Author Topic: Possible war between Turkey and the US?  (Read 4043 times)

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Possible war between Turkey and the US?
« on: January 22, 2018, 09:55:42 PM »
Some days ago Turkey decided to launch an operation in Syria known as the "Olive Branch", the point of it is to capture Afrin and right now they seem to be advancing there. The US said that if they got attacked they would retaliate (which was directed at Turkey, I remember reading the article somewhere), do you think there will be a war between Turkey and the US? The relations between the two countries seem to have strained a lot nowadays:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkish_military_intervention_in_Afrin

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
Re: Possible war between Turkey and the US?
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2018, 02:40:59 AM »
Nope, Turkey is a member of NATO and the US has nothing to gain and too much to lose for supporting Kurdish group in Syria.

But the above is the 'logical and sensical' way of political thinking.
Given the current president is illogical and erratic, who knows what he might decide..

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2018, 07:32:19 AM »
True but the other NATO countries (with the exception of perhaps some) don't seem to be that supportive of Turkey in Syria? Anyway I read that the YPG/SDF is reinforcing through the regime areas to Afrin, they recently made a deal with the regime which was that they would raise the red Syrian flag in the SDF-controlled areas in exchange for help in Afrin and then there was something else that I can't remember. It looks a lot like Russia somewhat traded Afrin over Idlib with Turkey which is probaly why the YPG made an official statement against Russia.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 11:52:24 AM »
It looks a lot like Russia somewhat traded Afrin over Idlib with Turkey which is probaly why the YPG made an official statement against Russia. [/size][/font]

Putin is not a match for Trump in geo politics..

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 12:13:57 PM »
Not sure what you mean by that. Trump can't really affect anything what goes on between Russia and Turkey if I'm not wrong. If I remember it right the US actually seems to have a very weird position when it comes to the conflict between Turkey and the YPG but it's not suprising since they only want war between nations and groups. I've read news of itself either supporting Turkey or taking decisions that goes against Turkey like that part were they said they would retaliate which was directed at Turkey but who knows this could be fake news. Especially the Pentagon and organizations like the CIA whom seem to be very divided on this conflict. I think the problem is a lot that seems to be stated on the news can't be verified. But I do think the trade happened because prior to the Turkish invasion of Afrin, Turkish diplomats traveled to Russia to talk about Syria and the day after Russia decided to withdraw all its soldiers from Afrin and obviously I'd say they got Idlib in return but their withdrawal is definently not coincidental but sure you can also argue they did it to get out of the coming firefights.

Jafar

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +111/-1
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 02:01:03 PM »
Oh you are so naive in politics.. do you think this is about a piece of land in middle east???
Nonetheless you will understand soon once series of events unfold...
Russia will become the ultimate gainer and the US ultimate loser... in Syrian conflict..

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2018, 02:23:16 PM »
I mean that for Russia it's better that if the SAA regained more land since they will be one step closer towards recapturing Syria which is what their goal is. For the Syrian regime it would mean a win to recapture Idlib since it's quite a large piece of land and recapturing all of it is what they pretty much want. They also do want the other land from the Kurds for example. I also think they would rather want FSA taking over Afrin because if the FSA is in control of Afrin they would stand a better chance than against the SDF. The SDF is protected by the US Airforce and there has been clashes between the SDF and the regime in places like Qamishli from time to time were the regime has often lost and in every conflict that took place the US Airforce was always involved

TheNabi

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +12/-1
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2018, 07:33:20 PM »
Peace

The U.S. has been an empire way before Trump. Military bases in over 100 nations, regime change, interventionist policies, sanctions (basically declarations of war). The military industrial complex is all about war and I'd say the U.S. government (who thinks of itself as the police of the world) is not in the habit of kowtowing to allies when it puts its mind to something. Is Trump a warmonger, sure, but so was Obama, and Bush, and Clinton, etc. John McCain has not seen a war he does not like and neocons are all over congress. They were there before Trump. They will be there afterwards. War is always an option. I do not think it will happen, but if it did I doubt the so-called war weary American public will do much about it. That was a big issue when this government was originally set up, that is, the people keeping the government in check which has grown to monstrous form.

Joe
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek for verification & knowledge. ~> [3/190-191; 17/

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2018, 10:09:09 PM »
Haha on specific days during the year Putin, Trump, president of Turkey, Hasad and all the other puppet leaders are summoned by their ashkenazi overlords and play and chat and discuss how to get their masters wealthier by manufacturing conflicts. Then the unbeknownst people like ourselves discuss about politics assuming they're not all in on it.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

عوني

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0