Author Topic: Bible Study: New interpretation! It is a SIN to pay or receive tithes  (Read 391 times)

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
This is for those that claim they are on something by following the previous scripture and that Quran is not sufficient.

Although it sounds ridiculous from a scriptural point of view this gentleman is not completely wrong.

According to the Bible the tithes were ordained exclusively for the Levites.

Or is there something I am missing in terms of

Whomever supports the validity, integrity and divinity of the Bible and is well-read in the Scripture please address all the claims made in this article I am linking below.
If you agree also feel free to agree.

I would really like to see input from "bible scholars" and accompanied by evidence from verses.

https://mobile.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/religion/It-is-a-sin-to-pay-or-receive-tithes-Pastor-593033
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: Bible Study: New interpretation! It is a SIN to pay or receive tithes
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 12:42:37 PM »
I used to feel just like you. And I as well grew up in an extreme Christian environment. I am very familiar with the bible and to be fair it was reading the stories of the prophets in the bible that strengthened my faith in my youth.

There are indeed undeniable similarities with the accounts of the prophets as cited in both Quran and Bible. And yes there are also horrifying stark differences which I cite here in this thread:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9608817.0

However, I am now truly trying to discover whether it is possible that the Bible is simply highly misinterpreted and mistranslated from its original language and text.

I think a thorough study using greek, hebrew and aramaic lexicons might provide helpful in gaining some insight as to the true nature of the Bible.

It is not a need to find guidance in it. It is rather a lack of desire to reject and deny it in the event that it is truly knowledge from the Authority of God which may have been confounded by mistranslations and misinterpretations and etc...

It is indeed possible to discern the truth from the falsehood in the Bible via the Light of the Quran.

It could be beneficial if we were able to dust off the falsehood from the Bible with a clear honest method and approach which no scientific or linguistic authority could deny and witness the true infallible agreement of true monotheism between all Scriptural texts.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Sadoikub

• Beginner/Inquirer
Re: Bible Study: New interpretation! It is a SIN to pay or receive tithes
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2018, 02:42:03 AM »
I just knew it was this. If anyone has a question I can answer it. Maybe I will know some things.