Author Topic: Why is nakedness shameful?  (Read 363 times)

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
Re: Why is nakedness shameful?
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2017, 03:09:06 AM »
Because their society don't have the 'taboo' of being naked in the first place..

Exhibit A: People of Andaman Islands..

And there are millions others, usually situated in tropical area... (Papua island, Micronesia, Polynesian islands etc..)

Some middle eastern traditions mandated that their ancestor has sinned due to eating a forbidden fruit as persuaded by a snake

I remember a movie apocylpto its related with maya civilisation and even they have messengers and one person manage to save his family from a definate death lot other interesting things in that culture like prophecies, supersticious things, scared warnings by SKY God in the shape of solar eclipse beautiful movie by Mel gebson a must watch.

BOLD sin of first/early human is not = HUMANITY
they did not understand it. everybody is responsible for themselves so this logic is flawed by traditional approach

SO which of the MIRACLES/MARVELS of your Lord you will deny
55:55.

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2017, 04:58:48 AM »

Proven to be false, "naked" people / society never lose interest in sex.. as they exist up until today...
True, 'thick clothing' from animal skin was invented by the Neanderthals.
Their habitat was northern hemisphere (Central Asia, Europe) during the ice age..
Without thick clothing they cannot survive the cold climate.

When tropical originated (thus relatively naked) Homo Sapiens migrated and encountered (and also mated with) the Neanderthal, they copied some of the Neanderthal habits for survival, namely thick clothing and stock piling of food in preparation of winter.

Many adult people living today doesn't feel shameful about their 'nakedness'.. see exhibit A above as an example...

Some middle eastern traditions mandated that their ancestor has sinned due to eating a forbidden fruit as persuaded by a snake.

How is the sex life of the nude tribesmen?
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #12 on: December 30, 2017, 05:41:36 PM »
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

Abdul-Hadi

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2018, 05:22:13 PM »
Greetings and peace, all  :group:

I've just finished reading about studies that show how shame of nudity is due to social conditioning.
So why does the Qur'an tell us to dress modestly if it has no real purpose?

Modesty is relative. In a naturalist environment, nudity is modest--in Saudi Arabia in public, not so much. But we are also admonished to act and be modest.

ALLAH knows best.

:peace:

Abdul-Hadi

amin

• Apprentice
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2018, 06:28:33 PM »
:) Shame comes with ego, we have a belief we are the cause of our body and need to show it off better. Kids, animals and some adults do not have this mentality. we adult humans have this naturally. But dressing came with protection from environment and migration of humans from one adapted place to other harsh places.

huruf

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2018, 02:22:22 AM »
Shame omes from feeling of guilt.

Salaam