News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Musa's ayaat

Started by huruf, February 27, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

huruf

Any of us knows af a scientific explanation that might have been given or found for Musa's ayaat (signs)? For instance the rod-snakes?

Salaam

Israfeel

Quote from: huruf on February 27, 2018, 06:06:00 AM
Any of us knows af a scientific explanation that might have been given or found for Musa's ayaat (signs)? For instance the rod-snakes?

Salaam

Wa alaikum as-salaam

Friend, why should there be a ?scientific explanation?? Those were Signs of God. How can science ever explain how an inanimate rod suddenly became a live snake? This is beyond the realm of empirical, hard sciences.

My Website:
www.salvation-from-hell.com

huruf

Still that is not what I asked, and you were not there, those who contested with Musa also did the same, how can you explain it. Read carefully those ayas.

At any rate, if you do not know of any explanation, as against no explanation at all, because what yous ay does not explain anything, just that God can do, which is not it. God can do anything but that does not mean that there is no explanation for it. Just as water falls down and there is an explanation for it of how it happens. Is it not God who makes water fall, but that does nto preclude an explanation. In fact saying there is no explanation all that it expresses is that we do not know any explanation not that there is not explanation.

If you do not know of any, fine, but what I asked is if anybody knows of any explanation, usually called scientific as against just saying miracle, which is in fact no explanation.

For instance, again how do you explain that the rods of the magicians di the same as the rod of Musa. Miracle?

Salaam

Israfeel

Quote from: huruf on February 27, 2018, 08:43:21 AM
Still that is not what I asked, and you were not there, those who contested with Musa also did the same, how can you explain it. Read carefully those ayas.

I have read it carefully and you are absolutely wrong. The pharaonic magicians did not produce the same feat. Magic is not real, that is the whole lesson of that episode. The Quran simply states that the magicians bewitched the eyes of the people, they did not perform anything paranormal or supernatural, unlike the Sign of Moses.

QuoteAt any rate, if you do not know of any explanation, as against no explanation at all, because what yous ay does not explain anything, just that God can do, which is not it. God can do anything but that does not mean that there is no explanation for it.

Of course there is an explanation, but you specifically asked for a scientific explanation. So I asked you the perfectly logical question as to why there should be a scientific explanation, because quite simply, there can never be one. No matter how much science radically advances it can never explain how an inanimate rod suddenly transformed into a living snake.

QuoteFor instance, again how do you explain that the rods of the magicians di the same as the rod of Musa. Miracle?

Once again, you obviously never read the Quran carefully. It never says that the magicians transformed their rods. The Quran says they bewitched the eyes of the people, so they made it appear as though their ropes and sticks were moving, but in reality they remained motionless. It was nothing but a trick, an optical illusion, nothing supernatural or paranormal.
My Website:

huruf

So you have no explanation. Fine.

And saying that it is magic as to what the magicians did is no explanation either. There is also an explanation for magic.

Putting a word for something and closing the question iwht it pretending that you have come further in knowing or understanding is kidding oneself. You have explained nothing, neither the magician's nor the prophet's deeds.

Salaam

Israfeel

Quote from: huruf on February 27, 2018, 10:22:18 AM
So you have no explanation. Fine.

And saying that it is magic as to what the magicians did is no explanation either. There is also an explanation for magic.

Putting a word for something and closing the question iwht it pretending that you have come further in knowing or understanding is kidding oneself. You have explained nothing, neither the magician's nor the prophet's deeds.

Salaam

I have no scientific explanation because science is too limited to explain it. You fail to comprehend basic English. And I did explain what the magicians did as being an optical illusion because magic is not real another thing you fail to comprehend for whatever reason.
My Website:

huruf

So no scientific explanation, just the explanation you are able to give. Saying it is a miracle is not an explanation. So how did it go?

Optical ilusion, from where do you get that? I do not know of anybody now who can make such an optical ilusion on people. So can you explain that, how can come about an optical ilusion whereby you make a rod wriggle like a snake as you bid it to do or people see as you bid it. 

I am not discussing whether it can happen or not, I am asking how it is done if anybody knows or can suggest something. It is not a contest to see who believes bettor or more in impossible things. They happenned so they have an explanation. You know it or you do not, you know of some idea which could explain them or you do not.

I at present do not think I know, so that is why I ask, but telling me there can't be anything to know really does not answer my question.

Thak you.

Salaam

NewFrenzy

Quote from: huruf on February 27, 2018, 06:06:00 AM

Salaam
Try toggling the translation of those verses you may get a good explanation,

Novice

Quote from: NewFrenzy on February 28, 2018, 11:06:26 AM
Try toggling the translation of those verses you may get a good explanation,

Salaam haruf and NewFrenzy

I have studied subject verses and at present my focus is on following:

- God did not appointed his messengers to show magic tricks but to convey guidance and a system to live accordingly.

- Musa was not appointed by God to compete with magicians rather he debated before Firaun and his people and thats why "sahireen" accepted his message and recognized Musa's God.

- God asked Musa whats in your yameen. Now yameen is right hand as well as symbol of power and ability.

- Musa's reply was that it is his "Asaa". Was it a physical stick or his strength gained from the knowledge and guidance he received from God to complete his mission?

and so on and on. More I study these verses more I am convinced that role of messengers is to take people out of ignorance and relieve them of the shackles of slavery and blind following.

Please reflect on relevant verses and see if you get the message.

huruf

Quote from: Novice on February 28, 2018, 04:14:11 PM
Salaam haruf and NewFrenzy

I have studied subject verses and at present my focus is on following:

- God did not appointed his messengers to show magic tricks but to convey guidance and a system to live accordingly.

- Musa was not appointed by God to compete with magicians rather he debated before Firaun and his people and thats why "sahireen" accepted his message and recognized Musa's God.

- God asked Musa whats in your yameen. Now yameen is right hand as well as symbol of power and ability.

- Musa's reply was that it is his "Asaa". Was it a physical stick or his strength gained from the knowledge and guidance he received from God to complete his mission?

and so on and on. More I study these verses more I am convinced that role of messengers is to take people out of ignorance and relieve them of the shackles of slavery and blind following.

Please reflect on relevant verses and see if you get the message.

I have no doubt as to the mission of prophets in general.IN this casi as in others, specially '3isa, I am convinced that we are shown their spiritual reforming labour.

For me the question is not that, but that the formulation in the Qur'an gives "credence" to miracles. Myself I am not fond of miracles. Of course I am 1000% sure God can do whatever He wants whenever He wants, but the thing is that He Himself int he Qur'an does not certify that He does "miracles", rather speaks dispisingly about the disbelievers and others when they ask for marvels, and more or less tells them that they ar enot going to get them if they are not able to see already that existence itself and everything in it is a marvel.

In fact I am sure that if we are not able to see that every single thing we perceive is a Miracle, what we expect and want, in fact, is magic, children turned into lemons, or something of the kind. Of course a child can become a lemon if we squeeze him firmly, or something like that.

We know that "in nature" there are all kinds of wonders and that many of the miracles we may know have an explanation based on the nature of matter (I would say all), so that is what I was thinking of when I asked the question.

I remember, as a little child to have read in one of my father's books that there were rods of a certain composition which in fact could wriggle. I do not have that book any more, but I wondered about that.

Be it as it may, there was something of the kind going on in the magicians doings. Because obvioulsy if musa did not do anything other than plain nature, the others did not do either. Magic even today is based on perfectly explainable phenomenons once you know the tricks.

Salaam