News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

should muslims obey the law of non muslims?

Started by MaryK, October 20, 2017, 12:02:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MaryK

should muslims obey the law of non muslims if they live in a none muslim country? If yes could u pls show the verse which says that

huruf

Why the question? Do absolutely all laws in all countries are contradictory to the Qur'an, that is more contradictory that laws in countries peopled by muslims?

Should muslims rebel all over the place in every country? Would that allow every "good muslim" really comply with the Qur'an better than not rebelling and working pecefully to better morals and life everybody?

Where does the Qur'an say that muslim sgould automatically rebel?

Salaam

Mist

I also want to know about a verse that says the grass is green.

MaryK

Where did I say they should rebel? Im asking whether or not muslim has to obey western laws or should muslims live only according to Quran?

Jafar

Quote from: MaryK on October 20, 2017, 12:02:40 PM
should muslims obey the law of non muslims if they live in a none muslim country? If yes could u pls show the verse which says that

That's how you judge the 'quality' of a law, policy and regulation?
Merely through the 'social identity' of those who ratifying it?

Some variant of the question:
Should Jews follow Non Jewish Law if they are living in a non Jewish country?
Should Shiites follow Non Shiites Law if they are living in a non Shiites country?
Should Kurds follow Non Kurdish Law if they are living in a non Kurdish country?
Should Irish follow Non Irish Law if they are living in a non Irish country?
Should Iowans follow Non Iowan Law if they are living in a non Iowa state?
Should Non Balinese follow Balinese Law if they are living in a Bali?

The recommendation will be yes....
Don't bring or use marijuana in Bali, the Balinese law state it is punishable by death or lifetime imprisonement.
Thus better obey the law which valid in the land..
Feel free to smoke marijuana in South Africa, the South African law state it is allowable...

Noon waalqalami

Quote from: MaryK on October 20, 2017, 12:02:40 PM
should muslims obey the law of non muslims if they live in a none muslim country?

Peace, laws according to Qur?an e.g. Thomas Jefferson Virginia Statute for Religious Freedom

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrGCF-mbM-U

Whereas in non-Qur?an countries e.g. majority of Middle East, etc.

Legal
   Wife beating
   Marrying underage girls
   Amputation of hands for stealing
   Stealing inheritance especially bereaved women and children

Illegal punishable by death
   Apostasy
   Marrying non-Muslims
   Disagreeing with hearsay
   Man/woman guilty of adultery

amin

In my opinion each country or place has its own culture and will have its own customs, uniformity and imposing foreign rules wont help or wont work out in the long run.

Quranic message looks simple,  live accepting the common goodness(Allah), its guidance. So its better and good to obey those native laws if they do not come against the path of common goodness including our own.

HP_TECH

Quote from: MaryK on October 20, 2017, 12:47:04 PM
Where did I say they should rebel? Im asking whether or not muslim has to obey western laws or should muslims live only according to Quran?

You should be more specific. It depends on what laws we are discussing. Context is essential.

However, one should try his best to follow Allah's True Laws under any circumstances and if the land you live in prevents you from freely practicing the deen, then Allah's earth is spacious! If you have the means and opportunity then emigrate! Move! Travel away!

When you have questions about Quran go over the whole book and read over and over. Reading is key for understanding.

4:97-100
Indeed, those whom - take them (n death) the Angels (while) they (were) wronging themselves they say, "In what (condition) were you?" They said, "We were oppressed in the earth. They said, "Not was (the) earth (of) Allah spacious (enough) so that you (could) emigrate in it?" Then those (will have) their abode (in) Hell - and it is an evil destination.
Except the oppressed among the men and the women and the children who are not able to plan and not they are directed (to) a way.
Then those, may be, [that] Allah will pardon [on] them, and is Allah Oft-Pardoning, Oft-Forgiving.
And whoever emigrates in (the) way (of) Allah, will find in the earth place(s) of refuge - many, and abundance. And whoever leaves from his home (as) an emigrant to Allah and His Messenger, then overtakes him [the] death, then certainly (became) incumbent his reward on Allah. And Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

huruf

Quote from: MaryK on October 20, 2017, 12:47:04 PM

It is implied in the question. If you resolve not comply with the laws, you are indeed rebelling, how far will you go in that rebellion is another question. But not complying with the law is rebellion.

Salaam

huruf

Quote from: Noon waalqalami on October 20, 2017, 06:30:03 PM

Whereas in non-Qur?an countries e.g. majority of Middle East, etc.

Legal
   Wife beating
   Marrying underage girls
   Amputation of hands for stealing
   Stealing inheritance especially bereaved women and children

Illegal punishable by death
   Apostasy
   Marrying non-Muslims
   Disagreeing with hearsay
   Man/woman guilty of adultery

Your Middle East must have grown tremendously overnight. "Majority" have allthose things? Is it not better to say which countries have which and also be sure of it? 

These gross generalisations amount to slander of quite a few countries. On the other hand even without being law, en many countries EVERYWHERE, things are tolerated and imposed by society or groups within it which go against Qur'an. 

Salaam