Author Topic: Planning a Pilgrimage  (Read 163 times)

NielsJacob

• Apprentice
Planning a Pilgrimage
« on: September 30, 2017, 08:03:13 AM »
Hello all

I would love to do a pilgrimage on foot.

Has anyone here done like that?

Could it be done at all. In my case I should walk from Denmark and through Europe, Turkey, Jordan and then Saudi Arabia.

Are there a route like we know it from the Camino?

I think it would be possible just sees a lot of obsticles like finding a place to sleep, dangers on the road or visa ploblems.

But anyway I know that many refugees made it the other way on foot from Syria to Northen Europe.

I have familie: children and wife so I dont really know how I could to make it through.

But some here must have had same thoughts and maybe not bounded like me.

Or: How do you plan your pilgrimage, if you like me think that it's an obligation?

Peace.

Makaveli

• Apprentice
Re: Planning a Pilgrimage
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2017, 08:38:33 AM »
Possible, at least in the EU due to open borders. I am not sure if things will get more complicated or not once you enter the Middle East. I'd suggest you plan your whole route ahead, with modern navigation technology it is not that hard. You should mark all the points of rest, such as the settlement points and especially places to eat/rest at those points. Backpacking motels should be available in most major cities, but I'd also look for facilities outside of towns. Also make sure to check the current road repairs on your route during your travel, if you plan on using the hitch-hiking method but also if travelling on foot. Getting familiar with local travel acts can be beneficial too.

progressive1993

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2017, 11:57:17 AM »
Why? And why Saudi Arabia?
Are you a talker or a doer? A charitable act done today or important work in the cause of God is more far-reaching than useless debate.

NielsJacob

• Apprentice
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2017, 04:03:43 AM »
Why not?

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2017, 05:59:32 AM »
peace,

Why do you want to do it on foot?

To answer "Why Saudia Arabia?" this might help:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-hajj-Quran.html
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

NielsJacob

• Apprentice
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2017, 12:44:48 PM »
Peace Wakas.
I dont really know why I want to do it on foot. Just I think that also the journey itself have some qualities. Like I have to give up my daily routine and just focus on this thing. These days just to easy to buy everything. Also a trip like this.
I see that some Christian walking this Camino giving them a time for focus on some few simple things.
In my view it could be nice if more people would like to walk and you could just join them. Like a free train going with a special purpose which you could just join by walking along.
It's like to take the pilgrimage to the max imo.