News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

Stoning the three pillars during Haj|

Started by 357, July 17, 2017, 06:58:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Was Abraham really going to sacrifice his son?

No Way.
4 (57.1%)
Of course to please God.
1 (14.3%)
Other. please say what.
2 (28.6%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Quote from: good logic on July 19, 2017, 02:32:51 PM
Peace 357.
You are a member here for many years. We have discussed this topic numerous times. All you have to do is search and read our views,those who have stayed here with you.
I have asked you in the past about your polls,and you did not give me an answer ,as far as I can recall,if so, please link your answer here. Also,you have never given us any feedback on your polls or discussed your findings with us,to my knowledge.

I have commented on your polls before,they do not serve any purpose whatsoever. Without proper analysis and proper researched choices that will tell you and the readers something useful,they are a waste of time!
Sorry for pointing out to you my view,I feel you can use the forum better if you explain your aim of doing such polls for your topics and give us your view as well on the topics.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

Just wanted to see how many people believe here that the belief to slaughter their child is satanic

Plus if there where any people here who may defend the common belief

So may may be futile to some but sorry wasn't for me.

If there where people who upheld the common belief then and only would i present some eye openers - not otherwise - sorry.

HP_TECH

Bring forth your eye openers.
For I am of the understanding that my forefather feared His Lord thus much.
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Quote from: HP_TECH on July 21, 2017, 10:23:08 AM
Bring forth your eye openers.
For I am of the understanding that my forefather feared His Lord thus much.

Sorry i didn't understand your post.

"For I am of the understanding that my forefather feared His Lord thus much." ?

HP_TECH

Quote from: 357 on July 22, 2017, 05:58:47 PM
Sorry i didn't understand your post.

"For I am of the understanding that my forefather feared His Lord thus much." ?

Let's suppose I am of the thought that Ibrahim was clearly intent on sacrificing his son because he had seen it in one of his visions through which God communicated and taught him how to interpret as He did with his son Isaac, Yaqub and later Yusuf.

What is wrong with such understanding and premise?

What eye opening information can you provide from the Quran?

If it is from without save your breath I don't care to hear it

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Quote from: HP_TECH on July 22, 2017, 09:10:58 PM
Let's suppose I am of the thought that Ibrahim was clearly intent on sacrificing his son because he had seen it in one of his visions through which God communicated and taught him how to interpret as He did with his son Isaac, Yaqub and later Yusuf.

What is wrong with such understanding and premise?

What eye opening information can you provide from the Quran?

If it is from without save your breath I don't care to hear it

So you would do that? vow!

Sorry i wouldn't, i would just believe i am off my rocker......

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-father-axes-infant-son-please-goddessdurga-513194

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/woman-burns-child-to-death-to-appease-gods-arrested-545924

http://www.digitaljournal.com/article/317075

Many people who follow those of old ......insane..i think. :-[

HP_TECH

Quote from: 357 on July 24, 2017, 02:22:11 PM
So you would do that? vow!
[Straw-man Fallacy] When did you you hear me say that?

Sorry i wouldn't, i would just believe i am off my rocker......
No one asked you...Although I'm also uncertain about your rocker... with the understanding and implications you are making

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/india-father-axes-infant-son-please-goddessdurga-513194

http://www.ndtv.com/india-news/woman-burns-child-to-death-to-appease-gods-arrested-545924

Quran 17:31
And (do) not kill your children (for) fear (of) poverty. We (We) provide for them and for you. Indeed, their killing is a sin great.

Quran 6:151
Say, "Come, I will recite what has prohibited your Lord to you. That (do) not associate with Him anything, and with the parents (be) good, and (do) not kill your children (out) of poverty, We provide for you and for them. And (do) not go near [the] immoralities what (is) apparent of them and what (is) concealed. And (do) not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except by (legal) right. That (He) has enjoined on you with it, so that you may use reason."

Many people who follow those of old ......insane..i think. :-[
Indeed, The only guidance is from Allah

Here is a crucial mistake you have made which shows no competence of the scripture and no willingness to truly study for form council under which to better comprehend the subject matter:

1) You did not cite the verses in question
2) You merely go on about your position and interpretation without providing proof for it from Quran

Always provide proof from Quran

37:99-107
-And he said, "Indeed, I am going to my Lord, He will guide me.
-My Lord grant me of the righteous."
-So We gave him the glad tidings of a boy forbearing.
-Then when he reached the (age of) working with him he said, "O my son! Indeed, I have seen in the dream that I am sacrificing you, so look what you see." He said, "O my father! Do what you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the patient ones."
-Then when both of them had submitted and he put him down upon his forehead,
-And We called out to him that "O Ibrahim!
-Verily, you have fulfilled the vision." Indeed, We thus [We] reward the good-doers.
-Indeed, this (was) surely [it] the trial clear.
-And We ransomed him with a sacrifice great,

The issue here is not whether you would do that, or if anyone would do that. Are you Ibrahim? Did God command you to do that?
You don't have one billionth of Iman or righteousness as the prophets yet you are here in one way or another trying to make the claim that one of the prophets committed something grave.

Your assertion could not be further form the truth as Ibrahim first and foremost saw through a vision that he was sacrificing his son, then he sought council about this vision from his own son, who recognizing the authenticity of the source of the visions his father routinely had, instructed his own father to do as he was commanded and sought to be patient over the ordeal.

All your pagan deity sacrifice outcry goes right out the window.

Subsequently there was no real sacrifice involved, it was a clear trial.

8:28 64:15

And know that your wealth and your children (are) a trial. And that Allah - with Him (is) a reward great.

Allah tested their submission and they both submitted, one intended on striking and one intended on meeting His Lord, thus they were rewarded

You cannot corrupt the truth and God's Words with your association of pagan human sacrificing.
It does not hold water here

Quote from: HP_TECH on July 24, 2017, 06:43:58 PM
[Straw-man Fallacy] When did you you hear me say that?
No one asked you...Although I'm also uncertain about your rocker... with the understanding and implications you are making
Quran 17:31
And (do) not kill your children (for) fear (of) poverty. We (We) provide for them and for you. Indeed, their killing is a sin great.

Quran 6:151
Say, "Come, I will recite what has prohibited your Lord to you. That (do) not associate with Him anything, and with the parents (be) good, and (do) not kill your children (out) of poverty, We provide for you and for them. And (do) not go near [the] immoralities what (is) apparent of them and what (is) concealed. And (do) not kill the soul which Allah has forbidden except by (legal) right. That (He) has enjoined on you with it, so that you may use reason."
Indeed, The only guidance is from Allah

Here is a crucial mistake you have made which shows no competence of the scripture and no willingness to truly study for form council under which to better comprehend the subject matter:

1) You did not cite the verses in question
2) You merely go on about your position and interpretation without providing proof for it from Quran

Always provide proof from Quran

37:99-107
-And he said, "Indeed, I am going to my Lord, He will guide me.
-My Lord grant me of the righteous."
-So We gave him the glad tidings of a boy forbearing.
-Then when he reached the (age of) working with him he said, "O my son! Indeed, I have seen in the dream that I am sacrificing you, so look what you see." He said, "O my father! Do what you are commanded. You will find me, if Allah wills, of the patient ones."
-Then when both of them had submitted and he put him down upon his forehead,
-And We called out to him that "O Ibrahim!
-Verily, you have fulfilled the vision." Indeed, We thus [We] reward the good-doers.
-Indeed, this (was) surely [it] the trial clear.
-And We ransomed him with a sacrifice great,

The issue here is not whether you would do that, or if anyone would do that. Are you Ibrahim? Did God command you to do that?
You don't have one billionth of Iman or righteousness as the prophets yet you are here in one way or another trying to make the claim that one of the prophets committed something grave.

Your assertion could not be further form the truth as Ibrahim first and foremost saw through a vision that he was sacrificing his son, then he sought council about this vision from his own son, who recognizing the authenticity of the source of the visions his father routinely had, instructed his own father to do as he was commanded and sought to be patient over the ordeal.

All your pagan deity sacrifice outcry goes right out the window.

Subsequently there was no real sacrifice involved, it was a clear trial.

8:28 64:15

And know that your wealth and your children (are) a trial. And that Allah - with Him (is) a reward great.

Allah tested their submission and they both submitted, one intended on striking and one intended on meeting His Lord, thus they were rewarded

You cannot corrupt the truth and God's Words with your association of pagan human sacrificing.
It does not hold water here

yet you are here in one way or another trying to make the claim that one of the prophets committed something grave.

I am not at all.

I was looking at the general Muslim beliefs who follow the mistranslated quran, in which so many wrongs are attributed to good people .

Abraham nor his son agreed to any such sacrifice - all you need is to check the oldest quran found n Tashkent , Uzbekistan....

I did show that a few years earlier to other people here.....Regards.

HP_TECH

Quote from: 357 on July 27, 2017, 05:31:23 AM
I am not at all.

I was looking at the general Muslim beliefs who follow the mistranslated quran, in which so many wrongs are attributed to good people .

Abraham nor his son agreed to any such sacrifice - all you need is to check the oldest quran found n Tashkent , Uzbekistan....

I did show that a few years earlier to other people here.....Regards.

Okay provide the links if you will
Regards

good logic

Peace 357.

When you say ,quote:

I fail to understand why one would do that?
If you have something useful to share with your fellow members then just share it. If you have different views,then discuss them or if you have questions/concerns then sincerely ask them. Or do you want to laugh at people s views?

This is against the etiquette of the Qoran you claim you are discussing,but it is your choice.
I am sorry to say,but I find your motives questionable. If I am wrong show me your real intentions.
GOD bless you.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST
38:65″ Say:? I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.?
[url="https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28"]https://total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/?p=28[/url]

Quote from: good logic on July 27, 2017, 09:20:07 AM
Peace 357.

When you say ,quote:

I fail to understand why one would do that?
If you have something useful to share with your fellow members then just share it. If you have different views,then discuss them or if you have questions/concerns then sincerely ask them. Or do you want to laugh at people s views?

This is against the etiquette of the Qoran you claim you are discussing,but it is your choice.
I am sorry to say,but I find your motives questionable. If I am wrong show me your real intentions.
GOD bless you.
Peace.

I thought i was sharing them;

when i saw these i was stunned and at one time i used to believe in the sacrifice od Abraham.