News:

About us: a forum for monotheists, and discussion of Islam based on The Quran

Main Menu

65:4 tense child marriage/pedophilia

Started by Baitachal, May 24, 2017, 06:19:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amin

Child marriage do happened in the past, in some societies marriages were arranged in the childhood, due to various reasons. it was completely seen normal, marriages in the teenage was common some decades back.

huruf

It is different to arrange the marriage between two teenagers who may have grown knowing each other and to arrange the marriage between a girl-child and a full adult or even old man.

Salaam

reel

Quote from: amin on May 26, 2017, 10:26:53 PM
Child marriage do happened in the past, in some societies marriages were arranged in the childhood, due to various reasons. it was completely seen normal, marriages in the teenage was common some decades back.

What if those people were not guided?
Did any prophet or other people do it in the Quran?

As of now, child marriage is very much legal in most American states. I met women who went through it. Yet I wouldn't use this to justify what is not in the Quran, but upheld by sectarians as part of the deen.

Sects can do it simply because they follow atheist doctrine according to which consciousness and free will do not exist. In their eyes, your body and chemical decide whether you are a true Muslim. This is the perfect way to deny a person's right and feelings. 

But Allah confirms that in marriage two people are supposed to find peace and love.

And of His signs is that He created for you from yourselves mates that you may find tranquility in them; and He placed between you affection (اسم منصوب means love and not affection) and mercy. Indeed in that are signs for a people who give thought.30:20

Another thing is that Allah wants us to be fully genuine. What we say with the mouth must match what we have in the heart. Promise is a big thing in Quran Islam:

And they who are to their trusts and their promises attentive 23:8

Who will inherit al-Firdaus. They will abide therein eternally.23:11

So no playing with the promise of marriage!
"I fear that nothing will lead me to hell more than ḥadīth"-Hadith collector: Shu'ba Ibn al-Ḥajjāj

imrankhawaja

Quote from: amin on May 26, 2017, 10:26:53 PM

teen started with the end of thirteenth year so its quite understandable that 14/15/16 years girl marry with 14/15/16/17/18 years boy both are teen anyway..

about child marriage i may disagree , may b it was a normal practice for these people same like it was normal practice for them to kill their daughters in childhoood.. killing them or marrying them in childhood is the act of evil which cant be by God as  per my understanding..

the age 6 or 9 with a person more than 50 years is a clear evil.. cannot be from God.. or any normal nation/people.

this is a six years old girl... how people can even think to get married with that kid who just start understanding the nature of day and night.. and motion of sun and moon..

may God guide us to the right path

amin

I meant marriages between teens, not with an older person.
Even now in some places, Marriage contracts are made at an age of 8 or 9 and couples are made to wait to consummate their marriage at their appropriate age. Thinking about Thousand years back?

imrankhawaja

Quote from: amin on May 27, 2017, 09:45:50 AM

Even now in some places, Marriage contracts are made at an age of 8 or 9 and couples are made to wait to consummate their marriage at their appropriate age. Thinking about Thousand years back?

totally non quranic practice...

drawbacks..

1 the choices of people become change with the passage of time(face, habbits, beauty)
2 quran advise us to engagge with eachother before marriage for better understanding eachother... 8 and 9 years is still immature age you cant understand eachother surely..
3 making somebody's life decision without their permission is also against God laws

now think about thousand years back or one hundred thousand years back.. immorality is never encouraged by God in any age of time..

whoever is practicing these things even some of the places in india its still going on but its illegal to practice such acts...

so fourth point is the current practice is illegal hence you are also doing a crime against government laws..

amin

I see things differently, Ok now for example lets take a  case of a girl aged 13, lost her parents, living in a desert community meager population, and now there are only some relatives of her in support for her,  What do you think is the best for the girl, to be married or not? You take the role of a village leader to decide the future of the girl.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: amin on May 27, 2017, 11:43:11 AM
I see things differently, Ok now for example lets take a  case of a girl aged 13, lost her parents, living in a desert community meager population, and now there are only some relatives of her in support for her,  What do you think is the best for the girl, to be married or not? You take the role of a village leader to decide the future of the girl.

ok if ill be the village leader i will decide for her to complete her basic education first atleast higher secondary school .. usually girls complete it when they are 16 .. after that i ll ask her if she want to study more or shall i look a husband for her...  if she want to study further then i ll do my best to get her the education whatever she want... and if she want to get married i ll look for her a suitable partner...

in case 2 if a 13 years old girl want to get married i ll look a husband for her... and for atleast two years i ll get them engage so that they know eachother before spending life together ...  in this case girls is 15... (my own grandmother married when she was fifteen my gandfather was 19 at that time a perfect match  ;) )

in case number 3 if a girls is 6 or 9 years old and a 50 years old person want to get married with her.. then i ll bring the shotgun of my ansectors and perhaps shoot him infront of the whole village (only if i allowed to shoot by God )   :voodoo: but i think i ll not shoot him as its against my learning ... but i ll make him taste of humilation for demanding such sick wish...

Baitachal

imrankhwaja they're are muslims and people who very proudly say muhammad had a 9 year old wife...

it makes me sick to my stomach.

and they're stupid arguments..."oh life expectancy was 30!"

well my that logic a  9 year old would marry a fellow 9 year old or MAXIMUN 13 year old..

pedophilia...the one thing that makes me lose faith in a merciful god. but.. its more complicated than that.

i think like it says in the quran, if muhammad married a 9 year old girl allah would have punished him, taken the revelations away from him.

imrankhawaja

Quote from: Baitachal on May 27, 2017, 04:10:50 PM
imrankhwaja they're are muslims and people who very proudly say muhammad had a 9 year old wife...

pedophilia...the one thing that makes me lose faith in a merciful god. but.. its more complicated than that.

forget about people/nations claims
different people claim different weird things about God and his messengers, like christianity, judiasm and islam.. along with hindus and buddists... 

but what i dnt understand is why your faith is so much weak ?

dnt you beleive in creator who is full of love and full of truth and logic...

do you beleive if some folks claim something and address it to God... will you  turn back on your heels?
you must beleive there is not any immorality and illogical thing could be from God other wise he is not God... (thats what logic and mind says about God)

peace and God bless you..