Author Topic: Understanding Al-salet  (Read 939 times)

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Understanding Al-salet
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2018, 05:37:51 AM »
Manny_E, you are only thinking about your body benefits.

I would ask you this; What is the benefit of eating food to your soul?

Similarly I would say there is no benefit to the body doing "salat prayer" apart from some physical movements

However ,it is food for your spiritual body. The more important one of the two,also needs nourishment.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2018, 08:03:31 AM »
Salaam,
Do you think I know what you mean by "MVP"? I'm new to this forum, I don't know your slang of undervaluing others.
Don't you think that you're acting like the sectarian muslims?
"Of those who divided their religion, and became sects; each faction pleased with what they have." (Quran 30:32)
May God have mercy on you and guide you.
Salaam brother,
I understand both articles, and I agree with most of them. Still, I believe the Salat is physical.
My understanding of "to prostrate" is "to humble oneself to someone", and this is of course clear in the Quran, as your friend's article points out.
Angels have their own way of prostrating, Jinns have their own way of prostrating, the shadow of things have their own way of prostrating, the planets, sun and moon have their own way of prostrating.
The prostration of the angels is unknown to us.
The prostration of the sun and all the celestial bodies is to orbit.
The prostration of the animals is to follow their instinct.
The prostration of the shadows is to be shadows.

Our prostration is to obey God's will, to be humble to Him.
At this point, we completely agree, but consider this problem:
If during Salat, prostration is not a single-time act, but it is the entire act of worship (i.e. Salat made only of reciting; the article says this regarding verse 4:102), then it means that when it is finished we are not anymore "being humble" to Him.
Instead, the Muttaqeen (God-conscious) are ALWAYS symbolically prostrating (SJD) during their entire life, and they also physically prostrate at the end of the Salat.

We have a physical body; with its language we express our feelings towards others and towards ourselves.
That's why I believe the Salat is intended to be a physical act, and it should be done physically; but for example, when I am outside and I have to pray, I simply sit on a bench or somewhere and recite, and when it's the time that I normally prostrate or bow down, I just lower my head as if I was prostrating literally, knowing that there is no fault on me if I don't prostrate or bow completely.
God is not in need of our physical prostration, BUT our mind benefits from it!
So I glorify my Lord and I put my head to the ground. :hail
Salaam,
He isn't in need of our worship, it's us who benefit from it.
Well whether prostration is psychically or symbolically, it does not matter how we do it, but what does matter is that it is important to remembering Allah/God (SWTAY).

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2018, 08:06:52 AM »
Also there is a question as well, if Salat was intended to be physical, what does who can sadly not move or has broken bones or very sick?

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2018, 09:18:19 AM »

If during Salat, prostration is not a single-time act, but it is the entire act of worship (i.e. Salat made only of reciting; the article says this regarding verse 4:102), then it means that when it is finished we are not anymore "being humble" to Him.

You might want check the verses before and after because in the context it's about war.

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2018, 09:25:22 AM »
Peace be upon you both,
I have already seen some videos from Quran Centric or Sam Gerrans, but they both don't convince me.

I have a question and it is not my attention to be rude but to be sure: You have watched the entire 2 videos of Quran Centric? Because in the Minute 31 & Second 29 he speaks about the "physical movements".

hawk99

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2018, 09:40:48 AM »
Already did and I couldn't find any logical answer.

Peace Manny_E, be patient, continue your research.  Turn to Allah
for help.
The secret to monotheism can be found in the garden

The Sardar

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #16 on: March 23, 2018, 10:49:14 AM »
Salam/Peace, i forgot to add that in Joseph's video "Salat in the Quran" in Minute 44 & 13th second he speaks about 4:102.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #17 on: March 23, 2018, 01:29:49 PM »
Peace Manny_E.
There is no magic or magical effect . You may not even notice any effect in this life.
Remember you are preparing for the next life, that is if you believe in the hereafter.
Otherwise you will be wasting your time and effort. Things that do not make sense to your logic do not do them, simple.
 It is a choice if one wants to connect to the Creator to grow his/her soul.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #18 on: March 23, 2018, 01:36:21 PM »
Peace The Sardar.

If one is ill and cannot physically do the Salat, then they do it in their mind.
If the mind is not there either, then GOD does not put on a soul what it cannot bare.
"Yuridu Allah Bikum Al Yusr Wala Yuridu Bikum Al Usr"
GOD bless you.
Peace.