Author Topic: Ramadan is spiritual retreat, 3 days, in the 7th full moon after march equinox  (Read 5503 times)

Cerberus

• Apprentice
Why so self-centered ? I think you should know yourself. As anyone else should.

noshirk

• Truth Seeker
Why so self-centered ? I think you should know yourself. As anyone else should.

another mind analysis.
another advice.
what would I do without you ?
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.

noshirk

• Truth Seeker
salaam

2:185 SHAHR RAMADAN, in which the Qur’an was revealed; as a guide to the people and clarities from the guidance and the Criterion. Therefore, whoever of you SHAHIDA the SHAHR, then let him MAKE +SAOUM therein. ......

here is the traduction found on free-minds
2:185 A month of aspiration, in which the Qur’an was revealed; as a guide to the people and clarities from the guidance and the Criterion. Therefore, whoever of you witnesses the month....

let suppose that shahr is lunar month (it is full moon for me) and let suppose that ramadan is name of a month (it is period of first rain after summer for me) , the question is how you observe/see month of ramadan ?

that is
how do you now that you have to begin a month with crescent ?
how do you now that "the month thaht you see" is month of ramadan ?

of course, for the first point, there is this verse
2:189 They ask you regarding the crescent moons, say: “They are a timing mechanism for the people and the Pilgrimage.” And piety is not that you would enter a home from its back, but piety is whoever is righteous and comes to the homes from their main doors. And be aware of God that you may succeed.

what is front door and what is the back door ?
is new moon (when it is all black) front door and full moon (when it is all light) back door or reverse ?

but the funny thing is how you can guess that we are in the "moon" of ramadan with quran ?

where is the first month in quran, who told you that ramadan is 9th month ? and who fixed the  beginning of counting since "lunar year" has no fixed reference to seasons ?

what i mean is whatever you do, you cannot see "shahr of ramadan" with priesthood understanding.

however, this year, the full moon of first period of rain after summer is for monday 24, tuesday 25 and wednesday 26 september. No need for any monk to see that. No need to know for who fixed the calendar and when.

Ramadan Mabrouk for who do it.

Peace
noshirk=trying to never mix teachings of The unique Rabb with other teachings, and specially any kind of clerical teachings.