What is sunnah salaat

Maha

• Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Re: Salaat
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2017, 12:58:34 PM »
How many salaat to be practiced
What is sunnah salaat

Guess this post should not be in the section of 'introduce yourself' and instead should have been in other sections.

Sunnah salaat is the one practiced by sunnis.

Peace
''No one has ever made himself great by showing how small someone else is''

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2017, 01:14:36 PM »
You may find this compilation useful:
https://free-minds.org/forum/index.php?topic=9598319.0

To my knowledge, for the mumineen it is a minimum of twice daily salat sessions.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

jemby97

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2017, 07:43:55 PM »
Salam Wakas,

In your articles http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/slw.htm you have said the following;

NB: an important issue that I have only begun to study is that all the "verses"/signs/ayatin which refer to a time for slw are addressed to the messenger in the Arabic singular (unlike other commands, such as "fasting"/abstinence/sawm), thus may not be applicable to everyone. This for example, may solve the problem of unworkable sun-based schedules in northern countries, e.g. Sweden/Norway during some parts of the year. Also, for orbiting astronauts in space. Therefore, it has been suggested that the timing systems described for slw are meant to be taken as an example, not that they should be applicable to everyone everywhere. Thus, instead of morning & evening, it would be at the start of the working day and at the end (implied in 24:58), whatever that may be for each individual. This aspect of this article will be updated as soon as I have researched it thoroughly.
 Please note that 2:185, abstinence is only upon those who are able to witness the month. No such clause exists for salat.

Can I get the ref for what you said that " time for slw are addressed to messenger? (RED)

Thank you.

NB : Thanks also to you and Brother Ayman for your articles on SLW, Muslim & Mumiin.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2017, 01:33:48 AM »
peace,

In your articles http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/slw.htm you have said the following;

Can I get the ref for what you said that " time for slw are addressed to messenger? (RED)

I need to clarify that part in red, I meant "...which refer to a sun-based time for slw are addressed...".

It's simple to check, just look up the verses which mention sun-based timing and salat together and it's always in the Arabic singular, e.g. 11:114, 17:78. Note that 24:58 (plural address) does not mention the sun. This same phenomenon is found in the timed-sabih verses, see:
http://mypercept.co.uk/articles/meaning-SaBiH-from-Quran.html

I do not think this is a coincidence.
All information in my posts is correct to the best of my knowledge only and thus should not be taken as a fact. One should seek knowledge and verify: 17:36, 20:114, 35:28, 49:6, 58:11. My articles

www.studyQuran.org

jemby97

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 05:21:31 AM »
Thank you for the reply brother wakas.

What I dont understand is why/how is it referring to the messenger?

Sorry if I missed something somewhere.

Wakas

• Administrator
  • Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +14/-2
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2017, 03:28:19 AM »
In Arabic (and other languages) one can address the audience in the plural/dual/singular, depending on the verbs/words/pronouns/etc used.

In Quran, certain commands are given in the plural address, some are singular address. The latter may or may not be applicable to all.

If you check the Arabic you will see this clearly. Those verses I mentioned use the singular address.

www.studyQuran.org