Author Topic: How did the Arabs Manage Without AC?  (Read 1041 times)

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
Re: How did the Arabs Manage Without AC?
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 05:26:58 AM »
The big secret is clothing. If you look at Middle Eastern clothings, you will notice they all have 1 common thing;

They are all "baggy". Not in the sense like modern times where the pants are down halfway. The clothes are not tight, and they seal well.

To the contrary as many people think, less clothes means higher temperature. This is because skin will be in direct contact with outer temperature.
But those who wear Middle Eastern and East Asian clothes have 3 different temperatures.
1. Their own temperature. This one is slightly elevated.
2. The temperature of air between body and clothes. This one is slightly higher than body temperature, but it's much lower than outer temperature.
3. Outer temperature.

The temperature can be lowered even more by wearing something between body and "airy" clothes, such as a shirt.

Traditionally, the men were white. But dang, nothing seems to take away the heat.

I remember one of my friends saying that her dad used to prefer wet ground for sleeping. But that didn't sound realistic. We were merely kids when she told me that.

Peace reel,

The entire post I have written that I'm linking is a bit off-topic, but there are two links which talk about the functionality of Arab loose fitting garments and answer the question you asked:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9608788.msg393886#msg393886
It is essential similar to what brother Submitter is conveying.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for the link. That has always been my conclusion also. The covering even of the face is so necessary in those places. Its too easy to get nasty burns from the sun and asthma from the sandy dust. I have the "affected" people in the house.

They probably got a lot done in the morning and napped during hottest hours

Oh God, 8am there felt like 2pm of central Californian summer . Much better than the afternoon though. But yeah, I do remember that in UAE, people started working almost from 4am. People hardly went to sleep at night, but that was really great and benchmark when it comes to me judging cities now.
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 05:46:24 AM »
I don't know which country you went to, but Iraq by far is the hottest, especially during July-August.
I remember being on a line in Mosul to cross to Syria in 2010. It was June, and there was some problem, the US soldiers wouldn't let anyone through except families. Everyone had to stand under the sun for hours and there was no shop to buy water. I think it was +40C. From around 1pm to 5-6pm. So hot I got the desert effect but without the hallucinations  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Then when I got to Syria, it felt like winter. It was 23C in Damascus that night. I slept 16 hours that night  ;D
Emirates is also very hot, but I think the reason is because of all those high skyscrapers blocking the wind. I checked the temperature but it wasn't as high as Iraq's, but it still felt much hotter.

good logic

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2017, 06:50:48 AM »
Reel,Submitter,I got to feel the heat a little on my last visit to Africa. Not as bad as you are both describing.
Anyway,Qoran describes a hotter place,and I am not looking forward to be there!!!!

Here are some "hot" jokes:

Q: What happened after brother Submitter purchased a loaf of bread in Iraq?
A: By the time he got home it was toast!

Q: What do you call the Robin Williams movie about a hot California summer?
A: Mrs. Droughtfire.

Q: What did the air conditioning say to the person?
A: I'm your biggest fan.

Q: What are the only two seasons in Phoenix, Arizona?
A: Hot and Hotter.

Q: Which is faster, heat or cold?
A: Heat, because you can catch a cold!

How hot is it?
the cows are giving evaporated milk.
the chickens are laying hard-boiled eggs
I saw a dog chasing a cat and they were both walkin'
hot water now comes out of both taps.
every time I think about ice, water pours out of my ears.
you actually burn your hand opening the car door.
you realize that asphalt has a liquid state.
the birds have to use potholders to pull worms out of the ground.
the potatoes cook underground, and all you have to do to have lunch is to pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper.
farmers are feeding their chickens crushed ice to keep them from laying hard-boiled eggs.
the trees are whistling for the dogs.
you start putting ice cubes in your water bed.
you no longer associate bridges (or rivers) with water.
you can say 113 degrees without fainting.
Satan decided to take the day off.
the four seasons are: tolerable, hot, really hot and ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
you eat hot chilies to cool your mouth off.
your dream house is any house in Alaska.
you can make instant sun tea.
your car overheats before you drive it.
you learn that a seat belt makes a pretty good branding iron.
the temperature drops below 95, you feel a bit chilly.
you've experienced condensation on your butt from the hot water in the toilet bowl.
you would give anything to be able to splash cold water on your face.

Do you want more? Just kidding!
GOD bless you both.
Peace.
TOTAL LOYALTY TO GOD ALONE.   IN GOD I TRUST

38:65″ Say: I warn you; There is no other god beside GOD, the One, the Supreme.

http://www.total-loyalty-to-god-alone.co.uk/website-pages/good-logic/

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #13 on: July 07, 2017, 07:18:15 AM »
lol

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #14 on: July 07, 2017, 12:34:24 PM »
these are jokes butt hell prison is truth... :&

:sun:
:sun: :angel: :sun:
         :sun:

once a person car was breakdown in hot dessert and he was feeling hungry he literally break the egg on car bonnet and egg get cooked..
heat  is a blessing for hungry person..
without heat we cant cook lol
SO which of the MIRACLES/MARVELS of your Lord you will deny
55:55.

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2017, 12:37:33 PM »
duplicate post(plz del)

imrankhawaja

• Wise One / Burnout
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2017, 12:38:41 PM »
duplicate post(plz del)

reel

• Advanced Truth Seeker
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2017, 11:52:52 PM »
I don't know which country you went to, but Iraq by far is the hottest, especially during July-August.
I remember being on a line in Mosul to cross to Syria in 2010. It was June, and there was some problem, the US soldiers wouldn't let anyone through except families. Everyone had to stand under the sun for hours and there was no shop to buy water. I think it was +40C. From around 1pm to 5-6pm. So hot I got the desert effect but without the hallucinations  :rotfl: :rotfl:
Then when I got to Syria, it felt like winter. It was 23C in Damascus that night. I slept 16 hours that night  ;D
Emirates is also very hot, but I think the reason is because of all those high skyscrapers blocking the wind. I checked the temperature but it wasn't as high as Iraq's, but it still felt much hotter.

Yeah, I was talking about Emirates. You are from Iraq? So which parts of middle east have least amount of heat?

@GL
That was funny  ;D
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

A Submitter

• Truth Seeker
« Reply #18 on: July 09, 2017, 02:41:33 AM »
Yeah, I was talking about Emirates. You are from Iraq? So which parts of middle east have least amount of heat?

@GL
That was funny  ;D
No, but I've been there.
The least hot countries are Levant countries, places along the ocean such as Syria, Lebanon, Palestine