luke 6:12)

My response: Again, tortured from its preceding context.

A few verses before this, in the very same chapter, Jesus declares himself God. Jesus heals a crippled and states he is Lord of the Sabbath. The Jews well understood, because Moses and the prophets stated this, that only YHWH was Lord of the Sabbath: "And He said to them, "The Son of Man is also Lord of the Sabbath." Now it happened on another Sabbath, also, that He entered the synagogue and taught. And a man was there whose right hand was withered. So the scribes and Pharisees watched Him closely, whether He would heal on the Sabbath, that they might find an accusation against Him. But He knew their thoughts, and said to the man who had the withered hand, "Arise and stand here." And he arose and stood. Then Jesus said to them, "I will ask you one thing: Is it lawful on the Sabbath to do good or to do evil, to save life or to destroy?" And when He had looked around at them all, He said to the man, "Stretch out your hand." And he did so, and his hand was restored as whole as the other. But they were filled with rage, and discussed with one another what they might do to Jesus." (Luke 6)

3.   'Just as the son of man did not come to be served, but to serve' (Matthew 20:28)

My response: Muslims, you're being duped by this lying fool. He's cut the verse in two and left out the next few words of Jesus. This is what he says: "You know that the rulers of the Gentiles lord it over them, and those who are great exercise authority over them. Yet it shall not be so among you; but whoever desires to become great among you, let him be your servant. And whoever desires to be first among you, let him be your slave— just as the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Jesus plainly says, for the zillionth time, he is going to sacrifice his life for us.

But what's more, the following verses record an incident that is an example of the servanthood Jesus had in mind: "Now as they went out of Jericho, a great multitude followed Him. And behold, two blind men sitting by the road, when they heard that Jesus was passing by, cried out, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" Then the multitude warned them that they should be quiet; but they cried out all the more, saying, "Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!" So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, "What do you want Me to do for you?" They said to Him, "Lord, that our eyes may be opened." So Jesus had compassion and touched their eyes. And immediately their eyes received sight, and they followed Him." (Matthew 20)
Can your fake prophet do a miracle anywhere as marvellous as this? I don't think so!

4.   "How did Jesus pray to God?"

My response: This stupid fool even gives you the answer in his very next quote: 'he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, 'My Father' (Matthew 26:39)

He prayed to His Father.

And why was he praying to his Father? Because "My soul is exceedingly sorrowful, even to death." (v. 38) Jesus was going to his death, and he knew it was not going to be a very pleasant quick death but a slow and painful one!

After prayed through the night, he told his disciples, "Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of Man is being betrayed into the hands of
sinners.
Rise, let us be going. See, My betrayer is at hand." (verses 45-46)

5.   'During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission.' (Hebrews 5:7)

My response: Again, the liar lies. The passage continues with, "though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered. And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him." (vv. 8-9)

The passage clearly states that Jesus was tortured and that only through him can men be saved. Muslims, you will die in your sins as your pathetic works cannot save you. Only the Jewish Messiah Jesus can. If you do not acknowledge who Jesus said he was, and not according to a book written 600 years after Jesus, then you will die in your sins Muslims.

Hizbullah

Quote from: John on September 15, 2021, 05:30:18 PM
Let me get this clear: You prove that the Christian and Bible's account of Jesus' crucifixion is in error and that the Quranic view is the correct idea by going to the Quran? In other words you prove the Quran right by going to the Quran. How's that NOT circular reasoning? In other words, how's that NOT an example of irrationality at its finest? Or does irrational thinking not bother you?

Look whose talking....wait a minute....an idiot whose irrational thinking does not border him at all when he knows damn well that the christian new testament was written according to 4 men??? Since you are so smart then why the gospel was written according to 4 men and not according to Jesus himself???

According to christians sources, Galatian 1

No Other Gospel

6 I am astonished that you are so quickly deserting the one who called you to live in the grace of Christ and are turning to a different gospel

7 which is really no gospel at all. Evidently some people are throwing you into confusion and are trying to pervert the gospel of Christ.

8 But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel other than the one we preached to you, let them be under God's curse!

9 As we have already said, so now I say again: If anybody is preaching to you a gospel other than what you accepted, let them be under God's curse!

10 Am I now trying to win the approval of human beings, or of God? Or am I trying to please people? If I were still trying to please people, I would not be a servant of Christ.

11 I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin.

12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

[/color]

According to christians sources, Paul of Taurus received the gospel not from human origins (verse 11) & not from any man (verse 12). Logically speaking, Paul did not received the gospel from any ordinary man but from Jesus Christ who was a Messenger of God to the Israelites! Your man made book, according to 4 christian dogma

Whoever welcomes me welcomes the one who sent me. Whoever welcomes God's messenger because he is God's messenger will share in his reward.(Matthew 10:40)

No messenger is greater than the one who sent him. (John 13:16)

The distinction in this verse is made very clear by Jesus between himself and the One who sent him. This is again made clear in the following verse:

And this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom you have sent. (John 17:3)

These verses clearly speak of two separate beings. To claim that Jesus and God are one reduces these verses to mere nonsense!

Fyi, between 180 and 210 A. D. the word 'Father' was added before the 'Almighty'. This was opposed by a number of Bishops. Bishops Victor and Zephysius immediately defied this addition, as they stated that it is a sin to add or subtract to the Scripture. At the time, the Holy Spirit was still understood to mean a superior angel, not of one substance with God.

Arius, a senior presbyter, was among the many who believed that the Father alone was really God, the son did not possess by nature or right any of the divine qualities of immortality, sovereignty and purity. He did not exist before he was "begotten" by the Father. With the aid of reason, Arius proceeded to prove that Jesus is not God: There was a time when Jesus did not exist, therefore Jesus is not eternal, and since God is eternal, Jesus cannot be God. (The History of Christianity, a Lion handbook, p. 164).

Below another christian sources said Jesue said

My Father is greater than I. (John 14:28)

Thus to believe that God and Jesus are equal is to deny the truth of what your christian sources said in the NT!

Q:02:32 - They said, "Exalted are YOU; we have no knowledge except what YOU have taught us. Indeed, it is YOU who is the Knowing, the Wise."

jkhan

Quote from: John on October 14, 2021, 04:38:54 PM
PART 5 of 90 Verses says: Jesus is not God

Of course Jesus is fully man and thus is a Son of Adam (i.e. the Hebrew word for 'man').

:rotfl:

I wonder you really mean this...  :confused:
  :rotfl:

Let us die with guidance

[url="https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7"]https://discord.gg/3NSZH3hxy7[/url]
[url="https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg"]https://www.youtube.com/@purposefullivingg[/url]

John

PART 8 of 90 Verses says: Jesus is not God

1.   "Who was Jesus praying to when he fell on his face? Was Jesus crying in tears to himself pleading to be saved from death? No man, sane or insane, prays to himself! Surely the answer must be a resounding 'No.' Jesus was praying to 'the only true God.' Jesus was the servant of the One Who sent him. Can there be a clearer proof that Jesus was not God?"

My response: Again, the liar or moron! If only he would accurately quote what the Bible says. Here's is to whom Jesu prayed: "He went a little farther and fell on His face, and prayed, saying, "O My Father, if it is possible, let this cup pass from Me; nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will." (Matthew 26:39)

Notice how the idiot/liar misrepresents such a simple statement by replacing the word 'Father' with 'God. This moron has totally lied about what Christianity theology is. Jesus is the Son of God and thus prayed before his crucifixion to his Father.

I can't understand why you Muslims continue to be duped by this substandard material. As a teacher, if I were to mark it, I would have no hesitation to fail it. It possesses not a single redeeming feature.

2.   "The Quran confirms that Jesus called for the worship of the Only True God: "It is Allah Who is my Lord and your Lord; then worship Him. This is a Way that is straight." (Quran 3:51)

My response: Don't give a rat's arse about a book invented 600 years after the events it pretends to know the truth about.

3.   "Disciples did not believe Jesus was God...they never referred to Jesus as God."

My Response: Really? What a knucklehead!

Upon seeing and touching the physical resurrected Jesus (he knew Jesus had been crucified and died because he had witnessed it), Thomas said TO Jesus, "My Lord and my God!" [Literally 'The Lord of me and THE GOD OF ME]
Jesus said to him, "Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed."

4.   "The Bible says that Jesus could not do anything by himself"

My response: Again, and again, and again, this lying fool half quotes the biblical passage and hides the context it's been taken from. Muslims, follow this guy, when it's been pointed out at every instance that he's lying to you, and you have no excuse.

a.   'The son can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing.' (John 5:19)

My response: The verse continues with this: "but what He sees the Father do; for whatever He does, the Son also does in like manner. For the Father loves the Son, and shows Him all things that He Himself does; and He will show Him greater works than these, that you may marvel. For as the Father raises the dead and gives life to them, even so the Son gives life to whom He will. For the Father judges no one, but has committed all judgment to the Son, that all should honor the Son just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent Him." (vv 19-23)

Now, those Muslims who are slow of understanding, I will spell this out for you because you foolish and lying brother deceives you. Christ has just said that what the Father knows, Jesus equally knows, as the Father can give life to all, so can Jesus, Jesus will judge all mankind, and the same honour you give the Father you must give to Jesus. Add this up and you arrive at the undeniable conclusion that Jesus is God.

5.   "The Bible says that Jesus did not consider himself equal with God and that God performed miracles through Jesus & Jesus was limited in what he could do: 'But when the crowds saw this, they were awestruck, and glorified God, who had given such authority to men.' (Matt. 9:8)

My response: Once more the moron lies. I will quote the full incident but let me point out that this incident demonstrates, once again, that Jesus is God. Here's what happened:

"So He got into a boat, crossed over, and came to His own city. Then behold, they brought to Him a paralytic lying on a bed. When Jesus saw their faith, He said to the paralytic, "Son, be of good cheer; your sins are forgiven you." And at once some of the scribes said within themselves, "This Man blasphemes!" But Jesus, knowing their thoughts, said, "Why do you think evil in your hearts? For which is easier, to say, 'Your sins are forgiven you,' or to say, 'Arise and walk'? But that you may know that the Son of Man has power on earth to forgive sins"—then He said to the paralytic, "Arise, take up your bed, and go to your house." And he arose and departed to his house. Now when the multitudes saw it, they marveled and glorified God, who had given such power to men."

No one, I mean, NO ONE, NO MERE CREATURE, can forgive all sins except God. If you don't understand that, then you have no right to open your mouth because you have zero understanding about God.

By forgiving this man's sins, he was challenging the religious leaders to know who he really was. And that's why the crowd were torn between what they saw and heard, and what they knew about God. You Muslims are in the same boat but won't admit it.