Author Topic: Mecca being at the golden ratio of earth? Can I get a few peoples insight?  (Read 926 times)

RECKLESSgoat

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Salam brothers and sisters, I have been trying to follow the quran alone for about 3 weeks now so I don't really know much yet, I have noticed that some of you are very... straightforward... so all I am asking is for you to take it easy on me  :-[
Being an ex-sunni, I have abandoned many of my prior beliefs and rituals one of which is facing towards a 'qiblah', more specifically the ka'baa, this used to make me really worried and uncomfortable at first but after a while those feelings stopped... that was until I came across this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYksIdA3FQ

ever since then I have been even more worried than before  :& If this golden ratio thing is really true then it couldn't have been a coincidence, yet I couldn't find anything in the quran that hints to the 'qiblah' being physical or anything that connects it with 'salaat' from what I have read so far, as a matter of fact the quran mentions that wherever we face we find god.
If someone has any insight into this golden ratio thing I would really appreciate it, anything to just kickstart my mind, I feel like my head is about to explode from all the thinking I have been doing for the last three weeks, being a sunni was very easy for me as I just blindly followed what my imam told me to follow and never questioned anything, I now see the error of my ways and I would never blindly follow anything but viewing other peoples opinion on this matter could really be of help.

Salam.

Bender

• Wise One / Burnout
  • Karma +0/-0
Hi RECKLESS welcome to the forum  :handshake:

Like you said whatever direction we face there is God.
If you think that facing Mecca is the direction then I do not see why it should be wrong, it's just 1 of the endless directions.
Alhamdu lillahi rabbi al-alameen

HP_TECH

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +0/-0
Salaam
...yet I couldn't find anything in the quran that hints to the 'qiblah' being physical or anything that connects it with 'salaat' from what I have read so far

How far have you actually read?
It's all over the second chapter...... :hmm
إِنَّنِي مِنَ الْمُسْلِمِي

My Lord I repent to you for anything I uttered concerning You for which I have no knowledge of. Indeed You are the Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful

Faith

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
Salam brothers and sisters, I have been trying to follow the quran alone for about 3 weeks now so I don't really know much yet, I have noticed that some of you are very... straightforward... so all I am asking is for you to take it easy on me  :-[
Being an ex-sunni, I have abandoned many of my prior beliefs and rituals one of which is facing towards a 'qiblah', more specifically the ka'baa, this used to make me really worried and uncomfortable at first but after a while those feelings stopped... that was until I came across this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkYksIdA3FQ

ever since then I have been even more worried than before  :& If this golden ratio thing is really true then it couldn't have been a coincidence, yet I couldn't find anything in the quran that hints to the 'qiblah' being physical or anything that connects it with 'salaat' from what I have read so far, as a matter of fact the quran mentions that wherever we face we find god.
If someone has any insight into this golden ratio thing I would really appreciate it, anything to just kickstart my mind, I feel like my head is about to explode from all the thinking I have been doing for the last three weeks, being a sunni was very easy for me as I just blindly followed what my imam told me to follow and never questioned anything, I now see the error of my ways and I would never blindly follow anything but viewing other peoples opinion on this matter could really be of help.

Salam.

Salam,
The verse 2:115 is recited beautifully by Minshawi in the link you gave.
I'd recommend using the Quran Translation by Free-minds for a non-infused hadith translation, and to read the articles.

God knows best,
Peace.
my Lord and your Lord is on a straight path, not a curved one.

Noon waalqalami

• Advanced Truth Seeker
  • Karma +2/-0
If someone has any insight into this golden ratio thing I would really appreciate it...

Peace, it's prevalent in nature (video only glanced at it appears to be simple numerology).

https://www.mathsisfun.com/numbers/golden-ratio.html

EdQ

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0
I looked at the video... it was extrapolation and cuckoo science at its best.... or at its worst - either way its the kind of stuff that unicorns are made of.

Salam
Ed
Come, let us worship the ONE GOD Alone.

Wilson

• Apprentice
  • Karma +0/-0

RECKLESSgoat

• Beginner/Inquirer
  • Karma +0/-0
Thanks a lot for the help guys, I really appreciate it, I genuinely feel like I am on the right path by following the quran alone but sometimes the doubts keep creeping back in, letting go of old beliefs is harder than I expected but with god on my side I think I will do just fine  :) :muscle:

Peace!

Salaam
How far have you actually read?
It's all over the second chapter...... :hmm

Hmmm... if anything, reading the second chapter(without the shackles of sunni interpretation or the opinions of an imam) only strengthens my belief that the 'qiblah' is not physical and has nothing to do with 'salaat'. My current understanding of the quran tells me that there was a physical 'qiblah' at some point in time but it was then abandoned and that the new 'qiblah' is simply a 'way of life', basically what you can and cannot do, I believe it should be "faced" at all times, what further proves this to me is when god says that wherever we are we must face it, no mention of only doing it during 'salaat' is made, he didn't even link the 'qiblah' to the 'salaat' at all, unless I am missing something? :confused:

Peace brother!

I looked at the video... it was extrapolation and cuckoo science at its best.... or at its worst - either way its the kind of stuff that unicorns are made of.

Salam
Ed

Haha, I guess the leftovers from my sunni side make me extremely superstitious,  :rotfl:
peace!