Author Topic: New here , plus a quick question  (Read 423 times)

Layth

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Re: New here , plus a quick question
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2017, 10:22:10 PM »
Salam Betterlife,

Welcome to the forum :)

We are "Muslims", not "quranists". The sects already distinguish themselves by calling themselves Sunni or Shia, so we don't need to worry about the name "Muslim" being confused with their idolatry.

As for your question, you have answered it yourself. Throw away the Hadith and what you have left is a message of justice, honor, respect, and dignity for all of God's creation.
`And when God Alone is mentioned, the hearts of those who do not believe in the Hereafter are filled with aversion; and when others are mentioned beside Him, they rejoice!` (The Quran 39:45)

SarahY

• Global Moderator
  • Wise One / Burnout
Re: New here , plus a quick question
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2017, 02:53:38 AM »
Salam ,
I dont really know how to start , so basically im a female , my family is sunni , i never knew what quranism was until my very dear friend and neighbour told me about how they dont believe in hadith , their dad did his research and he aruges that hadiths are not authenic i think , so the reason why im so interested in quranism is because of the MANY hadiths on women and how unfair they are being treated , for example if a woman refuses sexual intercourse with her husband the angels curse her until he is happy , and that if a woman prays and fasts and everything its not acceptable if her husband is mad at her like what the f*uck? How is this fair? What happens if the husband refuses sexual intercourse? And out of all the bad people in the world , the murderers , the rapist , the angels curse us women ? I get so enranged when i read such hadiths , and they said that women lack brain ? so why on the day of judgement are men and women accounted for their actions if the women lack brains ? Shouldnt we be just let into heaven since we're so stupid we dont know what we're doing? And why are all the hadiths on women not a single bad one about men? A women would prostate to her husband if it wasnt haram isnt this shirk? So please let me know what your thoughts are on : Hadiths on women ,
Thank you very much i actually feel at peace now that i learned about quranism

Salam,

Welcome to the forum. To answer your question hadith on women suck! Which was one of the driving forces that helped me read the Quran on it's own to see what it had to say.

The idea of men being better than women because of so many things makes no sense. i.e. women are not allowed to fast/pray during menses so men are already better and it's like... God created me so that I would menstruate why would I be lesser because of it? it's so logically flawed.

It's no wonder the Muslim communities are so messed up.

We all have blind spots.
Follow your heart but take your brain with you.
ambiguity is there for a reason, why do you think?
We're all different, so how can we all be equal?