News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

How to help my best friend who is addicted to alcohol?

Started by Shylin, July 19, 2017, 05:49:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wakas

The original post is likely spam. (I have removed the embedded link)
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. [url="http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/"]My articles[/url]

[url="//www.studyquran.org"]www.studyQuran.org[/url]

Scrappy-doo

:peace:

Destructive addictive behaviour is usually an indication of being 'ill at ease' with yourself, and your surroundings. Once an alcoholic conquers the physical effects of alcohol, then the real battle begins. Abstention is the only method for someone who is addicted to alcohol. If you can't do it by yourself, and you can keep your Oaths to God, then make an Oath to stop drinking for say a month, see how you get on, and after that make another Oath for another month. I find making Oaths to God is the best way to stop doing things that are bad for me. But you must be a person who would not deliberately break an Oath to God, it would be unthinkable. If this is you then this is what I advise. If this is not you then seek professional help!
Non illigitimus carborundum

reel

Quote from: Grid on August 18, 2017, 09:57:50 PM
What is the purpose of the site you gave? Giving advice for alcohol-addicted people?

Are you here to market apps?

Quote from: Wakas on August 19, 2017, 05:42:14 AM
The original post is likely spam. (I have removed the embedded link)

I think we have another one up there.

"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

Scrappy-doo

Quote from: reel on August 26, 2017, 03:30:02 AM
Are you here to market apps?

I think we have another one up there.

Are you referring to me? Please let me know? As I would love to respond accordingly!
Non illigitimus carborundum

Unger

I agree with the commentators above who wrote that the best way to get rid of dependence is to change the way of life. Any dependence has 2 parts - physical and psychological. Dependencies such as drugs or alcohol cigarettes remarkably demonstrate this to us. Now I will try to explain how it works.
When a person is given a painkiller during a surgery or rehabilitation in a hospital, he receives the purest drug directly into his body. A person may be exposed to it for a long time. But when he recovers, he does not feel the urge to take drugs. Drug addicts buy illicitly less quality drugs that do not give a not so strong effect for the body as hospital drugs. But after their dose they then want more. This is how human psychology works. Your girlfriend herself, without knowing it, thinks that she is a bad person, and dependence is her lot (for this reason, dependent people often get rid of help themselves). Let her know that she is not guilty, because guilt is one of the heaviest human goods. Let them treat their addiction just as something neutral, something that needs to be released. If she recovers, she will never want to come back to it again.
The second aspect of dependence is physical. While a person changes his thinking and attitude to the problem, he needs to take part in his body. All that a person takes - alcohol, nicotine, or drugs (drugs are a more difficult question, because they do not all remain in the body) - can accumulate in the human body, and it can no longer function normally without the substance in the blood. For this, you need to maximally clean your body, speed up the metabolic processes, and resume the production of certain hormones. One of the best options is diet and sport. The diet should be aimed not at what would limit the person in the diet, but at what would quickly cleanse the body. Regarding the sport - start the exercise is simple. You can take something from athletics - running, jumping, a little gymnastics. After that, I would advise you to increase the workload (you can work out with this simulator https://askyourfitnessquestion.com/the-best-rowing-machines-high-capacity-how-to-choose-the-right-rower) so that the body would succumb to stress. Then the emotions will return again and this will speed up the recovery of the body.
Addiction is always a hard problem. My uncle suffered from alcoholism for a very long time and only last summer he was able to fully rehabilitate and recover. I am very proud of him and wish all people who suffer from addiction to find themselves again.