News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Note on 4:34 and Sam Gerrans.

Started by Makaveli, August 01, 2017, 03:00:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Makaveli

Here is the message for someone reasonable reading my above post before it gets deleted. Save it. And think it over. They will certainly ban me and remove my post so if you are not a modetaror and are reading my post and are ready to think for yourself, save it for your further contemplation. Else, just move by unless you have something to say. In such a case you can write me at kasnew1 [at] gee-mail (dot) com
براتىشكا و فايحوشى

To contact me use kasnew1 [at] gee-mail (dot) com.

imrankhawaja

you are pretty inspired with freedomstand isnt it?
btw whenever human learn something he realise how unaware he was and this learning process continue untill death

the real question is why ? not how
for a time being think the reality what we already witness [a human eat,sleep,work,sex(production),die] exactly thats what we witness

why we do it? why this life exist?
how is very easy to explain ? through science or whatever

progressive1993

Quote from: Makaveli on December 29, 2017, 08:27:45 AM
Here is the message for someone reasonable reading my above post before it gets deleted. Save it. And think it over. They will certainly ban me and remove my post so if you are not a modetaror and are reading my post and are ready to think for yourself, save it for your further contemplation. Else, just move by unless you have something to say. In such a case you can write me at kasnew1 [at] gee-mail (dot) com

Seems like Sam Gerrans ruffled your feathers quite a bit.
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

Makaveli

Quote from: progressive1993 on January 17, 2018, 11:21:47 AM
Seems like Sam Gerrans ruffled your feathers quite a bit.

Dear millennial 'anti-feminoid' mgtow regressive1993...

As usual, I see no arguments from your kind, just a typical slave bandwagon response. Please do not forget to wash your tongue with soap after you lick Sam Goebbels's boots. Instead of wasting your time making useless interpretations of 4:34 and spreading your anti-feminism rant, about which you have no clue anyway, perhaps do something productive and remind your "masculine" friendo Goebbels to respond to my email.. seems like Goebbels fenced itself off because 'debates are useless'. What a pity nutjob.

براتىشكا و فايحوشى

progressive1993

Quote from: Makaveli on January 19, 2018, 02:43:00 PM

Dear millennial 'anti-feminoid' mgtow regressive1993...

As usual, I see no arguments from your kind, just a typical slave bandwagon response. Please do not forget to wash your tongue with soap after you lick Sam Goebbels's boots. Instead of wasting your time making useless interpretations of 4:34 and spreading your anti-feminism rant, about which you have no clue anyway, perhaps do something productive and remind your "masculine" friendo Goebbels to respond to my email.. seems like Goebbels fenced itself off because 'debates are useless'. What a pity nutjob.

Wow, I must have also ruffled your feathers. The irony of 'no arguments'  ;D
10:41 If they deny you, say: "My works are for me, and your works are for you. You are innocent of what I do, and I am innocent of what you do."

Makaveli

Quote from: progressive1993 on January 20, 2018, 09:42:39 AM
Wow, I must have also ruffled your feathers. The irony of 'no arguments'  ;D

What was your argument, again regressive1993? How many wives can you have in 35:1? What does the 'master' of pan-textual analysis Goebells say on this? Rather, what does the tafsir he cited say about this? But yea, 'feminist agenda' and cultural marxism and flat earth conspiray and all that shit... pity regressive slave-trash.

Still waiting for his response. Remind him on his youtube or facebook pages where he conducts his 'talking shop' and where I am banned that I am waiting for his 'masculine' response. I have no time to educate regressive millenials, better invest my time into attacking pity monotheistic dogmas.
براتىشكا و فايحوشى

Makaveli

Quote from: progressive1993 on January 20, 2018, 09:42:39 AM
"Quran Alone Islam" is just another sect and vehicle to push feminist, marxist and NWO science ideology. Thanks, Feminist-Minds!

Either this or regressive1993 is an angry misogynist millenial virgintow, who is also a young impotent and is incapable of creating a lasting trust-based relationship with a woman  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

You and your pity believes are ugly regressive1993.

I will give you a potent advice. You and your friend Sam Goebbels should start a quran alone community together away from the NWO and the round earth conspiracy :D :D :D
براتىشكا و فايحوشى

progressive1993

Comrox

10:109 Follow what is being inspired to you and be patient until God judges.

57:3 He is the First and the Last, the Evident and the Innermost. And He is fully aware of all things.

Pavlov

I don't post very much here, but I do respect the originators of this forum.

Back in the middle 1990s, when in my mid-30s I was moving away from Christianity and was joyfully surprised by the Quran which I read in M. M. Pickthal's translation. So, I of course went to the nearest mosque, a Sunni Mosque, and began investigating Islam. I even read the Summarized Sahih Bukhari, which seem to be a very different book than the Quran. I rejected Sunnism, though I have many Sunni Muslim friends.

I soon met those who I would call "19ers" and a good sister sent me a copy of the Final Testament. I was again pleasantly surprised, at least at first. Soon, that group  had a major split. I was concerned that Quran alone Islam would turn out to be lots of sects with many of them acting viciously toward others. I concluded that is one happens when one uses the Quran alone 1400 years after the fact. Everyone does what is right in his or her own eyes. I am NOT saying these people are not sincere. What I'm trying to say is that I believe God understands that we are finite creatures and just because I understand the Quran one way and another believer has lots of dispreements with me does not mean that only one of us is possibly right and that one only will be saved.

I even see a Sunni bias in the note of Khalifa's Final Testament. Surah Abasa in the Quran says "He frowned and turned away." Who frowned and turned away from the blind man? The most popular Sunni source says Prophet Muhammad did. Other Sunni sources say something else. Shia Muslims don't even have that tradition in their books. However, Khalifa leaned on a Sunni hadith to claim it was Muhammad who turned away. Why would someone investigating Islam even trust that someone who did that is a Prophet, anyway?

Nope, I'm not making a case for being a Sunni or Shia Muslim here. I'm pointing out bias on the part of those who are sincere believers. I don't doubt Khalifa was a true believer. He set forth three SUnni hadith in one of the appendices reporting what allegedly was said by Muhammad in his sermon. One hadith said he left behind the "Quran and Sunnah". One hadith said he left behind the "Quran and his family", and one says he left behind was the "Quran alone. Sunnis grade "Quran and my Family" as Sahih, and not the other two. However, Sunnis use "Quran and Sunnah" and ignore their own science. Shia Muslims in their books have the "Quran and Family" tradition. Quran alone is the weakest one, but that is the one Khalifa used. On what basis? His own understanding. Further, he never bothered to report which one the majority Sunnis graded as Sahih. I reject Sunni hadith science so that rating is not very important to me.

With Sam Gerrans, I like his methods and I believe he is a true believer also. But, because he differs from those in the past, he gets bashed. I personally don't agree with all his conclusions, either. I don't understand how he and others translate "rahman" as "mighty" or "almighty" when the word means the same thing traditionally in Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic. It effects not just Arabic, but Aramaic and Hebrew, both in classic times and in modern times. It means that Semitic languages were compromised even before the New Testament was written, and even in the Second Temple period of Judaism. Yet, I still read Sam Gerrans' translation of the Quran. I read Edip Yuksel's translation. I still read a couple of Sunni translations and a couple of Shia translation.

Karaite Judaism makes more sense to me than Rabbinical Judaism. I wish it could be as cut and dry for me in Islam / Submission. I rejected the Sunni version 20 years ago. I couldn't find a home in Quran alone Islam 20 years ago. Personally, for me, the 12er Shia and Mutazilite paths made the most sense to me because historical I believe Ali ibn Talib lived by the Quran while the first 3 Caliphs changed things, and the Ummayads were an imperialistic Caliphate that fabricated traditions to justify their existence. That means I can only be 12er Shia or Mutazilte because Quran alone mostly ignores the historical records.

But, I don't even evangelize Quran alone Muslims. I believe that position is better than allowing Quran to be abrogated by the Six so-called Authentic Ahadith compilations. I believe one can be a true believer just reading the Quran alone. However, the viciousness I see between those in various camps really hurts me.

How can this problem between Muslim sects (I don't use the word "sects" as a perjorative) be remedied? That's the point of my post. At 58 years of age, I don't have the time to fight anymore. (smile)